FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 898>
Author
ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 1:23pm
hey ladies well as my M/W has me at the 1ST of feb going to join you all.
So for us this is baby number#4 for us we have 2 boy's and a girl will deffintly be finding out what bubba is no good at waiting lol.
Oh and for those of you who don't know I am Deborah.

Sponsored Links

jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 1:53pm
Hi ladies,

Just wanted to say congrats from a Feb 09 new mum. Good luck
Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 4:28pm
Hmmm on the cheese subject, I went to Countdown today and another brand didn't mention pasturised milk either so maybe its just an info thing - perhaps some brands assume "milk" is enough and don't need to mention its pasturised. I can tell I'm going to be paranoid about these things, I'm such a worrier!!
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 4:42pm
Hey welcome Amanda

Well I am now convinced that I am pregnant - MS has kicked in already I have the full on saliva mouth and waves of nausea    Never had it last time and was hoping I would get away with not having it this time too - but obviously this baby had different ideas.

Yesterday was af due day and I took another HPT this morning and it was another BFP so once the Dr confirms the pregnancy on Tuesday I will stop temping - which is scary in itself.

I hadn't even thought about cheese being off the menu - other than soft cheeses of course, might have to do some more reading about this.

Angel March 2011
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 5:10pm
Anyone else absolutely exhausted??? Actually I think a coupe of people have mentioned it. I went for a nap at 10 to 3 coz I was so wasted and didn't wake up til DP came and got me at quarter to 5! Felt good even though I could've kept sleeping. I've decided I'm gonna start having a laydown when Jake has quiet time. If I'm this tired even when I'm getting early nights my body obviously needs the rest.

My temps are still up around 36.6 so I'm just keeping my FX. It would suck so bad to have to take myself off the list!! DPs got right on board though and its so exciting and I swear it feels like we're so much closer to each other. Yay my blood forms arrived from my midwife so I'll be getting my first test tomorrow to see what my levels are. Hey when would I expect my temps to drop if I am gonna get AF???

Tray I've had those hideous nauseus moments and I'm finding that morningmed spray stuff from naturopharm(?) is awesome! I'm getting onto the whole frozen dinner thing now coz I know its probably gona get worse. We're putting whole meals into the freezer in those foil pie containers you get from the supermarket. Once they're cooked and cool we just plastic wrap them and chuck them into the chest then we can unwrap them and pop the foil tray into the oven.
zcm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zcm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 5:17pm
Thanks Tray Bummer about the MS, I've had a touch of it too this time, never had any with the boys - carbonated drinks are the only thing that make me feel sort of normal with the queasy tummy.    

I think I'm on the home stretch for my assignment - need a break writing though so I'll finish the rest once the boys are in bed. I'm making a gluten free vegetarian lasagne for dinner though thats a part of it, have to take a photo then my family have to rate it LOL that should be interesting with my fussy eaters!

Four eyes, I'm studying naturopathy and herbal medicine Oooh how exciting - a new house AND car! But yes, very tiring as well, hope it all goes well.

Millyz, I'm pretty sure all NZ cheese is fine to eat, its the stuff from overseas thats potentially dodgy.

I'm glad AF didn't turn up NA 1, hope all goes well with your doc too.

Better go and get the roast veges out of the oven and make this lasagne with them!
Mum to two boys and
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 6:31pm
Hehehehehe, my MS has fully kicked in to, I threw up lunch yesterday, I haven't today but have felt pretty close. I didn't have it this bad with my m/c so am taking it as a really good sign

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 6:51pm
Well I just finished dinner and thought that eating had kicked my MS - not so I seem to feel worse when I sit down and rest and I'm so buggered after an afternoon of cleaning, washing then cooking tea I need to rest.

Maybe I should ask the Doc for some anti-nausea meds for when it gets worse.

Angel March 2011
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 7:18pm
The biggest thing I can recommend is keep sipping water! It may not help with the MS (try sucking barley sugars for that incase its to do with blood sugars - thanks Liz ) but it makes things easier to throw up and helps ward off even worse MS that comes with dehydration!!
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 8:29pm
Man, if MS is this bad now I hate to see what it is gunna be like in the next few weeks. I feel so seedy & bloated.
Tray I am also finding it really bad after I eat & I have very little appetite.

I am already doin the water thing & have to pee every half hour coz of it, lol.....might try the barley sugar thing too.

I have heard that sea sickness bands can help????? anyone got any ideas????

Sassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 8:46pm
Must dig out my seasickness bands. Thanks for reminding me Na_#1. I'm with you Tray - feel way seedier in the evenings. Thought I had kept it at bay tonight with dinner but no, it was just waiting to leap out at me when I was getting complacent.
bopmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bopmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 10:25pm
Hey everyone... i'm new to this so thought i would stop in and say hi. We found out on friday that i am about 5 weeks, due around the 17 Feb 2010. I wasn't going to join this right now as didn't want to jinks it as i miscarried last year at around 5 - 6 weeks. But this time round i am feeling very different to before - tired, grumpy, sore boobs!!! Morning sickness hasn't started yet but knowing my luck will prob kick in this week - just in time for starting my new job!!!!

