FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 533>
Author
Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 8:41pm

Thanks Bunny. Wanted to get the confirmation first as paranoid and so early.   We will not be finding out, much to DH disgust. I can't trust him to keep it a secret if he found out and I didn't. lol

Sponsored Links

KiwiWonder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiWonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 8:49pm
Bunny, my midwife knew before my husband did - rang her nearly straight away, waited til DH got home to tell him

That said, I'm having minor issues.... my MW, whom I LOVE, is likely going to be on holiday in April and has said she's fine to take me on on that understanding, that I will very likely have her backup for the birth.... or I'm free to find someone else. So right now I'm putting feelers out for other MWs but so far the only one who's gotten back to me is also on holiday in April!
Margo
Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 9:14pm
That's a bugger Margo - I hope you manage to find another MW who you love as well. Have you met her backup? Maybe she might be great as well and you could stay with your MW. Last time I was pregnant if I hadn't lost the bubs I was going to meet my MW's backup for those just in case times.   Thanks tho for your reply, you have helped me decide and definitely tomorrow I will be contacting my MW, my teenage daughter told me off because I hadn't contacted the professionals yet - she is so funny, it was 'jez mum aren't you going by luck here - don't you need a blood test or something'
Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 9:59pm

When I went to the GP last week she recommended a few midwives and said I should call ASAP as the good ones always get booked up quickly. I can't phone around from work so am trying to figure out when I can get home during the week to sort it out. If the 2 that the doc suggested aren't available, have no idea where to start. The doc did say to make sure that whoever I go with should have a nursing background as she has worked with some that don't and has been horrified at some of the things they came out with. So many decisions to make

Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 6:46pm
Hi Rovic, I think most mw wouldn't mind being called in the evening - as they probably understand that newly pg women would find it difficult to call from work etc. If they aren't available maybe give the hospital a call and they should be able to give you some contacts, another place to look is online try this link

http://www.everybody.co.nz/Finda.aspx?mode=M&q=y&sx=-1&c=Hamilton&sub=-1&pn=&fn=&ln=

Hopefully that should help - good luck and let us know how you get on
Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 7:00pm

EDD ?? April
#1 ItchyFeet - Its going to be a SURPRISE!

EDD 02nd April
#1 KatzWtgn 33, Wellington - Its going to be a SURPRISE!

EDD 05th April
#3 Bunny (Jo) 39, Nelson - Will definitely find out
#3 KiwiWonder (Margo) 26, Auckland - Not sure if we'll find out
#2 cealz (Celia) 25, Christchurch – will you find out?

EDD 07th April
#1 Bee2010, Katikati - Will definitely find out

EDD 10th April
#1 Rovic 34, Hamilton - Its going to be a SURPRISE!

ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 7:25pm
Hiya

Just got a positive this afternoon, little bubs is due the 15th April. so excited very early days shouldn't have tested till tomorrow but have thought I was for the last week or so. Craving milk, weird dreams and then my boobs felt like when I was breastfeeding ds so wasn't all that surprised. DH surprised me by coming home early so I gave him a bigger surprise as hadn't said anything about feeling pg as I think he was starting to think I was a bit mad. Ds is 2 and we will be leaving this one as a surprise. Think I will contact MW tomorrow as she usually fills up really fast. Oh I am 32 in a couple of weeks and DH is 30 We are in wellington

congratulations to everyone

shelly
mwmia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwmia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 7:30pm
Hi Mummies to be! I am very new at all this and used the posts as a great resource to finding out more about my situation!!!

Finally after 17months trying I am pregnant. I am only 4 weeks but I am celebrating this as it is more than I have ever had and soooooooo happy!!

I think im due around April 10th 2010!! An Easter baby- haha!

Maria
mwmia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwmia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by ShellyBR ShellyBR wrote:

Hiya

Think I will contact MW tomorrow as she usually fills up really fast.
Shelly

Really- this early? I wouldn;t know where to begin- I am in Hamilton.
Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 8:06pm

Welcome ShellyBR and mwmia1   ! Congratulations  on your great news! We are slowly increasing in numbers which is really exciting. mwmia1 I am also in Hamilton and due on 10th April! I went to the doc on Friday and she said to get in quickly to find a MW. Check out Bunny's post above, it has a link to Hamilton MW page on Finda - Thanks Bunny . Have checked this out and will be ringing a few tomorrow. I came home to do this today but our flatmate was home . mwmia1 there are also a few posts somewhere in OB where people have recommended Hamilton MW so do a search on this for more info. Good luck

Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 8:07pm
Goodie goodie more April mummies

Congrats & Welcome ShellyRB & mwmia1 - it's so cool that our little list is growing

I have the most horrible heartburn and I don't know if it's from dinner or a symptom - ohh its awful!!

