FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNow what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
jo1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 4:15pm
My impression was nothing internal including mooncup, and based on lemongirl's experience of infection I reckon play it safe if you can bear the pads. It's strange isn't it - I've used tampons ever since my period started and having the miscarriage brought me into a whole new world of choosing pads and even forming an opinion on which brand like best!

And I'd like to add a hug to the pile. Miscarriage is so common and yet so lonely. And it's so true what everyone is saying: grieve and get back into things at your own pace. There is no other option really, you can't force sadness away.

My husband and I cried together when we buried the baby, which I treasure. We mention the baby every day (it's only been 2 and half weeks - I guess that won't go on forever). I have assured him regularly that I appreciate that we are going through this together, and that I know that just because I am the one who has done all the howling I know he's not less sad than me.
Sponsored Links

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 5:33pm
Ok, I'll stay away from the mooncup just in case.

Havent used pads since I was 14 so its kinda new to me too! Just bought some "super" ones.

This whole experience has been a rollercoaster. I've had a very angry day today. Things like this are a painful reminder of how far away I am from friends and family. No one has thought to phone or text or email to find out if we're okay and the friend I've contacted to visit so I'm not alone has had better things to do all weekend.

Honestly, we've had more sympathy and care from DH's employers and he has only worked there a week and a half.

I guess it shows who your real friends are hey?

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
jo1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 6:19pm
Stink!! It is nice to get support from unexpected places, but not so nice to find it lacking from loved ones. I guess a lot of people don't know what it's like and don't stop to think about it carefully. I used to feel sorry for people if I heard they had miscarried, but certainly didn't consider just how awful it would be until I wanted to get pregnant and then was pregnant myself...
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 7:34pm
Oh Azza, Ive just found your thread    I have been wondering how your getting on...
I MC naturally at 6w3d, I went to the hospital (it was a sat) they did bloods and made me go back on monday for bloods (to make sure tehy were going down) and said they were going to do a scan but by then the bleeding had mostly stopped so didnt bother. They said that we could start TTC again when we felt ready, we didnt have to wait a certain amount of time. I spotted for 3 days after that and then it was all over. I took the Mon off work as I had to go into the hospital, but that was it. I passed "him" on the sunday and we burried him under a kowhai tree at my mums. It was nice to be able to say good bye.
Im so sorry you havnt had that much support, please let me know if I can do anything... Please know that it wasnt your fault, you didnt do anything wrong, and it doesnt mean that there is anything wrong with you.
If you have started to MC naturally, then there will prob be no need for a D and C. If you bleed for longer than a week or was it two, or there is an infection then you might need to get checked out (which doesnt usually happen)
Also try and let yourself do what you need to do, I found that I was relatively ok until about a month had passed then I was a complete mess (and thats ok too), I cried at anything and everything, and all I could think about was how I would have been so many weeks by now, and had my first scan and everything.
I hope you are holding up as ok as you can be, my thoughts are with you and your DH....

+1 May 09 Angel
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 7:53pm
Oh hun you should have pm me, I would come by in a heartbeat!

If you want a shoulder just let me know, I am quite sad and usually home twiddling my thumbs.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 9:04pm
ugh to your friends....some of mine were great..some...well were not..kept saying useless crap like 'everything happens for a reason' I was angry for a long time too..totally normal but hard:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 10:20pm
Yeah, I've heard that "everything happens for a reason" line, and its close cousin "what is meant to be, will be".

Not very comforting.

Thank you Emmi and Melnel and everyone else... its odd not having met anyone here how much comfort I am getting from speaking to people who've been through it before.

Mel you and I need to have a coffee, I haven't been on this forum long but whenever I've had a drama you've always been there with support and advice. You're an absolute star.

I'm still not sure if I'll go to work tomorrow, I'll probably only decide when I wake up.

Anyone know how long the bleeding and cramping lasts usually with a natural miscarriage? It disappeared during the day (just a small amount of blood) and now I'm back to awful cramps and lots of blood again.

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 10:25pm
p.s... it was my shift at the toy library sat morning, so when I started bleeding I called the main contact there and said I couldnt make it and explained why.

She says to me "can you call the other committee members and ask if one of them can cover for you"

So I say "you want me to call the rest of the members and ask someone to cover for me while I miscarry?"