Edited by Lisette
bopmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bopmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 10:28pm
Hey everyone... i'm new to this so thought i would stop in and say hi. We found out on friday that i am about 5 weeks, due around the 17 Feb 2010. I wasn't going to join this right now as didn't want to jinks it as i miscarried last year at around 5 - 6 weeks. But this time round i am feeling very different to before - tired, grumpy, sore boobs!!! Morning sickness hasn't started yet but knowing my luck will prob kick in this week - just in time for starting my new job!!!!

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 10:37pm
Hey Babe, if you want to try sea bands, i've got mine here somewhere. I wore them for about 5 weeks in the end, had them on constantly cause I was too scared to take them off.

Feel for you ladies with m/s mine was hideous with Cooper.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 6:37am
oh i must find my sea bands....welcome lisette..i was like that too after my mc's ... but feel different this time too..welcome!:)

between the grumpy Dh and the feeling sick or sore every 5 mins it's going to be a long 12 weeks(last time it stopped at 9 though so hoping for that:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Alanismum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alanismum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 8:09am
Morning ladies.
I had a lousy weekend. Terrible headaches and feeling sick all the time. I used to get migraines and was hoping they would stop during pregnancy but didn't with my first one. Any tips regarding pain medication? I think the only thing is Panedol which is really useless with migraines.
Welcome Lisette. I am with you. Miscarried in March and wasn't going to join the forum early but still did in the end. It's just such great support you get here.

Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 8:10am
Welcome Lisette! There are a few of us the same as you (previous m/c) so we know how you feel! I think it helps to share these things which is why this forum is so great. I'm sure my DH doesn't want to hear about my fears about m/c again, preg symptoms, cramps etc all the time so its nice to be able to come in here and share with people who understand. Makes me feel a little less stressed.

So leading on from that, I'm kinda freaking out a little bit. Apart from sore boobs and ocassional cramps I practically have no symptoms yet. I know I shouldn't complain but it does worry me as its similar to last time. Going for my second set of bloods on Wednesday so hopefully that will show that everything is progressing as it should.

Its so hard not to worry!!
Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 8:14am

1 Feb     Limochick - Alicia - 28, Hamilton - Finding out sex!
1 Feb     Sass - Clare - 23, Wellington - Finding out sex!
1 Feb     Lollies - Amanda -28-Auckland - Dates To Be Confirmed-Finding out sex!
2 Feb     Tastic - Trish - 28, Christchurch - Finding out sex!
2 Feb     em26 - Emma - 27, Auckland - Finding out sex!
10 Feb   Four_Eyes - KA - 32, Christchurch - Hoping DH changes his mind about finding out sex!
10 Feb   Alanismum - Finding out sex!
14 Feb   Millyz - Amanda- 32, Wellington - Undecided!
14 Feb   Kats1 - 29, Probably finding out sex!
17 Feb   Lisette, Tauranga
18 Feb   Tauris75 - Tray - 34, Napier - Finding out sex!
19 Feb   Na_#1 - Danelle - 27, Auckland - Finding out sex!
22 Feb   Babe - Bridie - 24, Shannon - Finding out sex!

Just bringing the list forward and adding you in Lisette (hope that's ok!). Feel free to add any extra detail if you would like to.
Alanismum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alanismum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Millyz Millyz wrote:

1 Feb     Limochick - Alicia - 28, Hamilton - Finding out sex!
1 Feb     Sass - Clare - 23, Wellington - Finding out sex!
1 Feb     Lollies - Amanda -28-Auckland - Dates To Be Confirmed-Finding out sex!
2 Feb     Tastic - Trish - 28, Christchurch - Finding out sex!
2 Feb     em26 - Emma - 27, Auckland - Finding out sex!
10 Feb   Four_Eyes - KA - 32, Christchurch - Hoping DH changes his mind about finding out sex!
10 Feb   Alanismum - 40, Wellington - Finding out sex!
14 Feb   Millyz - Amanda- 32, Wellington - Undecided!
14 Feb   Kats1 - 29, Probably finding out sex!
17 Feb   Lisette, Tauranga
18 Feb   Tauris75 - Tray - 34, Napier - Finding out sex!
19 Feb   Na_#1 - Danelle - 27, Auckland - Finding out sex!
22 Feb   Babe - Bridie - 24, Shannon - Finding out sex!

Just added a couple more details about myself.

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 8:35am
I'm going for my first set of bloods today. Can they tell from that if its looking good??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 898>