FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 533>
Author
Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 2:55pm
Congrats Treen!!! When is your due date?
Sponsored Links

Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 3:29pm
Thanks Bunny! Can someone please add me to the list? I'm not sure how to do it.

EDD 19th April
#1 Treen 32, Auckland – will definitely find out
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 3:33pm
Yay congratulations Treen!!!!!

Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 4:55pm

Yay! Our list is growing! Congrats Treen  .Has been a stunning day. Was out in the arden this morning wondering how I would manage doing all the weeding etc (big garden) when I have a bump. Will be challenging! It was lovely to have DH home last night. I think he needed a bit of space to get his head around this as he came home so excited about bubs. Had eveb been to a baby shop in Wellington and got the most georgous wee monkey for bubs. The first thing we've bought. Well since we found out anyway  lol. And he got a bit teary when I opened it too. He's going to make such a good dad, even tho he doesn't believe me when I say that.

wellsini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellsini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 9:28pm
Oh my an April 10 thread!

I had Tilly on April 8 this year. Enjoy every minute of everything as it all goes too fast girls!!!

Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 9:30pm

EDD ?? April
#1 ItchyFeet - Its going to be a SURPRISE!
#2 coopersmum (Shannon) 24, Hamilton - will you find out?

EDD 02nd April
#1 KatzWtgn 33, Wellington - Its going to be a SURPRISE!

EDD 05th April
#3 Bunny (Jo) 39, Nelson - Will definitely find out
#3 KiwiWonder (Margo) 26, Auckland - Not sure if we'll find out
#2 cealz (Celia) 25, Christchurch – Its going to be a SURPRISE!

EDD 07th April
#1 Bee2010, Katikati - Will definitely find out

EDD 10th April
#1 Rovic 34, Hamilton - Its going to be a SURPRISE!
#1 mwmia1 (Maria), Hamilton - will you find out?

EDD 15th April
#2 ShellyBR (Shelly) 32, Wellington - Its going to be a SURPRISE!

EDD 19th April
#1 Treen 32, Auckland - Will definitely find out
Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 9:32pm
There you go Treen

Our list is certainly getting longer - it's hard to believe we are up to 19th April already!!
Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 2:08pm
Today is awful - I am a teary mess, my DP & DD are fighting really badly, I wish they would just sort it out
bridgetc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 5:34pm
Not sure if I should post yet, still trying to decide if I believe it's happened at last. Been trying for 14 months. Took test yesterday and was def positive! Really don't want to get my hopes up too soon. This is number 1 and I am totally clueless - what's the first step?
Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 6:28pm
Congrats, Bridget! I'd like to know what to do, too. I think you go to the Dr for a blood test and a script for folic acid... this doesn't seem all that necessary to me. Can anyone tell me if it is really that important to go to the Dr or can you leave it till later? I have plenty of folic acid. When is the date you definitely need to go for a scan? And is there anything else they do? I'm clueless, too.
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 6:38pm
Bunny - sorry to hear about your DP & DD fighting......lock them in a room and tell them to not come out til its sorted!!!

Treen and bridgetc - I never went to the doc at all. theres no massive rush on getting bloods etc. I just chose a MW and she wanted to see me around 6 weeks where i got bloods referral form, altho some dont want to see you til after 12 weeks, which i think is a bit hard cos even though 12 weeks is the safe zone, its still nice to be acknowledged that your pregnant etc. but it doesnt hurt to start looking around or asking around for a good MW in your area. If your not sure of your dates (or just want to have a look see at the baby for reassurance like i did) I got a referral from my MW and she just pretended like i wasnt sure of my LMP and I went about 8 weeks for dating and she also gave me referral for 12 weeks.

Treen you have found out early like i did.....i was 8DPOs, which is great on one hand but i didnt even want to say i was pregnant until at least after my AF was due and i made the whole 12 weeks soooooo much longer by testing early....lol

All the best and sending lots of sticky vibes!!!!
bridgetc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 7:30pm
Yay for you Treen! Glad I'm not alone here. If the test is right (still not believing too hard just in case) I am 5 weeks on Tuesday, which I think means I'm due 17 April (will check my calendar at work, I've marked every TOTM this year!) Will make an appointment with my GP for this week, because she's fabulous and take another test before I go just in case. Don't really have any symptoms, apart from feeling really tired, but I put that down to a cold. FIngers crossed then. And thanks for the reply Chick! Anyone know a good MW in the Hutt?
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 8:42pm
*lurker in*

Big hugs Jo!!!!