I texted my MW today asking her to give me a call this evening - I haven't heard anything yet and I'm ready to go to sleep now (what a nana aye) I am guessing she must be really busy. Hopefully she still has room for me at beg of April
Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 8:18pm

EDD ?? April
#1 ItchyFeet - Its going to be a SURPRISE!

EDD 02nd April
#1 KatzWtgn 33, Wellington - Its going to be a SURPRISE!

EDD 05th April
#3 Bunny (Jo) 39, Nelson - Will definitely find out
#3 KiwiWonder (Margo) 26, Auckland - Not sure if we'll find out
#2 cealz (Celia) 25, Christchurch – will you find out?

EDD 07th April
#1 Bee2010, Katikati - Will definitely find out

EDD 10th April
#1 Rovic 34, Hamilton - Its going to be a SURPRISE!
#1 mwmia1 (Maria), Hamilton - will you find out?

EDD 15th April
#2 ShellyBR (Shelly) 32, Wellington - Its going to be a SURPRISE!

Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 8:27pm

I hate heartburn - Poor you Bunny. Hopefully it will go away when you go to bed. I haven't had it today but I have been so hungry. I wasn't able to get full at lunch time and had such a huge bowl of fruit and yoghurt. Had to go and buy snacks 1 1/2 hours later. Hopefully this won't carry on as I will be a real porker at this rate! Mind you the doc did say that I should eat whatever I wanted to ... I woke up at 4.30 again this morning and wasn't able to get back to sleep. Brain was mush this afternoon. I told my sister that have been waking up early and she asked if I was UTD. I had to bite my tongue and say no as we're not telling them until we can be in the same room to see their faces. It's going to be a hard 4 weeks!

ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 9:01pm
Just testing tickers

KatzWtgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatzWtgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 10:32pm
Bunny, I contacted a group of midwives, but was told they were still sorting out their March babies, and would get back to me in a week or so. So I guess I was a bit early...

I'll give them until next Wed to call me though, and then might ask around for others if they can't do it, as I'm a bit worried about leaving it too long and then finding everyone's booked up.

Apart from tiredness and very heavy breasts (DP is quite impressed at the rapid change), I haven't had any other symptoms yet -- does m/s usually kick in during weeks 6-8? Anyone know?
[IMG]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/rGG7p13.png]
KiwiWonder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiWonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:03pm
My main symptom is still really funny eating patterns. Completely lost my appetite today (no sickness, just no desire for food) which I was thrilled about lol as lack of appetite and fatigue were my main symptoms with the others. Still no fatigue here, but honestly if I don't have that this time around I will have hit jackpot! I'm being really good and taking Elevit from day dot tho, so possible that's helping.

When I had to ring my MW during work hours (mine doesn't do anything but urgent calls after hours) I used to do it on my breaks from my car.... private yet comfy as it's still kind of "my" turf.
Margo
cealz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cealz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 7:13am
Yay I dont feel sick this morning!

Welcome ShellyBR and mwmia1

I really need to ring my midwife. Going to stick with the same one I had last time. It hasnt even been a year since she got rid of me last time!

Katzwtgn - ms usually does kick in around or after week 6. Its so crappy. Im not looking forward to it and i was so sick last time so i know its coming.

Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 8:49pm

I am soooo tired! Today is the first time that the tiredness has really kicked in. I am so looking forward to the weekend so I can sleep all day. My brain was mush by 3pm. I had to force myself to go for a walk after work and could only manage toast for tea.  On the bringt side, I haven't felt nauseous all day . Hope you have all had a good day.

coopersmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coopersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:49am
Hi ladies,

Am really glad to be finally joining a 'due' thread! Yay!

Am new to oh baby, bit about me.. I'm Shannon, live in Hamilton, I'm 24, married to my love who is 30, and we have a wee man Cooper who is 15months on Saturday! We have been trying for while and just when I was starting to get over it, hello!

I think I'm 5 weeks, but am getting a dating scan next week to confirm (packed a sad the last time I had the dreaded and didn't mark the calander, oops!)

April must be the time for MW's to holiday! Mine was going to go, but said she would put it of for me! Sweetheart, I had her with my 1st and we get on really well.

I missed out on MS 1st time round, but it looks like I could possibly have 'midnight sickness'! Have been waking in the middle of the night super queasy!

Congrates and look forward to getting to know everyone!
ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 1:31pm
Hi Guys

Have booked in with my midwife this morning she is so lovely it was great to talk to her again. bit worried though have perioded pains at the moment I know I had some with DS but can't remember how bad they were. hopeffully justbaby getting comfy and nothing else. oh and after saying we weren't going to say anything and I was going to tell 1 friend dh told his whole office I am only 4 weeks so hopefully all will be good.

hope everyone is having a nice sunny day

shelly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 533>