FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth Nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cloth Nappies
    Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:05pm
Ok now I have posted this in Pregnancy a while ago, but seen as this is here now I thoguht I'd do it here too.
What brand of cloth nappies do you use?
Good old fashioned cloth?
Or the new fancy schmancy Pocket system nappies?
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:11pm
Good old fashioned cloths with the Johnsons liners and some Bravo wraps I got from Babyonline. Worked well with Maya and no probs this time either - although the Bravo wraps are soooo much nicer than any of the covers I had for Maya.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:16pm
I shall take a looksie at babyonline,
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:37pm
I use fuzzis for both boys, and whatever is on sale for emergnecis
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:51pm
I have fuzzis (newfangled pocket system ), peapods, stuffables, and a swaddlebee pocket (old style).

Fuzzis and Pea Pods are great

Stuffables are next to useless (cute print though ) and swaddlebee never quite worked for me... but new style is much better - the old style was from early 2005.

Edited to get my damn dates right.

Edited by nikkiwhyte
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:54pm
you still keen to do the nappy thing Nikki?
I know a few people keen
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:59pm
Yep - did my first demo today. It went really badly. But I can only improve right?!?!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:07pm
hehe, well Im sure it will be loads of fun esp if me and Kaz are there
I just replied to your PM.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:41pm
Nikki, you definitely get better!! I always have trouble starting off, its much easier when people just ask questions!

If I have another baby, I would prob do the same as with Hannah as a newborn - mainly old-fashioned cloth and covers, because she outgrew hew small size fuzzi at about 8 weeks, and then into modern cloth after that.

I have also tried fitteds with covers which were ok but they take too long to dry and are bulkier. I havent tried prefolds. Tried a one size nappy but hated that, it never fitted "perfect".

I love pocket nappies because:
- so easy to use
- dry really fast
- fleece against baby keeps them dry so dont need to use liners, and poo falls off/rinses out really easy
- trim fit
- can adjust the absorbancy
- lovely colours (there are some gorgeous fitted naps out there but you need to put covers over them )
- although you need a couple of sizes, the fit really well (cos they have domes for waist and thigh) and one sze fits for ages (eg Hannah started in medium at 2 months and has only just outgrown them cos she has large thighs, now in large whigh will fit until shes TT!)

Sorry long post, but obviously I have a lot to say about cloth nappies (and will prob think of more to add to this later!)

PS I am SOOOO happy to see so many of you using cloth and/or thinking about it, and even tho I love (and sell) Fuzzi Bunz, as long as people use cloth of any brand I am happy!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 4:03pm
I don't think there is much else I can say as aimeejoy just said it all!

I am a HUGE fuzzi's fan (just got a box laod with all the bits and pieces today from a Trade Me deal - bliss!!!).

I love that I can adjust the absorbancy, good fit, trim, great colours, fast drying, in shorte, they rock!

I've also got a few others in my stash, a couple of pockets made by some TNN girls which are just loverly (including a great Christmas nappy), I've also got some fitteds, (snazzipants and a couple I received today of a trade me seller) and I also have some prefolds.

I tend to keep the prefolds for emergency nappies though they are also great to stuff pockets with, especially at night.

The fitteds are gorgeous but it does suck having to put a cover over them.

My Xmas avatar is Maddie in her Xmas nap...so cute!!

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 6:07pm
yay the Fuzzis!
so ridiculously easy to use and have saved us heaps!
Can't wait to upgrade to the next size and get crazy with some coloured ones
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 6:13pm
I have a friend who uses fuzzis, one who uses wonderoos,a nd one who uses mummytouch and they all recomend them and one who uses good old fashioned cloths.
So with all these choices out ehre there is so much to chose from.
I got a pricey for mummystouch and they were $495 for 12 nappies and inserts (they OSFA) any extra inserts are $8 each, and the nappies seperatly are $40.
So I was thinking maybe I might have a look at waht you have Nikki on Thursday and go from there. I have posted about next Thursday in all the msn parenting sites I belong to so we might be able to get a good group.
Should see on here whos keen??
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 9:00pm
I should add. bought Taine medium sized fuzzis from about 4 months. he is now nearly 11 months (gulp!!!) and still fitting them well. we have also large and xtra large. large fit him, and xtra large fit for night time when they have a lot of stuffing. so even though you might feel that a one-size-fits all may be more economical, I have found the mediums to fit Taine for AGES! also worked out that it took me three months to pay for them - as in, the money that I would've spent on disposbales, so anything after three months of use, I'm saving money!
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 9:23pm
I've got real nappies which are a pre-fold & cover system. They're great - I've hardly had any leaks & they dry really quickly. Only problems are they're a little bit fiddly to put on & can be kind of bulky. We've also got some magic-alls which are all in one's. They're super easy to use(no different to a disposable really), nice & trim, & come in lots of cool colours, but they're not hugely absorbent (although they do perform better with a booster pad) & they take quite a while to dry too.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 9:50pm
We've been lucky in that the small fuzzis still fit Maddie and I think they will for a while yet (wohoo!!). All the same I'm well stocked on mediums now too!

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 7:48am
If your bubs dont have particularly large thighs, mediums will fit for a loooong time, like even longer than Hannahs (10 months wear).
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 7:59am
but that all depends on teh size of the child though. we have had issues finding a good size nappy for HAleigh at 14 months she is 13kg (at birth just under 5kg), and up until she was 11 months she had extremly chubby thighs, which is why we;re trying to get as much information on different kinds of cloth nappies as we can.
Even though we've used disposable for her, which is why we're looking into cloth to see if theyare better in sizes.
ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 10:35am
has anyone used joel-eze nappies? i see alot of them on trademe and was just wondering what they're like.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 12:09pm
for me, fuzzis are adjustable so good for the chubby thigh child. also if you do the trial pack, i'm sure they offer a money bcak guarantee if they don't fit.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 12:59pm
Yep, there is a money back guarantee (30 days to try it). Also if you bought a package of naps if they are unused and the wrong size, they can easily be exchanged.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>