FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 898>
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 1:49pm
yeah i thought it was weird for the mw to say that but she seems onto it so i just went with what she said..

if it works for you i say do it!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 2:43pm
babe, my son has aspergers and adhd as well. He also has a heart defect so that and the adhd is a bit of a contradiction .

I am on undie patrol because when I went for my scan the other day they found a small bleed at the bottom of my uterus but that was on wednesday and I've had nothing so I'm taking that as a good sign

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 3:53pm
Undie patrol member signing in - made it this far through the day af was due - did lots of housework today and now I'm so buggered I think I am going to have to learn to pace myself and do some each day I think because I only got half way through it.

Angel March 2011
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 5:06pm
Yay tray that's awesome

Hey do you girls think KFC is safe cos I'm really craving it??

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 5:54pm
in a word no....the chicken esp and i got told the potato and gravy is really bad too(something bout temps) i used to have it all the time!!!

but it's totally personal choice:)!!!!!

limo at least if you do get bleeding you have a reason.. ! which is better than random bleeding!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 6:31pm
I have to take Fish Oil for my ADHD so I guess its not actually for pregnancy though it is good for the neurological development of the baby.
I take Bvits coz it helps me with MS which believe it or not I'm getting already in the evening more though which is good coz DP is home. I picked up some naturopath spray which helped straight away this afternoon so yay!!

Haha yeah I see how those two things are polar opposites Alicia! What do you give him? You'd probably understand totally about the diet thing then coz thats a major ADHD factor and also helps so much with the Aspergers.
I also recommend no for the KFC! I'm being completely anal and avoiding anything that looks even slightly questionable (though its also an attempt to avoid any situations that make me feel sicker!) so yeah I'm most careful in the first 3 months then I eat pretty much what I want.

Yay for Alicia and Tray for no bleeds!!! I've still got about 4 days before AF is due so still a tad nervy BUT my wonderful midwife sent through the blood forms to check hCG levels so am getting the first on monday and second on thursday (day after AF due I think) so I'll have a good idea how sticky it is I hope!!!

Jake keeps kissing my tummy its soooo cute and weird! We're printing him a tshirt - I'm gonna be a big brother in Feb 2010!!! and in Sept we'll have him in it and see who notices first lmao can't wait! I'll be 16 weeks but I only started to show with Jake at around 6 months so am crossing my fingers that my abs are still in ok shape and I can hide things lol hmmm....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 6:32pm
Well I think I have evening sickness I'm hungry and nothing appeals - blergh, I just want to drink coke

Anyone else found they feel almost breathless when they are feeling nauseous?

ETA: To answer the question you asked about vitamins, I am taking folic acid and fish oil. I have been taking the fish oil for over a year and find it great for my joints and focus in class. Used to take a womans multi but stopped it when I started TTC because I felt like a druggie lol. I know my iron is ok at the mo but will get the dr to keep an eye on it as I had low iron in both my other pregnancies.

Edited by Tauris75

Angel March 2011
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 6:38pm
I have to take Fish Oil for my ADHD so I guess its not actually for pregnancy though it is good for the neurological development of the baby.
I take Bvits coz it helps me with MS which believe it or not I'm getting already in the evening more though which is good coz DP is home. I picked up some naturopath spray which helped straight away this afternoon so yay!!

Haha yeah I see how those two things are polar opposites Alicia! What do you give him? You'd probably understand totally about the diet thing then coz thats a major ADHD factor and also helps so much with the Aspergers.
I also recommend no for the KFC! I'm being completely anal and avoiding anything that looks even slightly questionable (though its also an attempt to avoid any situations that make me feel sicker!) so yeah I'm most careful in the first 3 months then I eat pretty much what I want.

Yay for Alicia and Tray for no bleeds!!! I've still got about 4 days before AF is due so still a tad nervy BUT my wonderful midwife sent through the blood forms to check hCG levels so am getting the first on monday and second on thursday (day after AF due I think) so I'll have a good idea how sticky it is I hope!!!

