FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 188>
Author
Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:44pm
Hehe Thanks! Quite excited!
Daena I am due the 15th September so Layne will be 15 months old :)
I want to have the same midwife I had with Layne but she is away on holiday until the start of feb so I will just wait. Hows your beautiful little girl doing? Oh and where did you get your toy chest from? Ben keeps telling me he will build one but I am yet to see any progress.
Bex- Maybe that could be the reason I don't feel pregnant, I remember I felt so horrible with the nausea when pregnant with Layne that I told Ben I was never having another baby! lol
saw my normal and NICE doctor today and all confirmed, bloods taken and even an early scan booked! I didn't get one of them with Layne.

Crawling- Layne now flips himself over when he tries to move, and he sounds like what Koby used to do, gets so upset after rocking and moving legs but can't get to what he wants! Bet Koby is all over the place?!
He will still only roll onto his tummy can't get off and is too stubborn to learn I think!
Had to put the safe-t-sleep back onto his bed as he was rolling onto his tummy during his sleep and getting so upset once he woke up. Once hes awake though he can pull the safe-t-sleep apart to get out of!

Layne is a little chatter box, always has been and today he was sitting on me and saying ta ta ta ta ta...I think it was a T and D but am not sure, was so cute though :)

Does anyone have trouble feeding them water? Layne will only drink water out of a pump bottle! Doesn''t matter if its the same water in his sipper cup or his drink bottle! So he either gets drenched or we just give him ice in a mesh feeder. Hes fussy with his formula and because of the heat I get so paraniod about his fluid intake,

How was your first day back at work Bex? (saw it on fb )
and yours Abbey?

______

Angel Baby May 2009
Sponsored Links

DzinerGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:55pm
Ohh congrats Liz! Hope you don't get such bad nausea this time round

Noah is pretty good with his water, drinks out of pump bottle, sipper cup, bottle anything really...his current fave is a cup I got from the TT Tea Talks last year with a straw thing in it.

Is Koby the only crawler or do we have other crawlers out there?

Noah is soo close! But he either puts his arms too far forward or his legs go out from under him. Do they usually start from a sitting position or from their tummies? He moves forward from sitting but his legs get stuck from underneath him so I've been trying to put him on his tummy more and get him to push up on his arms..either way he's not quite there yet..

Another question: What do your bubba's weigh? I weighed Noah and I'm slightly worried as it seems to be such a low weight

actually I'm worrying about a lot of things..(the usual) is he getting enough milk? is he eating enough solids? Should I be giving him more to drink?
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:30pm
that is great about the early scan Liz!!
Yes sounds like what Koby was doing. He is still a hard out tummy sleeper, he sleeps best like that. Funny about Layne pulling his safe t sleep apart!

Cheryl, what does he weight look like on the plunket book chart? if he is growing, then I wouldn't worry. He may just be a smaller child. Koby is just a chubber!

He is starting to try pull himself up already. and is getting mad now cause he wants to play with the twins!!

Jess3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:04am
Wow Biddy - Congratulations!!! A new baby is very exciting, like someone said enjoy not feeling pregnant while you can. I was sweet until about 7 weeks then was miserable until 14 with my little girl.

Can't believe we have crawlers already. Our little one is rolling all over the place atm. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth, but tends to roll places more as its easier.

She has 2 teeth now - that was a bit of a nightmare time - so, so, so clingy. Was a bummer cos we had everyone around for xmas and she wouldn't go to any of them.

Dzinergirl - Jasmine weighs 7.95 kg and is 6 months and a half months, but she is a little budda baby. My midwife told me that the graphs in the well child books are based on formula fed babies, and not to take too much notice of them. It's nice to have some sort of range of where they might be though. Could you ask your plunket nurse? Also, I know what you mean about enough milk/solids/water. We try not to worry about it unless she is unsettled, or behaving out of character.

Jasmine has discovered the cat and is absolutely fascinated by him, she pulls out handfuls of fur and the silly cat keeps coming back for more. She has also discovered squealing, and is driving us around the bend with that! She is still an absolute delight though, and I seriously can't remember life without her!