Hi Bridget, My midwife is Alison Wightman, she is really awesome and works in a group with some other midwifes including Lesley Gummer and Grace Pillay who I have heard great things about as well.

KiwiWonder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiWonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 9:08pm
I still have no real symptoms here.... but am craving salty food, which is odd for me as usually I have a pretty big sweet tooth.   I'm getting ligament pain (like when you get a stitch in your side) too so hoping that's a positive sign.

Still haven't confirmed a MW yet either. The more I think about labour and birth, and go over my past births, the more I want the same MW I had for the last two. *tanty* The idea of meeting someone new and getting to know them and then have them at my birth honestly freaks me out just a bit.

DH also doesn't want me to go for my bloods at the normal place, because his sister works there and he doesn't want his family to know yet I'm not thrilled about that personally as I have difficult veins and seems everyone else turns me into a pincushion before actually finding a workable vein.   
Margo
Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 9:58pm

Welcome bridgetc! Congratulations  . I went to the doctor the day I found out. It was the day AF was due and the doctor was really suprised to see me so early as I shouldn't have known yet . But she was great. Got full antinatal bloods and checked out family history and she also sent me for more bloods a few days later to check hcg was increasing as it should. That was very reassuring. She also suggested a few good midwives, gave me a bounty pack (lots of interesting reading for a first timer like me), script for folic acid as was nearly out and provided lots of reassurance and congratulations. If nothing else, it was lovely to be able to tell someone!

ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 10:52pm
I didnt bother with the doctor this time as #2 and I knew I wanted to go back to my old midwife. It is good to go to the doctor if you don't know what you are going to do regards mf etc as they can give you advice and recommend a good midwife. I was new to the country when I was pregnant with ds and didn't know anyone let alone anyone who had been pregnant and the doctor recommended a fantastic midwife, you need to ring early to get in to the midwifes though they book up really fast.
starting to feel bloated already and I am only 4 weeks!!!!

Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 9:27am
Thanks for all the info, girls! I'm going to leave the Dr appointment for now and I might just get a couple scripts off my herbalist just to double check if HSG is increasing. I think it is, as my HPTs are getting darker by the day.
Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 9:33am
One thing I was going to ask was about coffee. I read somewhere that you have to avoid decaf as well because of all the chemicals they use to decaffeinate it. But then I got to thinking about organic decaffeinated coffee. Would that be alright? And I also got told by a friend that chai lattes have caffeine in them. Is this true? It's a sweet syrup you add to milk, surely it doesn't have caffeine in it?
ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 10:24am
I am proberly not the one to ask as I have just come back from starbucks!!! but I think the guidelines are if you stick to a max of 2 cups of coffee a day you will be alright. Last time I went completely off coffee from about 5 weeks just couldn't face it or diet coke so i switched to tea. I know tea has caffine but very small amount.

one of the joys of being pregnant is everyone will have an opinion on everything from how big/small you are to weather you are breastfeeding or not. they will also give you a list of things they heard you can't eat/drink and it varies from country to country. your midwife will tell you what to avoid but i always went with if it looked a little dodgy don't eat it. It helped I didn't like most of the things on the list anyway

bridgetc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 11:18am
Thanks for your advice everyone. Treen I've just had a half strength flat white, not sure if I will be able to give them up, but to be honest I didn't really enjoy it. Did another test this morning, just to be sure, was really nervous about walking back into the bathroom to check, but sure enough there were two pretty pink lines, so I'm getting a bit excited now. I've made an appointment with my GP for Thursday afternoon. Will see what she says about coffee, midwives, and I'm sure a huge list of things I'll think of in the next few days. I'm already taking folic acid - is there anything else I should take? Can I keep taking zinc, fish oil?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 533>