FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183184185 188>
Author
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 10:07pm
yes, it's gone quiet

Sponsored Links

Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 8:41am
Come join us in July if you are lonely!!
jessiesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessiesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 8:25pm
Thanks Sally! Is it just because it's Christmas?? I have to say I'm so busy at the moment that when I have a quiet moment there's about 10 things I could be doing.. very tempting to try and do them all at once and then get nothing done. We finally put our tree up yesterday and are almost done with shopping. What are all the other babies getting? We've just got bath toys, chewy toys, books and things for Alex. And older siblings? We're trying to decide what to get for Miss 3... maybe a scooter??
Goodness it is so hot tonight, reminds of those sweltering evenings back in Feb with my big tummy

DD 2007, Angel Baby 2009, DS 2010
aydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:34am
Hello, I'm still here just have been busy and out and about lots more. Can't believe it's nearly Xmas and our bubs are coming up to or already 6 months!

We're doing well, have bubs who's loving rolling and blowing raspberries and not far off starting solids.   We're looking forward to our first Xmas and so far there are clothes and a magic ball under the tree!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the lovely weather.
Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 3:40pm
Hello June mummies

Sorry haven't been on for a while.

Layne is doing really well, he is just gorgeous!
He is now sleeping from 7pm-7am, although this morning he was really nice and let me sleep till 8 He is also sleeping so well during the day, he has 2.5-3hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon.
He has 250ml of formula 3 times a day and solids as well...I honestly can not get over how much he eats!!! The other morning he has his formula then two bowls of muesli mixed with pear and formula and then had a piece toast!
He was weighed on the 2nd Dec (6 months) and weighed in at 8.8kg. Get weighed again on Tuesday.

Hes such a happy little boy. He sits up so well, has been sitting properly for about 5 weeks and he will roll from his back to his belly but has decided that hes not going to roll right over yet...stubborn little boy lol.He did drag himself forward the other day though did it twice and then decided to go backwards and turn a complete 360. I could spend all day watching his little smiles and movements

On a personal note, I have been a little down lately...think thats why I have been absent in here. I'm not 100% sure why though. I found that giving up breastfeeding was the right decision for myself and for Layne and I was fine for a month or so. But after that I felt envious of those who have managed with no problems or still have supply etc, I guess I missed that personal time with Layne. But when I was breastfeeding I never enjoyed it, never had a feed where it wasn't uncomfortable. I guess when I was pregnant I thought making a goal of 6 months of breast feeding at least was a realistic goal.

I get lonely as well, I live literally in the middle of nowhere down 3 gravel roads on what was once forestry, so I never expect people to visit and I don't know anyone in Taupo so I find I only get out of the house for groceries etc. And I have decided that I will not be going back to work so I feel like my workmates, that have been my family and good friends for 6 years are no longer around. I use to see them everyday and always have adult conversation.
This all probably sounds stupid, i didn't think I would feel like this.
I wouldn't change anything though. Layne is the most precious and beautiful little boy and he makes everything so much better and perfect.

Sorry about the rediculously long post. Its just so nice to find the motivation to be back on here and get everything off my chest good and bad.

Hope your move goes well this weekend Bex and that your house is all set up by christmas

And wow I can not believe how fast this year has gone!

Jessiesmum-We've just got Layne a trolly of wooden blocks from the wooden toy box and the trolly can be used as a walker for later on. I must get Layne some bath toys though, bet he would love them!

Hope everyone is sorted for christmas. I just have to sort what food I am making and then I will be done.

Hope everyone is well!
xx

______

Angel Baby May 2009
dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:51am
Hi all,

Gia is doing great during the day we flip flop all over the lounge and have just started getting on her knees so hopefully crawling will happen soon she is really good at sitting and sits and plays with her toys for ages.

Nights on the other hand are not so good she can not self settle with out me at all so i am getting up every 2 hours so we are going to try sleep training from boxing day using VR method as I need more sleep feel like running on empty at the moment.

I am also going to go get my hair chopped off this avo I have long hair and am sick of having a ponytail all the time,

Biddy hope you feel better have you tried joining a coffee group thru plunket to met other people or take Layne to activities where you can met other mums like swimming or mainly music.

Hope everyone has a great xmas

xx
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 11:18pm
Hi Mummies!

Liz, hugs to you, that must be really hard. I wish we lived closer, Koby and I would visit you!!
Like Daena says, do you have plunket coffee groups or Mainly Music? It is very hard being isolated and being a first time mummy. Great sleeping Layne! And the wooden blocks idea sounds great.

Hi Andrea!
Scooters are AWESOME! Joel loves his, he has worn it out and needs a new one now. It lasted about 3 years though so can't complain. It is very hot lately at night, too muggy. The kids don't want to sleep at night... argh!

Hi Aydee!
What is a magic ball? Good to hear how well Ashley is doing!