There's silence and then she says "ok, dont worry, I'll do it"

I was gobsmacked. Sure, I'll stand here bleeding and phone 15 women I don't know to explain why I need one of them to cover my shift at late notice

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 6:56am
That sucks, some people just don't think do they?

My bleeding was much the same as a normal period, my GP told me it shouldn't get much worse than that either and if it did to go and see him, so I would keep an eye on what is happening and if you think it's still a lot go along to the doc or ask the mw for advice.

My SIL said "well you can also try again" whilst I was still miscarrying, not cool, I wouldn't have minded but she was 10 weeks pregnant herself so you would think she would have been more empathetic

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 8:28am
omg some people I just cant understand how pathetic they are:(

for me the bleeding started 6am new years day and was still going when i had the scan on the 5th jan but tapered off after that. I had no cramps at all.
Mum to two amazing boys!
lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 8:41am
Aside from a hemorrhage (heavy bleeding) the only other risk to watch out for is if you have an incomplete miscarriage. If the bleeding that doesn't start to taper off after a week, you have ongoing cramping or a high temperature get it checked out. My infection was picked up because I went very pale about a week after my D&C and but retained product was picked up a week and a half after that.

I hope haven't scared you, it's more than likely that you'll pass everything and not have any major problems.

*Hugs*
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 9:02am
and as a general rule the earlier you are the more likely you will have a complete mc.
Mum to two amazing boys!
MB1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MB1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 6:40pm
Hi Azza,
Hope things are settling down for you.
I miscarried naturally over the weekend (well Fri and Sat) - I would have been 15 weeks but bub was only 7 weeks - I had two lots of two hours worth of very intense cramps and bleeding etc (similar to last stage of labour) and then just regular period bleeding since then with no cramps. Went and had saw epac midwife at hosp today and had scan - showed one more 5cm bit left but not adhered so pretty sure I'll pass it ok. Have been given prophalactic antibiotics (mostly cause started spotting over 4 weeks ago and they're paranoid cause i've "left it so long to happen naturally"). Have another scan in 10 days to double check. Midwife said will probably keep bleeding like period for another 5 days or so and then taper off to spotting.
Hope that's of some use to you - and grrrrr to your workmates - so unhelpful!! I really do think people just don't know what to say -personally I'd rather they said, "oh hell, I don't know what to say" than all these platitudes and "oh well, you can try again soon".... etc etc ...
Oh and I agree - this forum is the best support group ever!!

MaryBeth
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 6:45pm
Just spoke with my midwife, my HCG levels havent dropped any further so she thinks the placenta has not come away yet and she is concerned about how long I've had heavy bleeding. She wants me to go to Northshore hospital if still bleeding tomorrow

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 6:48pm
Oh Azza, that sucks I hope it has stopped and your HCG drops soon. Big hugs hun!

+1 May 09 Angel
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 7:39pm
Just replied to your PM hun. Yes we should totally have coffee I have included my cell if you need anything just let me know.

The ladies here are wonderful, I had the same support you are getting right now and I dont how I would have coped without it. Especially the lovely KA (aka four_eyes) who held my hand (virtually) when I started to fall apart.

Big cyber hugs.

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 7:44pm
Azza huge huge hugs hun, as if its not enough going through a m/c to get complications is just cruel have been thinking of you and hope everything works itself out soon. So sorry hun!

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 8:02pm
Sorry about your hcg levels, how stressful for you, I found it bad enough miscarrying without any additional complications.

Yeah I think when you have had m/c the best someone can say is "sorry for your loss" but then before I had one I probably would have gone and said something stupid too cos you really don't get it until you have had one yourself.

My mum, bless her, was one of the worst, she thought she was being helpful but she really really wasn't.

SammyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SammyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by AzzaNZ AzzaNZ wrote:

Things like this are a painful reminder of how far away I am from friends and family. No one has thought to phone or text or email to find out if we're okay and the friend I've contacted to visit so I'm not alone has had better things to do all weekend.

Azza, WE'RE here for you! Please, please PM me if you want to chat- you made me feel so much better with your PM and I really hope you're doing ok!!! Huge hugs coming your way!!!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 9:22pm
aw thanks melnel...i just think it's important to offer support when we are able cause i didn't get hardly any(1st time) and felt lonely and alone :(

hugs and thoughts with you Azza!
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>