FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe evil green monster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 5:50pm
edited cos I can't explain myself properly.

Im not saying I wont be happy about my BFP , but that im worried I havent been sensitive in the past

Edited by caitlynsmygirl

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 5:55pm
double post

Edited by caitlynsmygirl

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 6:10pm
Kelly, I think it's sweet that you feel bad, but you don't need to. IF (and it's an if) you made anyone feel bad with the speed at which you got your BFPs, that's their problem, not yours. It's very nice of you to care about how you made them feel, but in reality I think that everyone who feels that way understands that it's their issue, not yours.

At the same time, these kind of feelings are normal and OK. It's good to talk about them, and to pretend that jeaslousy doesn't exist with this TTC stuff would be just ignoring the elephant in the living room. It's no fun to feel envious, and if we can help share what helped us with it, it'll help those who are struggling with it now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 6:19pm
ok , so long as I haven't upset anyone in the past by not being sensitive enough , I would hate that !

I think its good you guys have this thread, sometimes I imagine you just need to vent and offload , I imagine it must be a very frustrating and at times, lonely journey to be on :-(

anna123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 7:30pm
I can definitely relate to this. My hubby and I have been TTC for nearly 5 years now... coming up to our 30th birthdays its definitely getting harder. I haven't felt really jealous to this point although I do understand that. At the moment I still love enjoying others babies and are really happy for them. However... I do get really confused like... how did that happen! I almost feel like there should be some logical system! Like... you have 3 children... so I should have the next one! Or I am older than you and married ... so I should be the one getting pregnant.   Absolutely totally irrational... but my brain keeps going back to that and just get into a confused state. Nature obviously isn't logical or systematica! I think this is an awesome thread because as irrational or crazy it may sound... its how we feel
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 7:35pm
Kelly i read your post before but didnt have time to reply back. i think what hope said is right- its not the person that gets the BFPs problems it the person that feels bad

i think the best thing a person can do when they get a BFP is tell us but if someone doesnt post or reply to it straight away to understand (which i think most people do) We are here to support each other and just asking what you can do shows that you are doing that. In saying all that i hope that i can speak for the TTC ladies in saying that when someone gets their BFP we will support them

oh and kelly you can also be yourself! reading your cheeky posts makes me smile (even if im having a bad day!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 8:07pm
hehe , well im glad for that then !

My friend and her husband are finally gonna start TTC in May (this after they postponed plans because 2 weeks after they married 3 years ago , he told her "btw , Im going back to uni full time, so you will have to be the breadwinner " ) anyway , we are going to start TTC in June ,and I will feel bad if we get pregnant well before her, shes one of those people who is born to be a mummy.
She hasn't started ttc yet but has been desperate for a baby for 3 years, and she says when she hears of people getting pregnant, especially unplanned ,she has a feeling of " why them ? how is that fair "
I get that, I think its completley understandable .

Off to be cheeky now and sh*t stirr in some other threads

before I bugger off tho , please know that I genuinely really really hope all of you get your BFPs, and it saddens me everytime I read of your struggles , and it thrills me everytime I read of another success ..

Baby dust to all !!!!

MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 8:34pm
It's not that I'm not happy for those I know IRL or here on OB because I really am. It's more a "I want my version of what you have and I feel ripped off that I don't" kind of emotion. Jealously is a super yuck feeling and I don't like it when I'm having those days but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one struggling with this particular personal demon.
Brizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:03pm
Hi ladies,

Have just been reading through your posts and I can so totally relate to everything you're saying. I am always so happy for people who get a BFP but along with it comes that nagging 'I wish it was me' feeling.

Then I feel guilty for that. Isn't life strange?!

I just try to remember something I read once which is that there is not an infinite number of babies in the world. Just because someone else is pregnant doesn't mean you're any less likely to have a child (and I pray that is true)
sbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 9:53pm
hey ladies

reading this post has been like reading my own thoughts at times!!!

Im new here (but TTC for 11 months) but am still jealous when I see a BFP posted, happy but jealous.

IRL I have been sooo frustrated with girls I know...my cousin had a whoops baby last year and three other girls I know got their BFPs after less than 3 months... grrr then I heard a girl I work with got her BFP after 18 months TTC and it made me feel better... weird right??

It made me realise that when I see new mums and mums to be IRL that I dont know their story, it may be a miracle after years or a happy accident...

still a bit jealous though...
kelzie_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelzie_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 10:02pm
I know exactly how you mean Sandie. I've found that I've recently been chastising myself for being angry or upset towards people I don't know who have babies or baby bellies. One of the OB girls recommended a book to me and I've bought it and haven't started reading yet as I'm halfway through a book and DH wants to read it, but he's read snippets out to me and it's awesome: 'Conquering Infertility' by Dr Alice Domar.