Daena, omg, all of your hair gone? That sounds wonderful although won't that be different for you?
Go the crawler, Koby is at that stage too :)

Well, we have just moved house. We finally have 4 bedrooms, our room finally is OUR room, and Koby has slept every night all the way through now he by himself.
The boys have a nice big back yard for playing, and we will have my family over for Christmas Eve bbq which will be nice!

Koby was chosen to be one of 3 babies photographed for the Eco Store Baby Range, so we can't wait to see his pics on the products when they are released, I think it would be early next year. He had so much fun at his photo shoot! I was so proud.

Joel has a new baby sister, so he is looking forward to meeting her boxing day. and Luke and Zavier have learnt to talk in HUGE sentences and are little know it alls lately. So it's all fun and games in our house.

Hope you are all well. I'm so excited about this being Koby's first Christmas!

jessiesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessiesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 8:49am
Bext - that's awesome about Koby being an Ecostore baby. Their products are lovely! I can't wait to see him on them.
Good to hear the scooter has been a hit.

Well Christmas Eve already - my favourite day of the year and Jessie is on cloud 9.

Have a great day tomorrow everbody. Baby's first Christmas is such a special day!

DD 2007, Angel Baby 2009, DS 2010
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:23pm
I know, it's pretty cool

Can't wait for Christmas day, every thing is ready, just had the family over for the close family dinner, tomorrow is extended family lunch. So nice to just relax!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas day!!

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:17pm
omg Koby is nearly crawling, where did my baby go??

aydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 3:34pm
Hey Bex - a magic ball is one of those 'educational toys' made of round bits of wood and held together by elastic for them to pull and chew and stretch, it's really cool. From BabyFactory.

Wow - Koby crawling nearly.. I am horrifed that Ashley is not far away too.. it's scary!!!!

Biddy - sorry to hear you've been feeling low and hoping that you are feeling a bit better with Christmas and festivities etc. I can empathise with the breastfeeding, I felt like a complete failure and then got super depressed when I had to give up when Ashley was about 2 months, thankfully it passed after a few weeks but it was the hardest time of my life and I still get sad about it. I hope you are feeling a little better and if not then I'm sure that you will soon. It certainly helps to get out as much as you can and I found talking to people who have had similar experiences helps too.

Hope everyone had a great Xmas and little ones got spoilt

Edited by aydee
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:15am
that sounds like something Koby needs Aydee

Happy New Year Mummies! How was your tiny one's first christmas? Koby got a few things, not too much though. I think the twins got more than anybody!

We stuck round home for New Years too, DP was asleep by 11pm which is rare for him!

Well, Koby is now crawling all over the place, he has a love of going for cords though so we will need to baby proof again (feels like we have just rolled on from the twins to Koby) He has also worked out how to sit up by himself, so another plus! He loves to sit and play with the drums that were the boys.

DzinerGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:40pm
Hello all,

I haven't been on here for aaaages - sorry! I have been on FB seeing everyones pics and updates though. I hope everyone and their bubs are doing well

I can't believe we're at the 7 month mark and fast approaching 8 months! Far out

Noah is almost at the crawling stage but not yet thank goodness, hopefully not till after the tree goes down this weekend (yeah slack aren't we ) He is rocking on his hands and knees and can move his arms forward a bit but then his legs shoot out from under him LOL

Sleepwise - things suck!!! He is a terror to get to sleep during the day (for me anyway, goes down fine for his grandmas ) AND at night. He's waking up 2-3 times a night now 11/12, 2/3 and 4/5. At least 1 of those times he is genuinely hungry though so that's fine but I don't know what is causing the other times although he is still in the gentle motions bassinet as we haven't been able to afford a mattress for his cot, we still can't but we are going to put it onto the already horrible CC bill ) BUT I think it the movement of the bassinet might be giving him a fright now seeing as he moves so much in his sleep. I guess we'll see in the weekend.

We went camping and it was awesome to see Noah experience the beach and ocean etc but the whole sleep thing stressed me out and I came to hate nighttime..still do! Anyone else attempt camping?

Did anyone elses families go nuts with presents for the bubs? DH's parents went crazy and we now have toys coming out our ears! I'll upload a pic of the Xmas tree - seriously the presents (not just from them and not all of them were for Noah but pretty close!) took up 1/2 the floor space

Question - how much food is everyone's little ones eating now?

It is sooo muggy today!
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:56pm
Hey Cheryl!

It is awfully muggy

Hear you on the night waking, Koby has started waking too, it means I wake up and feed him and fall asleep on my side, and have had mega arm/shoulder pain all week

Go you camping, I would love to do stuff like that, but just not possible with our boys at the ages they are at, too hard to look after - they would want to run off on their own.

