FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 188>
Author
dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 3:11pm
I end up in tears everytime I even thing about work so don't know what I am going to do! Gia still will not take a bottle she is so tiny I don't like her not having any milk during the day I don't want to go back full time my mum can look after Gia 2 days a week only so I need to find a part time job.

Gia is so fast at comando crawling she can crawl the normal way but doesn't like it she spends about an 1hour chasing our cat around the room he is so good with her.

Biddy - how are you feeling I can't wait to get PG again but I am waiting until Gia turns 1.

Bex I hear you on the food I had my greek yoghut for breakfast and Gia ate most of it.

Sponsored Links

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 9:09pm
Hey Daena!

A part time job would be ideal if your Mum can look after Gia two days. I know she won't take a bottle, but neither did joel. in the end he took water during the day and BF when i picked him up.
Gotta love commando crawlers! Luke was one too, it was cute.

Daph, yes scary eh and the twins will be 3 just before Koby's birthday

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 2:37pm
Hugs Daena, it's hard to think about eh? I was completely in denial when I went back to work with Ollie and left everything to the last minute (i.e. organising care) I think I was trying to sabotage it, though fortunately (?) it all worked out. It's great that your Mum can help out. Mine looked after my 2 for 2 days a week for a few months and it really strengthened their bond.

Does G use a sippy cup? You could use that to give her milk and completely bypass the bottle. My older 2 were only 5 months when I returned to work so I did use a bottle, but with C I'm just planning on giving him a sippy cup.

I'm putting together a proposal to change to 30 hours a week. 40 hrs with 2 kids was hard, I can't begin to imagine what it would be like with 3 kids and DH & I both working One of my workmates has just gone to 30hrs, and apparently my work is pretty good about flexible/parttime hours for returning parents. Wish me luck!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 8:35pm
just to say we have two more teeth!! woohoo :)

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 10:11pm
Go Koby! How many does he have now? Caleb only has one and it's only just poking through his gum
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 10:36pm
he has the bottom two, and now the two 'fang' teeth, so I'm calling him fang :) He is off to daycare tomorrow for the day too, so hopefully he doesn't use the fangs on any other babies!

LeeBee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 9:50pm
Hi Ladies!
I know I haven't posted here in months - but I have just spent half an hour catching up on all the posts . So great to hear what all the bubbas are up to.
Evie started commando crawling just before Christmas. Now she gets up on her hands and knees and rocks for a bit before dropping her belly and pulling herself around, so I'm not sure if she will ever bother with a 'proper' crawl.

We spent the New Year in USA with hubby's family. Evie was a trooper with the 33 hour travel there, and 26 hours home all without any major meltdowns. She cut her first 2 teeth while we were away and mastered sitting up unaided so it was great that the grandparents got to see some of her 'firsts'.

Funny to read the different reactions some of your cats are having. Mine are not at all amused now that Evie is moving. One cat in particular can get quite nasty, and Evie has a tendancy to back her into a corner, so we have to be extra vigilent to make sure kitty always has an escape route!

Take care all!
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2011 at 11:21am
Waves, Hi LeeBee!!

Go Evie! Sounds like you had a great holiday, and wow about the travel. I would love to think Koby would be that good too, alas we will not be going away anytime soon.

Well, Koby is heading towards walking, we have a stride to ride lion that he walks up and down the lounge using. He LOVES it. He also wants to do everything the twins are doing, this morning they were feeding him cruskits. In the bath, they look like triplets too. Gives me a laugh.

Gosh it is hot lately, really starting to feel it!

Anybody doing round the bays?

jessiesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessiesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2011 at 2:58pm
Wow Bext, Koby is a legend. A is still dragging himself around commando style and getting quicker all the time.

Leebee - I think you're very brave traveling with such a littlie. It took me 2 years to get the courage and maybe it would have been easier if she'd been immobile though.

Well just a quick post. We have bought and sold a house in the last 2 weeks and now it's time to pack up. Wow what a lot of stuff we have after a few years in the same house. Most of it's children stuff I think.

Better get back to it. Happy Valentine's Day!! It's certainly a hot one!!!

DD 2007, Angel Baby 2009, DS 2010
millysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2011 at 8:59pm
hi everyone

it's been months since I last posted too. missing this.

I'm just looking after my mum hard and i'm not sure i'm coping at all. M is my angel and makes me smile everyday so I am so thankful I have her. 'm so happy I don't have to go back to work. I feel for those who do.
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:23pm
Oh M, I can only imagine how incredibly hard it must be for you. Big, big for you hun. And little miss M is such a sweetheart, I'm glad you have some joy in your life too

Do you get some time out for yourself? It must be hard to have to leave your Mum when she is so ill, but you need to look after yourself as well xxx
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 8:32pm
Hey M big hugs hun.