Jake keeps kissing my tummy its soooo cute and weird! We're printing him a tshirt - I'm gonna be a big brother in Feb 2010!!! and in Sept we'll have him in it and see who notices first lmao can't wait! I'll be 16 weeks but I only started to show with Jake at around 6 months so am crossing my fingers that my abs are still in ok shape and I can hide things lol hmmm....
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 7:45pm
re iron mine started brillinat but went to 8 at the end with E so i better watch that....

babe- good idea we are going to do something similar for Ethan (t short) I'm also anal about food .. people tease me but I don't care..after the mc's it sorta makes me feel like i have control even though i know why the first happened and it was a chromosome issue..

I've stopped worrying about my ureaplasma cells and my brothers bone disease he is the only one except my Dad who has a mild form ) with his type of disease in the world atm..they think I have no risk but it still worries me a little but been working on not stressing out about things I can't control..seems to be working so far:)

tray i hear you on the coke..but I'm super paranoid about that too so trying to not have too much.. ! and yes to the breathlessness.. good to hear others are the same:)

Mum to two amazing boys!
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 8:50pm
four eyes, why arent they going to monitor you?

Im only on folic acid but feel I should be taking more?
Had my bloods taken on thursday morning so will go and see the doctor about them on monday. will ask for iron my iron count with bailey by 13weeks was 4 - normal range is 20-200

TMI here but is anyone else like really horny! OMG I cant get enough atm lol

ohh and Im on undie watch too, keep getting bad cramps like af cramps, so have to check
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 11:21pm
lurker & probably stalker in

Huge congrats Feb Mums...crossing fingers for a sticky Babe!!!

Oh re kfc I ate potato & gravy & chips pretty much most of the way through my first pregnancy & whopper burgers are great for m/s
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 12:20am
Congratulations Trish
susie
Holstarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holstarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 12:56am
*Lurking also*
Just regarding iron supplements. Not every pregnant woman needs an iron supplement. Get a blood test first, otherwise if you are already high in iron it could be toxic. Secondly, not all iron supplements are created equal. Unfortunately the likes of Ferrograd and Elevit, (although they state they have large amounts of iron), only between 2 and 10% is actually absorbed) The rest is flushed out of your system and can cause constipation. Spatone has a higher absorbency rate and is a much lower dose so is better for you.
Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 7:09am
Morning ladies, I've been awake since 5.30am which is my normal weekday get up time. Isn't it annoying that you can't sleep in when you have the opportunity to!?

Welcome to all the newbies, yay the list is growing nicely!

Random fact/question - I was making toasted sandwiches last night, got the cheese out and I'm fairly certain that "Home Brand" cheese (from Woolworths/Countdown) isn't pasturised. Certainly doesn't say it on the packet and I vaguely remember an old workmate mentioning it about a year ago as he's into all things organic etc. Just thought I should mention it cos I would have assumed all regular cheese was pasturised and wouldn't normally check the packet.

I'm feeling pretty good at the moment, have odd crampy feelings every now and then - mostly at night, but I'm not really feeling sick. Am trying to eat regularly though which I've been doing for for a few months, basically since my m/c. Decided to start eating breakfast etc and more for lunch so I've just kept that up.

Gosh that felt like a novel!!
zcm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zcm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 10:04am
Thanks Babe for putting me on the list

Vitamins - I'm taking a multivitamin, folic acid and fish oil.

I'm studying to be a naturopath and just finished an assignment about fish oil and brain development - was interesting stuff!

I'll admit I had a wicked craving for kfc too the other day and I gave into it I was actually craving the chips more than anything but I had some popcorn chicken as well.