Hope you are all well and enjoying these summer days
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 4:14pm
*lurker* Well I kind of feel like one cos I don't come in here very much, lol.

OMG Liz!!! Congratulations hun, so exciting!! Caleb loves drinking water (usually prefers it out of my glass), and tends to get it mostly all over him, so I'm not sure how much is actually going in

Caleb is crawling and pushing himself up to sit, he looks so chuffed with himself

Cheryl - Caleb is 7.8kg at 7 mths. I agree with Bex as long as he is growing (sometimes they grow in height rather than weight) and happy and healthy he should be fine. Though it is so hard not to worry! Ollie sat pretty much on or above the 50th percentile all the time so I never worried about him. However Lilia went off the charts so I worried about her all the time (still do - especially when at 2.5yo she was being mistaken for 4 & 5 yos!!). Caleb's growth slowed right down at 1 point and we were on monthly visits so I was worrying about him too! He is now following a different line on the graph (he's halfway between the 15th & 50th percentiles). I tell ya, as a Mum, you'll always have something to worry about

Eek Bex, Koby's trying to stand!!

Edited by mummydee
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
tinkabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinkabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 6:26pm

Happy New Year everyone!  Just a Quick note cos Sam is demanding his dinner, and then we have the whole bath/story/bed thing.....

Super-congrats Biddy on your surprise bubba!  I caught up with some preggers friends over the hols and I was kinda jealous lol!  Second Tri is sooooo nice, I  miss it!  We're gonna wait a while before we start trying, aiming to start about August to have another May/June bubba in 2012.  That's if we have recovered enough from Sam's shenanagins!

Sam is crawling too, super-fast!  He rocked for ages, then one day it just clicked about moving his arms and he was off!  It's so funny, he loves loves loves being able to move, he just potters around the house getting into stuff all day!  He has only been crawling about 2 weeks and he is pulling himself up too, shocker!  We are fast becoming pros at moving things out of his reach!

DzinerGirl - I hear you re: Noah's sleep!  Like Gia, Sam went through a terrible sleeping stage and we did VR from the sleep store, which worked awesome!  He now sleeps fab in the day (1.5 hours at 9am, and 1.5 to 2 hours at 1:30pm).  Nights are hit and miss.  Before Xmas he slept through every night for 2 weeks straight!  But in the holidays he was a complete mare, waking every few hours, or waking at 2am and not going back to sleep until 4am even with rocking / patting / in bed with us / booby / EVERYTHING WE COULD THINK OF!  Now we are home, we are doing VR again to get back on track.  He's got a terrible habit of going off to sleep at 7pm like an angel, then waking after 45 mins - 1 hour and screaming for an hour or so   Hopefully we are back on track soon cos I just feel so stuck!  He is getting his 2nd tooth atm, so is clingy/unsettled and has nasty poos too!

Teething - Sam has a terrible dribble rash and nothing has helped.  It gets worse when a tooth is coming, and takes over half his face!  I've tried Pawpaw, sudocream, bepanthen, aveeno, purelan, etc etc.  Any suggestions?  I'm thinking of going to the Dr and getting something with hydrocortisone, much as I dislike the idea!

Food - Sam is packing away 3 meals and 1 snack a day.  He eats fruit and baby muesli or weetbix for bkfst, and whatever I've made him for lunch and dinner (usually mashed meat and vege dinners) followed by fruit and yog for dessert.  Snacks are finger foods.  He is also still breastfeeding 5 ish times a day, tho I'm working on spacing it out to bring him down to 4 per day, plus dream feed.  He's still tiny tho, only just over 7kg at 8 months old, so whoever it was that was worrying about weight, don't!!  I;m tiny so I figure he's not gonna be a big boy, but his growth is steady and he's bright and happy so no worries here!

Eek, must run!  Tink

jessiesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessiesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 9:28pm
Happy New Year!!

Congratulations Biddy - that's very exciting news. I hope the nausea stays away. I don't think mine kicked in until 6 weeks but every pregnancy is different so hope you are feeling good.

Bex - Koby is a legend! He must be very motivated to catch up to his brothers.