If you fancy a break I am free most days for a walk with the girls or a catch up over coffee just give me an email or text 021 207 6239. Little Miss M is such an angel.

I've decided I am not going back to work full time, work will not let me go part time which I am a pissed at as they have let others so I am currently looking for a job 1 - 2 days a week. Feel so much better.
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2011 at 9:17pm
Hey M!

Hugs to you. You have been so strong, it must be so hard. I am always round on Sundays, Jay goes to sports, so can try load kiddies in a car and go for a walk at Western Springs.

Wave, hi Daph!

Daena, sorry to hear about your job not letting you go back part time. Finding a new job now two days a week though should be good - not too sure what's out there these days.

Today Koby was trying to climb around the boys table, and unbalanced himself cutting up his gum, and his lip and knocking his head. His poor gum bled for a long time, and now we can see one of the front teeth that is yet to cut. I was so upset. He just cried and cried. I have to take him to the dentist so they can xray it, as my brothers gf said it could have killed the root. Poor wee bubba.

Otherwise, he is all go, still trying to get the balance thing going, he's worked out walking whilst holding. scary!!

Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 9:36pm
Evening all!

LeeBee-I hope you and your family are all safe in Chrischurch! Thinking of you, so devastating to watch! Can't comprehend this has happened in NZ!

Melina-Big hugs to you hun, can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for you!

Bex- Poor Koby! That sounds nasty! And wow with him nearly walking.

That sucks that your job wont let you go back part time! Sounding naive, I actually didn't know they could do that. Good luck with your job hunting hun!

Jessiesmum-Hope the move goes/went well.

Layne is now pulling himself to stand and there is no point in using his safe-t-sleep anymore as he either gets out of it or manages to roll over in it and sleep on his belly or attempt to crawl around his cot.
He is also a complete pain to change and dress. It now takes me and DH to change and dress him! He wont stay still at all. We don't bath him much anymore as all he does is try to stand up so showers seem easier now.
Hes also good at throwing temper tantrums already! I think we are in for alot of trouble! He arches his back and throws himself backwards and then cries, hes so independent and stubborn!
But he ofcorse is still so gorgeous!

Baby is good too. We had a dating scan 2 weeks ago and all was perfect and today was our first MW appointment and we heard the FHB at 170bpm so I was so very relieved! We didn't hear Layne's heartbeat that early. We have our NT scan on the 7th March. Can't believe I am going to go through labour again!

______

Angel Baby May 2009
dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 7:56am
Hi All

Leebee and all those in CHCH hope you are safe,it is so sad and shocking you just don't expect this sort of thing to hit our safe little country.

Biddy - good news on the heartbeat don't you just love that sound. Are you feeling better or worse about your labour know that you know what to expect.   Work has to have a real good reason why they will not consider it but I can't be bothered taking it further.

Bex - Poor koby how is his gum/teeth ?

Gia likes to spend her day pulling herself and standing while holding onto a huggies jumbo box seems to be the perfect height for her she just stands there for about 1 hour at a time banging on the box rather cute yesterday we did do a couple of steps while holding on to a trolly thing not sure if I want her to walk she gets into enough trouble

I hear you biddy on the changing thing I have pulled the change table out and strap her in when I am by myself.

I am back on the folic acid this month as we are going to start trying for number 2 in May want to lose a bit of weight first so trying to eat well hopefully I get pg easy like last time.

Edited by dino1
millysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 10:39am
thanks everyone. i get respite nurses from the hospice once a week for 3 hours which helps..

Yay for ttc Daena! and for part time work. what kind of job are you after? i'm excited about our walk on friday!! i want to lose a bit of weight too.

ps changed my profile name lol this is Melina
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 9:58pm
hehe wondered about the name for a tiny second M!!

Yay Liz about the HB, great news

3 hours isn't long though M, i guess the system is pushed though.

My heart breaks about Chch, poor families. And that poor wee baby killed by a tele. awful.

Daena, cute about Gia! maybe she will beat Koby to walk. TOnight he stood unaided for about 10 seconds which was cool

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 9:50pm
bump!!!

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 8:52pm
Any mums that would like to come (if you are not on FB), we are meeting at Butterfly creek next Tuesday at 10.30am. Andrea, hope you can make it

dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 3:14pm
i forgot about this and went on sunday lol it was so much fun we will still come on Tuesday for the older kids the croc show is worth going to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 188>