FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 522523524525526 529>
Author
MuckyBucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuckyBucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 5:07pm
CL - Have you tried nasal sprays/vicks/karvol etc to help clear her nose. I'm sure you probably have

We got the Evenflo Symphony 65 - rear faces for ages and lasts until until 65kg (as a booster). It will probably expire before Kenzie grows out of it, but that will be the same for all carseats going forward as kids will have to been in a car seat/booster until their about 12 years or 148cms soon.

Sponsored Links

craftlovers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftlovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 6:02pm
Yeah I have thanks MB. She has baby vicks on chest, back and feet, karvol on a wash cloth stuffed in her clothes, she is dressed in thermals and 1 piece outfit to keep her an even temp. We are doing drops in the nose to help make it run and clear out but nothing is working. She is coughing till she passes out it's so so so scary and poor Jono keeps screaming and crying that his sister is going to die which isn't helping anyone
daisyboo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 7:13pm
CL- I'm so so sorry to hear about all that you're going through... Really just want to give you a big big hug~~. Hang in there!!! ((((((hugs)))))))
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 7:54pm
CL - take her to Middlemore Kids First!!!
They'll hook her up on an O2 saturation monitor & you will have instant peace of mind as it will go off if she stops breathing. I couldn't live without our Angelcare sound & movement monitors especially as Ryder had sleep apneoia & his alarm would go off several times a night. A few times he was gray with blue lips - scary stuff - so i know what you are going through!!!

And sorry to hear about your oldest boy - I must have missed your post about that - I hope he is ok - he's such a sweetie!!!

snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 9:45pm
Wannabe you are doing so well with the weightloss, what's your secret? Having to run after 2 babies probably helps I guess hehe :) well done.

It turns out all the gross nappies are because of a tooth, I can see a tooth now on his bottom gum coming through, hopefully in the next few days it will be up and we can get a break- he has been sooooooooooo grizzly and clingy and screamy. Not satisfied with anything and Im not allowed out of his sight at all times. Poor little man

Hope they get to the bottom of what's wrong with Holle soon CL. Been a crappy week for you
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:16am
CL hope today is better! i see on FB you have taken her to hospital- good! i would have said rush her straight to hospital if you hadnt already! your doc is a nutter for telling you its not a big deal if your baby cant breathe and is passing out!!!! gee i have had SOOO many mums when i was working take their babies to the doc to be told everything was fine, and we kept ringing the mums to pick them up every day for weeks sometimes, because there was NOTHING fine about them- to finally take the kid to hospital themselves and find they have asthma/bronciolitis/chest infections/croup or the likes- you have to wonder if some of our doctors get their quals from the bottom of a cereal box at times!
ok rant over lol. sorry. a bit wound up after news my couz had a gun held to his head in the states..hes ok bit i keep thinking about the what-ifs.. *shudder* too many idiot losers in this world- seriously!

anywhoooo..hope everyone is having a good day, might go for a big walk today with little miss since its sunny, and have to lose the 800gms i gained last week!
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:57am
Vote for Marlee today!
Me 28, DH 29
#2 due October 7
mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 9:24pm
I keep meaning to say that if anyone was going to do baby sign you might want to make sure you are doing them now (if you aren't already). The ones I used the most were food related, though we did bath and sleep as well, so I have started using them when I give Alex his solids.
This is a site you could use to get some signs (scroll down to see the words), or you can make up ones that make sense to you. Or maybe this site.
craftlovers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftlovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 9:29pm
Hey all thanks for the thoughts and love and messages. I have had the worst week in a long time. Between the stress of my son, my friend needing my support and now my daughter I feel like I am going slightly nuts. She has bronchialitis (prob spelt wrong) not just a cold. The stopping breathing episodes are due to the junk going down her throat blocking her up and she can't cope with the extra stress so body shuts down. Felt much more confident with her at the hospital hooked up to all their machines but we home now so see how we go. We are camping in the lounge with the heater going, she is sleeping in her pram to keep her on a decent angle to help with the gunk. She does not appreciate the hourly saline squirted up her nose poor bubs but what ever helps has to be good right. I am now struggling to keep my milk supply at a good level as she hasn't suckled properly for 2 days feels like 1 drama after another right now
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 8:03pm
wow.. quiet weekend in here! Hope everyone had a good one.