Mummydee - great to have you back

Well, Alex is doing great. He's starting to get a bit tight in his 6-12 mo clothes so I guess he's getting enough to eat but he's not brilliant with solids. I started him a bit earlier than DD but he's taking a lot longer to get up to speed. Some meals he is barely interested but he's a happy chap so not going to worry. He just started to commando crawl.. I think that's what you call it. He looks like a caterpillar creeping along the floor but he's getting so quick. So off to Mitre 10 to get a gate for the ranch slider cos he kept escaping to the garden Not sitting very well, he keeps getting back on his tum to take off.

Night times are better most of the time but we still get some disrupted nights. Thankfully he's still good during the day.. touch wood!

Well must go. It is HOT tonight!

DD 2007, Angel Baby 2009, DS 2010
TC747 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TC747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:21pm
Hi Ladies

Gosh it has been ages since I have been on.

Congrats Biddy on the new pregnancy, hope everything goes smoothly.

We are struggling with solids, Isaac is really not interested, so different to Noah, who couldn't get enough. I think I will have a go at baby led weaning, bit nervous about the mess, though!

Still it is not effecting his weight, seems he is approx. 10kg, which is probably why he isn't crawling as yet, just rolling & doing 360's, so getting around under his own steam. Sleep is not too bad, naps can be a bit hit and miss some days, but nights are generally good (touch wood).

We have been really busy around the house, doing some gardening, tiling, waterblasting, getting the pool spruced up, has been great to have a project.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Tanya - Mum to Noah & Isaac
nannyabbey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannyabbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:57pm
Tink - i've go this ointment called 'wizard ointment' that i've used for all different things from nappy rash to helping heal down there after bubs (kia ora to stitches!) http://www.livingessence.co.nz/index.php?page=search
Its a homeopathic mixture. My boss recently used it for herself and daughter on a rash type thing they both get after eating to much summer fruit and it worked wonders! being an ointment it has barrier action as well. A little goes a long way!

Bubs is growing one of his top teeth at the mo (two bottom have come thru over christmas) and is a bit grumpy/temp/pukey with it. stink!
No crawling her yet. Lots of rocking, especially in his cot because the backboard is good leverage!

Ollie is about 10kg at 6 and a half months! But then he did start off at 9lb 4oz. When i took him to plunket for the 5 month check he was just under 10 and she said if he was any lighter he would be underweight! he's 62cm long! Its all relative!

keep well ladies!
bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:49pm

** Lurker in **

Hey ladies, I'm an Aucklander from the November thread.  We are looking for part time care for our little girl starting in March (flexible) and was wondering if anyone else is looking for something similar.  We are very flexible so if there is someone who:

•  Is also looking for childcare and would consider a nanny share
  • Currently has a nanny and wouldnt mind us joining
  • Is keen to do a homebased child care type thing (like Porse) and have our daughter join you at your place.

PM me if you are interested or email me alyssa012@vodafone.co.nz

** Lurker out **

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:44pm
evening mummys

Liz, any sign of morning sickness yet?
Tink, sorry, not sure what to use for that kind of rash, Koby doesn't get it so bad, if he does we use a balm we got at the chemist, its good, but not sure what the name is?
Waves - Hi Andrea!
I love commando crawlers, we had one twin that did that while the other crawled properly, and one day it just clicked for him.
Hi Tanya, I reckon let him go at the food, the mess shouldn't be too bad, Koby doesn't ever make too much of a mess.
Abbey, that is great Ollie is getting his top teeth, no sign of those ones here yet
Bubalys, Hi, good luck with finding childcare :)
Our boy stays home with Dad, and will go to daycare a bit later on.

So, Koby is standing up all the time, when he is crying in his cot, he is standing up, and getting into everything. He loves going for our food especially. Not sure when his next plunket visit is

Gosh it's hot at night lately! We have just gotten two kittens, so our house is a mad house!!

Talk soon, need to head to bed, work tomorrow

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:46pm
gah, edit because it posted 3 times!

Edited by bext1

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:56pm

Edited by bext1

tinkabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinkabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:24pm

Lol at 3Xposting!  Sam i sinto standing lots too...but sometimes just lets go and falls over!  We are getting a lot of bumped heads!  He likes to stand and chew on things too (eg cot bars, tv console) - grrr!  Like he doesn't have a million chew toys and wooden teethers to chew on!