In other news, I found out that my ex (my first ever boyfriend, a real a$$hole who cheated on me the whole two years we were together - a big deal when you're 16-18!! - who treated me like rubbish) has just had a baby to his girlfriend (who at 38 is 14 years his senior and apparently has two kids back in her home country!) and I am jealous and angry and so upset.

Started TTC Apr 2008
With PCOS and a bicornuate uterus

Our angel babies
Jan 2010 <3
Oct 2010 <3
Apr 2011 <3
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 9:31am
Originally posted by kelzie_rose kelzie_rose wrote:

In other news, I found out that my ex (my first ever boyfriend, a real a$$hole who cheated on me the whole two years we were together - a big deal when you're 16-18!!

A big deal when you're any age under the sun! What a loser!

4monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2010 at 1:44pm
Hi ladies

I can relate to this now too. I am very lucky to have 3 beautiful children, and have been TTC our final installment since Oct 09. I realise that's not as long as some of you, but this is the longest I've ever been on the TTC track. DH and I said when we were starting out that, if we weren't preg by mid-March, then we'd take a break until July. I agreed to that, but I was fully expecting to be UTD by now!! I'm not, sadly, and DH is sticking by the break and all I want is my last baby. I am so envious of the preg people that I see around the place, and I'm even envious of people who are TTC at the moment! I know it will happen, but it won't be for at least another 4 months. And then who knows how long it will take?
Probably worse at the moment as AF turned up on the weekend, shattering my dreams of a 2010 baby.
I really hope you all get your BFPs really soon!
Anja22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anja22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2010 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by __H__ __H__ wrote:

I think the point of my original post has been missed by some. It wasn’t to say that people cant post and enjoy their BFPs or that we didn’t want to hear about them. It was to state how some of us feel and the best ways for us to deal with it. it was posted so I could find support and work through it. as this is a TTC website as well (not just for pregnancy or people with children) I thought that there would have support for us in our journey, as we support others in theirs

Thanks so much for creating this post H. I can relate so much to what you've said. It's nice to have a place where those of us who are TTC and having a hard time with it can admit to being (at times) irrational, p*ssed off and consumed with jealousy, even though we try so hard not to be and feel guilty about it later. I'd rather be honest about it and get it out there rather than pretending we're all fine, which we are so definitely NOT some days!

DH and I have been TTC for over 2 years and have unexplained infertility (ie all tests are completely normal). In the meantime it seems like everyone around me is having babies, sometimes 1st time they try, sometimes without trying at all! I am happy for them but as others have said here, jealous that it's them not me. That's pretty much what it comes down to - it's not about them, it's about me and how I can find ways to deal with this and get support from others in the same boat.

In my most irrational green eyed monster times I feel like starting a thread for people just like me, who have never been UTD, don't even know if they can, are 35+ and have been TTC for at least a year. It does get hard when people complain it's taking too long after only a couple of months, when they already have kids and just want one more. I don't mean to offend anyone in that situation, this is me being irrational and fed up!

So please feel free to rant, vent, be irrational and generally monstrous, you are not evil or crazy for feeling this way. Please know you have my support and understanding
MerlinFluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinFluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2010 at 10:32am
I can relate too even though I've finally got my BFP (tries not to bounce but fails miserably). It took me 16 months of TTC and even had a 4 week late AF and was sure I was PG. Never showed on the POAS so don't know what happened there.

Anyhoo, during my ttc my brother had a whoops PG then my DF's brother had a PG, one of my friends got PG by mistake and got an abortion and then another friend got PG (tho they had been trying for 4 yrs!! very happy for them even tho I was green eyed!).

It felt like the world was conspiring against me and I finally gave up ttc 'properly' end of last year. Now I've got my BFP but haven't been taking notice of anything and no idea when I concieved!
JaneW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 8:30pm
Hi H, I'm glad you started this post, My DH and I have been ttc 13 months now but are on a waiting list for ICSI next year. It actually took me a while to feel really envious of people because I was just holding on to the hope that I would be next, now that I have found out we have major fertility problems I do find myself getting jealous and a whole range of other emotions.

And to anyone who is thinking we should learn to 'deal' with it because it's a pregnancy forum (as quoted a few posts back) this is a ttc forum and there are a lot of women who are long term ttc'ers but still have a place here and I think this was a good idea H as it is so hard to find support and understanding.