Am very excited, Violet *almost* rolled over, hehe. It so looked like she was going to do it, but then she got distracted by her hands and decided to suck them instead.. never mind! A thought occurred to me though, once she is rolling, is it going to cause a problem if she does it during the night? Should I let her sleep on her tummy if she rolls over and decides it's ok? I'd imagine she won't think it's ok at all, and instead will cry when she gets tired of it (I'm assuming she'll do this rather than just face plant and suffocate!)

Ordered her a high chair today. Got a 'little kiwi' one off trademe. They're doing them for $120 at the moment. Can't wait for it to arrive as when I feed her in the bumbo she spends the entire time trying to eat her feet.. so her socks end up covered in food, and most of the time she vomits as she's putting so much pressure on her tummy. So bring on the tray to hide those oh so tempting toes!! =)
mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 3:02pm
Niquey- can she roll back? At this age they are usually ok to sleep on their tums cause they can move their head easily. However, if you are concerned or if it keeps her awake you could try a safety sleep or just tuck her in nice and tight.

If anyone wants to try or needs more Real Nappies the top up pack is $27 at the Countdown here in Greenlane (usually $44). This is 6 inserts and 2 covers.

Hope Holle is on the mend CL.
daisyboo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 3:09pm
niquey - Olivia was doing that distracted by hands thing while wanting to turn over, it's interesting seeing her wanting to turn over cos it looks soooooo hard. She basically just uses pure ab muscles to help her turn! haha.. she can turn to the right now but not the left and not from front to back. She tries to move forward but instead of using her arms, the arms always go back like she wants to fly forward?? I don't understand that.
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 9:33pm
Well I must've given her ideas as first thing this morning we were woken up by an upset baby on her tummy! Funny how the first time she officially rolls over she does it in secret! No rolling all today then after her bath tonight she finally cracked it, in both directions, we were very proud :)) Will have to see how she goes tonight, hopefully she'll stay put and sleep.

Daisyboo that sounds cute! You should dress her in a superman outfit and take a picture, hehe.
Minkiwings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkiwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 9:55pm
Ugh allergies!
Ever since starting solids Cameron has had a red rash on his cheeks. At first I thought it was teething rash, but now its spread all over his face and there's patches on his hands. So yes come to the conclusion that the huggies wipes I'm using is irritating the rash, but where the F is it coming from! Definately a food. I'm totally cool with it, I'm not going to give him drugs or creams to get rid of it, its his bodies way of dealing with it and if it gets too bad we can just steer clear of it.
Anyway so I'm thinking of what he's eaten that he might be reacting to. I'm thinking carrot or pumpkin. Think there was only one or two days that I haven't given him either or, and there's been only one or two days where the rash has completely gone. Can't remember if it happened simultaneously. So anyone have any idea about what could be causing a reaction? I'm not using anything new on his skin (he doesn't have it anywhere else), no washing powders or body wash that's different. My doctor said putting aqueous cream on it will aggrivate it and I have found this also. But its come from somewhere.

Anyways, tonight I've put the safety sleep on his bed, since every night he's woken us up by rolling over and shuffling up one end of his cot and getting stuck! He also spends about 2 hours per night just lying in his cot chatting to himself! What a weird child.

I'm also really happy with how chilled out (ish) he is. Miss 2 was already crawling and off, she was so active and a real handful. Cameron prefers to lie on the ground playing with something, studying it. He's really social too, gosh the giggles and chats! It's so nice to have a completely different baby.

Anyway I've been reading up on everyone's stuff every now and again. Just thought I'd say hello.