Thanks for wizard ointment rec, might give it a whirl

Biddy - how did early scan go?  Thinking of you!

Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:12pm
Afternoon!

The weather is horrible but not complaining...rain=grass which=money for us :)

Thats for all the congrats. Still hard to believe in less than 8 months I will have 2 under 2.
No MS yet a little nausea but nothing major just making me feel yuck all the time and constant tiredness. To be honest though the thought of going through labour again is absolutely terrifying and mine was drama free. Maybe its just all a little to fresh and I can remember the pain and bleeding! lol
Tink-my early scan in on the 7th Feb, feels so far away...it also feels like it has taken forever to get to 6 weeks!

Layne still isn't crawling but isn't far away and is putting himself into a sitting position from his tummy. Hes going backwards and is exploring. Hes also trying to pull himself up and slides off us on purpose when we are sitting on a chair just so he can stand. He tries to do to much at once I think. He still doesn't roll completely over just onto his tummy.
I love it when he chats away he sounds so cute! Love his 'dadadadadad' chatter. He is such a happy boy!

We are still battling with his water here, started putting a little glucose in his water just to get some into him. Was a bigger deal this week as he decided to refuse his lunch time bottle and not finishing his dinner time one so has been getting under the mimimum recommended amount of milk/formula.

Tink-my cousin used to chew on his cot so his parents lined it with paprika so he wouldn't do it and it turned out he liked it even more when it was spicey!

Tanya sorry to hear you are struggling with solids!
Hope its improving.

Lol at your lurker comment Daphne!

Jess3- Layne is the same with the cat, he could be getting grumpy and then he sees the cat and is a completely different child! The cat has suddenly found the Layne moves and grabs so he has stopped coming back. Its funny though if I am doing washing or something and layne is starting to cry the cat always comes and finds me.

Must go, have been slack with feeding myself so should go find something for lunch and start dinner.

Hope you all have a lovely evening. I can not believe how fast our babies are growing!

______

Angel Baby May 2009
TC747 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TC747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:26pm
Hi

Good to hear you aren't feeling too bad yet, Biddy.

Fun times with 2 kittens, Bex! We thought about a puppy, but I think I will wait until Isaac is a bit bigger, one baby in the house is enough!

Isaac is now eating (hoorah!) & commando crawling, wow, it is amazing how it all can happen so fast.

Yippee kindy was back today, Noah was into it too.

Tanya - Mum to Noah & Isaac
Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 9:45am
Ohh Tanya I wanted a puppy too! Everyone thought I was crazy as its extra work so DH wouldn't let me get one :)

Yay for eating and crawling! Layne finally moved forward properly this morning, so we now have a crawler

Edited by Biddy

______

Angel Baby May 2009
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 2:45pm
Yay for Isaac eating and crawling!

And go Layne with crawling!

It is crazy how much they learn and in such a short space of time! Caleb has started trying to pull himself up to stand. I try to catch him before he's on his feet and move him away and distract him Though if I'm not fast enough and he manages to get to his feet, he gets a massive grin on his face and I feel mean moving him (so usually don't).

Caleb loves our cat, and after 2 older kids, the cat is fairly tolerant of him! He tries to 'pat her' but she has long, soft fur and he is very tactile so usually ends up closing his hand and pulling her fur He will also find clumps of her fur on the ground and sit there with it in his fist while sucking his thumb, have to say it's pretty adorable
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 9:44pm
Hi All!

Melina and Cheryl, thanks for the pool date, was Awesome!!

Gosh it is hot again at night lately

Koby is eating toast now, he is trying to get into our food all the time. He's just all over the place.

Liz, yay for Layne crawling. Any MS yet?

Hi Daph! haha about the cat 'patting' that's cute!

Can you believe our babies will be ONE soon?!

gone too fast

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by bext1 bext1 wrote:

Can you believe our babies will be ONE soon?!

gone too fast

What?? Nooooo!!!!

*Sigh* that also means almost time to head back to work. Boo!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 188>