Parent's love to spoil their first grand child!!

dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:51am
We went camping as well sort of we where in a caravan it is so much fun watching Gia play with sand and water she is such a water baby.

Gia was a shocker from about 4 1/2 mths waking every 1-2 hours she would feed for about 10mins then fall back to sleep on me I tried the no cry which just made her scream as you are suppose to stand there shh shh and patt but not pick her up was at my witts end before xmas so contacted the sleep store and changed to the VR thing and it worked a lot less crying then using the no cry solution and she is sleeping through the night most nights still a shocking daytime sleep and catnaps but I am so glad to get some more sleep.

http://www.thesleepstore.co.nz/Sleep+Information/Babies+4+to+12+months/The+Verbal+Reassurance+Technique+for+self+settling.html

Gia got far to many presents as well had to buy a toy chest to keep them in but it is fun playing with them all.

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:32pm
Sounds relaxing getting away Daena!

I would love to go on holiday, can't see it happening anytime soon though!

Koby is loving solids, he just had a meltdown at me cause he ate all the can, seemed to love a new flavour. Also using his fresh food feeder, bananas are a huge hit.

We've been taking Koby swimming a bit in the school pool, he really loves it, and this year the twins are loving it too. Makes up for last summer when they sooked everytime we went in the water

Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:23pm
Afternoon mummies!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

I have some news that I want to get off my chest, but don't feel ready to join another thread just yet.
It looks as though Ben and I are expecting again! I did a HPT on Thursday morning and it was positive, was kind of a shock even though we were planning we only tried twice last month lol so I expected a negative but thought I would test anyway instead of waiting round for AF.
We then went to the doctor, who was an absolute ass! and he brushed me off and told me to re-test in a week and then he would just have to assume I was pregnant! That was after he asked me why I had done a test in the first place, as though I don't have a right to do it. .
So when I got home I did another one that too was positive and did another one this morning and again positive. I am happy and excited but incredibly paranoid as I have NO pregnancy symptoms at all this time round and just feel I need it confirmed by a doctor.

Sorry about the vent, I can't talk to anyone else as we will wait until 12 weeks to tell family and friends again.

I am feeling better since last time I was on here, Thank you :). With xmas and new years DH has been home alot more and we are taking a week off in Feb, but not sure where we are going....just far away from the farm!

Hugs to you Cheryl and Bex on the night waking!
Glad Gia is now sleeping for you Daena!

I can't believe how fast the last 7 months have gone. And go Koby on crawling! Layne isn't far off but just wont move his arms, will rock and hop around and move his legs. I want him to crawl but I don't at the same time lol.

Ohhh camping sounds like fun! Definitely something i would love to do with our family.

Bex, Layne is the same with his food, his dinner consists of his formula followed by a can of food and a jar of custard and he gets upset at breakfast when hes finished his muesli. I am always paraniod that I will feed his too much but hes happy and he wants it. DH now puts a little on his high chair tray and he plays with it while DH feeds him, that way he doesn't hold onto the bowel with both hands.

Must go.

Hope you are all enjoying the weather!

x

______

Angel Baby May 2009
nannyabbey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannyabbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 6:49pm
Hi Ladies!

its the countdown to going back to work in our house. boohoo. Well, my 'job' isn't really a job as in sitting in an office......i went back to my nanny job which is great but it is out of the house three days a week and two other children! I've certainly loved not having to be anywhere or having to o anything!! oh well, the bank balance appreciates it!!

Ollie is doing the rocking thing too. and chopping his way thru food! but bugger - feed him a couple cans because it was easier at the time and now he turns his nose up at my food. grrr! so doing a half and half mix at them moment and he seems to do okay.

So bloomin hot!! deff been spending time in the pool over the last couple of days to keep cool.

Congrates Biddy! i'd say you probably are pregnant! you are more likely to get a false negative than a false positive. Make the most of 'not' feeling pregnant just incase!! te he.

And happy new year everyone! we were tucked up in bed by about 10.30pm! i've never really been a new years party person so meh. But i forget (just like i do every year) how noisy midnight is with all the fireworks that go off!!! And two of my sister in laws were partying hard in New York so i'm sure they would have made up for us old farts!!

oh well...mother in law is here so better go and be nice.........snore.
dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 4:31pm
Congrats Biddy - I would say you are pg have you tried ringing your midwife. a big about your doc what a pig. How exciting our first second baby when will you be due?
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:59pm
Woohoo Liz. that is super exciting news, I am so happy for you. Wonder if the not feeling preg is because you are so busy with Layne, you don't have time to?

That doctor sounds like a d!ck!! Hope he's not your usual doc!
Sounds like Koby - re crawling, he was doing the rocking thing until he worked it out. So funny to watch. He used to get mad and cry.

Abbey, how was your first day back?
Daena we are thinking of going swimming maybe next Thursday? or the following. does that work for you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183184185 188>