So yup I do get super jealous sometimes....but I am also happy for people who get their BFP's, it's more the emotion of 'I wish it was me', and it eventually passes. One of my workmates got her BFP within her first cycle of ttc and after initially feeling a bit resentful I got over it and starting chatting to her about it, I even told her we were having trouble and I think that made it easier for me to deal with too, and when she had her baby a month ago I absolutely loved holding her wee girl and had no ill feelings at all anymore....so yes eventually you do learn to 'deal with it' but when you've just gotten AF for the 14th time since starting to ttc #1, it can actually be quite difficult, but we will all get our much longed for babies in the end...and it will be well worth the wait!
RubyTuesday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RubyTuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 12:54pm
H, thanks for posting this thread. I'm new here, and it's such a relief to know I'm not the only one who has these feelings. DH and I have been ttc since August 08. Most of our friends have fallen pregnant and had their babies during the time we have been trying. At first it didn't upset me too much when people told me they were pregnant but as time went on and it didn't happen for us, I found it really hard to deal with. I'm not angry or resentful with them, more with life and myself and whatever is stopping us getting UTD. In the last couple of months I've had two friends fall pregnant and one have an ooops pregnancy and an abortion, and each time it's taken a couple of days to stop feeling so jealous and angry and frustrated ... and all I can think is, will I watch another friend go right through her pregnancy and have her baby, before we can even manage to get pregnant. It's hard to talk to friends IRL about how I feel, as none of them have had trouble ttc so they don't really understand what it's like - they keep telling me things like it'll happen when I forget about it and stop thinking about it, which isn't easy when everyone you know is pregnant or has a baby, and you work in a job with children! Its good to know other people also have these feelings, as I feel guilty for getting resentful and like I should be able to be happy for others without all the frustration and jealousy.
Hope you all get your BFPs soon...
ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by kiwikt kiwikt wrote:

So lets keep this thread for the irrational, completely unjustified, but no less real, little green monsters in all of us. We can all be slight green with envy and crazy together.

I've only just noticed this thread (thanks to Ruby who made it jump up the list!) and I love this comment from kiwikt.

A friend of mine once said that although we all hear/know of other people’s hardships, the only thing we have to base our own on is our own history. For one woman, waiting three months is excruciating because, for her, it is the longest she’s ever had to wait and it’s been the hardest thing for her to bear. So I always try to bear that in mind when people who have been ttc for shorter than me are complaining, and also when I’m doing my own complaining, because I haven’t been ttc for anywhere near as long as some people on here.

As time goes on, I definitely feel more jealous when I see random babies and pregnant people in the street, but what gets me most is that first time you find out someone you know is pregnant. It’s not that I’m not really happy for them, it’s just that their being pregnant has highlighted the fact that I’m not, and my own happiness has gone down. Like others have said, after a couple of days I’m usually fine and later on, throughly enjoy all the baby cuddles.

Anyway, that's enough of a rant from me, baby dusk to all!

Edited as I realised that I didn't say, that of course I'm jealous - I want my own baby so much - when that green eyed monster does rear it's ugly head I just try to take a couple of days and shove him back down!

Edited by ArielAngel
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 8:52pm
I'm also all for this thread existing, and have been following new posts.

Its exactly these type of feelings, that we keep to ourselves cos they're "not nice" yet very real and valid, that ensures the big silence around infertility and/or difficulty conceiving.

Every time I hear of another pregnancy in real life, another part of me dies. I know I should be happy for people, but the truth is, I can't bear to speak to them, or to even look properly at a newborn.
This is what I can't say to ANYONE, in real life, but I will say, here, semi anonymously. Mrs MJD puts it best
"It's more a "I want my version of what you have and I feel ripped off that I don't" kind of emotion."
it was never an issue before, like other here have said. I'd always thought 'oh well, my time will come'. and it did. And I miscarried. I would have been one of those annoying people who admitted to a 'welcome whoopsie' and although I don;t think I rammed my pregnancy down anyone's throat, I definitely remember a few non-reactions from certain people, which makes me cringe now, thinking back

maybe I'm the extreme version, but I'm trying not to make judgments on what I should and shouldn't be feeling and thinking, and I hope others can do the same (with regards my expressed feelings)
RubyTuesday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RubyTuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2010 at 11:01am
Originally posted by spanky77 spanky77 wrote:

I'm also all for this thread existing, and have been following new posts.

Its exactly these type of feelings, that we keep to ourselves cos they're "not nice" yet very real and valid, that ensures the big silence around infertility and/or difficulty conceiving.

Spanky, I totally agree that there is a big silence around infertility or trouble conceiving. As I said earlier, my friends IRL don't really understand how I'm feeling because they haven't been here, so they just tell me to stop worrying and relax, and that it will happen when I stop thinking about it. Which makes me feel like there is something wrong with me for being so resentful and for feeling like I have been cheated because I haven't fallen pregnant yet, particularly when I see it happening so much more easily for everyone else. And I don't want to talk to much about how I feel to my friends who are pregnant or new mothers, cos I don't want them to feel guilty about getting their bfps so easily. I feel like I'm spending a lot of time smiling and being positive on the surface while inside I'm a mass of frustration and resentment. Finding this thread was such a relief because it helped me to see there were others who had all the same sorts of feelings and I wasn't a nasty freak for feeling that way.

While they are not nice feelings and none of us like feeling that way, and it's perfectly valid and natural to feel cheated and angry when you want something so badly, and it seems to be happening for everyone but you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>