Got another assignment due tomorrow that I've barely started so I'll be spending all day doing that I think My own fault though, I just have no energy or motivation to get into my work at the moment, will be glad when the semester is over and I can have a break for a few weeks My DP has taken our boys to the beach for the day so I've got some peace and quiet to get it done, he's a gem that man!

lol sex is the last thing happening here at the mo, would rather go to sleep

Hope everyone is enjoying their sunday
Mum to two boys and
zcm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zcm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 10:06am

1 Feb     Limochick - Alicia - 28, Hamilton - Finding out sex!
1 Feb     Sass - Clare - 23, Wellington - Finding out sex!
1 Feb     Lollies - Amanda -28-Auckland - Dates To Be Confirmed-Finding out sex!
2 Feb     Tastic - Trish - 28, Christchurch - Finding out sex!
2 Feb     em26 - Emma - 27, Auckland - Finding out sex!
10 Feb   Four_Eyes - KA - 32, Christchurch - Hoping DH changes his mind about finding out sex!
10 Feb   Alanismum - Finding out sex!
14 Feb   Millyz - Amanda- 32, Wgtn - Undecided!
14 Feb   Kats1 - 29, Probably finding out sex!
18 Feb   Tauris75 - Tray - 32, Napier - Finding out sex!
19 Feb   Na_#1 - Danelle - 27, Auckland - Finding out sex!
22 Feb   Babe - Bridie - 24, Shannon - Finding out sex!

Just updating my details on the list too
Mum to two boys and

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 10:19am

1 Feb     Limochick - Alicia - 28, Hamilton - Finding out sex!
1 Feb     Sass - Clare - 23, Wellington - Finding out sex!
1 Feb     Lollies - Amanda -28-Auckland - Dates To Be Confirmed-Finding out sex!
2 Feb     Tastic - Trish - 28, Christchurch - Finding out sex!
2 Feb     em26 - Emma - 27, Auckland - Finding out sex!
10 Feb   Four_Eyes - KA - 32, Christchurch - Hoping DH changes his mind about finding out sex!
10 Feb   Alanismum - Finding out sex!
14 Feb   Millyz - Amanda- 32, Wgtn - Undecided!
14 Feb   Kats1 - 29, Probably finding out sex!
18 Feb   Tauris75 - Tray - 34, Napier - Finding out sex!
19 Feb   Na_#1 - Danelle - 27, Auckland - Finding out sex!
22 Feb   Babe - Bridie - 24, Shannon - Finding out sex!

Just updating my age, not sure why I put 32 - wishful thinking or preggy brain already probably

Angel March 2011
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 11:11am
Morning ladies,

Well if I was gunna get AF it would be due today, I have been getting cramps, but not AF ones & my temp stayed nice & high, so am pretty sure it is not gunna happen. YAY!!!!!

Got my m/c bloods back yesterday & I have a slightly elevated Anticardiolipin antibody result of 23, which is not necessarily a cause for concern.
But he wants me to test again in 8 weeks to check again.I think I will call him tomorrow though & let him know I am UTD & see if anything else needs to be done.

How is everyone else feeling?

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 11:34am
I didn't give into KFC but we did have BK and both dh and I ended up with the runs (sorry if tmi) so I was cursing myself. It's funny cos with both my other pregnancies I never really thought about what I ate but this time is completely different I guess cos we have been waiting and trying for so long.

I wish that I had more energy but I just can't do anything, I get breathless all the time and when I stand for too long I feel really queasy

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 11:44am
tastic- they monitor you at the hospital if you have had a pre term birth last time.. my mw said a person she knew had a pre term birth then a full term so th following time they didn't treat her..

so she is checking but because he came full term in the end (after three sets of AB"s to fight the ureaplasma they probably won't assess me.. but i will make them..if i'm at risk i want seen...my mw last time just took me to hospital and did three sets of swabs and then gave me AB's after results..

and re the horny thing..nope..:) too scared anyway!

aliasmum- yeah me too(the potato and gravy!!)

holstarr- yes i will be getting test first as i said last time wasnt till way later on that it went down ...i had bloods 2-3 x a week for last 10 weeks anyway ..ferrograd C was best for me..

lollies what do you study?

i thought all hard cheese was fine here?

re the runs i seem to get it and definitely not food related cause I've been so careful... think hormonal maybe too?:)

we are looking for a new house and a new car so might not be on much for a while...ugh awful when feeling like poo and looking after 16 month old!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 898>