Oh and Craftlovers, hugs, our thoughts are with you. Hang in there! I hope Holle gets better soon. xxx
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:03am
CL glad Holle is home now and slowly on the mend. what an ordeal of a week you have had! that bronchialitis is horrible, and can take so long to get rid of! hang in there hun. hugs!
hehe niquey thats sounds soo cute violet trying to et her toes for dinner! gross, but cute! lol. I have one of those highchairs that clip onto the table top, so we all try to eat at the table as a family. got it for free from preschool when they ditched their highchairs so cant complain. and i love how you just pull it apart and chuck it in the wash when it gets dirty!
sounds like you are loving it minki Maddy loves to just lie there and hold a toy out in front of her, studying it really intensely and turning it over and over in her hands. people ask if shes rolling/crawling/shuffling/sitting etc and when i say no some have even said "well shouldnt she be doing that by now?" ( im thinking FFS SHES NOT EVEN 6 MONTHS OLD GIVE HER A CHANCE!) but i just say "shes obviously a thinker, not a doer at the mo, shell move when shes ready im in no rush for her to grow up!" lol that usually shuts them up. shes obviously taking everything in, and chats and giggles up a storm and is the happiest child on earth (or so im told lol) so who am i to complain if shes not doing the gross motor stuff just yet? amazing how some people are so caught up with how fast your baby does things! shes rolled that one time, but ya think shes done it since? lol silly girl shes just gone back to getting angry nad planting her face into the floor oh well, shell get there i figure i was the same as a baby, and didnt walk until nearly 2- but you think you can tell now im an adult? so who cares
well better go clean my house, i have a lady coming to talk to me about doing some home based care (like porse) for a bit of $$$. exciting!
MuckyBucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuckyBucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:56am
Soda - I'm going to steal your line 'she's a thinker not a doer'

Minki - Kenzie hasn't had any reactions to stuff, although she seems to prefer jar cooked meals rather than her mother's!!

Kenzie's new trick is to take the tray off her bumbo and throw it on the floor/kitchen island, along with all the food on it to demonstrate that she's finished. Tried to tell her off for it and she just thought it was funny that I was pulling an angry face. Hard to stay grumpy for long when your little girl starts giggling at you

daisyboo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 9:12am
Minki - I've been putting Olivia on a no carrot diet for a while and her redness around the mouth seem to disappear. Trying pumpkin later in the week. Who knows, might just be coincidence..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 2:33pm
Yay Violet for rolling. She'll be off now! lol Yeah I fully agree about the people getting competitive about their babies and when they do stuff. Noah has done things early but I just credit that to him being him rather than anything I did lol, and it's been hard work running about after him! lol I think a lot of it has to do with genes/temperament- Noah is very determined and he gets frustrated when he can't do something so he works on it relentlessly until he gets it, lol and he never stops moving even when he was a newborn he wriggled constantly, apparently I was like him as a baby (determined rather than wriggly lol) and Im still like that as an adult. So maybe more chilled out babies take it more at a steady pace, who knows hehe. They all get there in the end and enjoy the time when you can leave them in one spot while it lasts as once they start moving you have to have eyes in the front, back and sides of your head and constantly move things when you think you already babyproofed everything you could, lol.

Just wanted to share a couple of things. 1, I bought these simply organic apple rice cakes from the supermarket they say 9 months plus but they are big enough that as long as you sit with baby the whole time and take it when it gets too small, they are no problem. Noah really loves them and his rice rusks also. He also loves sucking on a wedge of apple or toast. He so loves feeding himself.

2. With sippy cups, I spent heaps of money on the flashest non spill sippy cups but found Noah had a hard time using them as they were big and bulky and hard to suck. My Mum got a very basic $3 plastic one from the supermarket (sistema I think) just your typical sippy cup with the 3 holes, and nice thin handles, and Noah finds it so much easier, can hold it easily, and has cottoned on to the whole concept and drinks all his water now. I found the non spill ones were too hard to suck from. So I am only using the $3 ones now! lol they are just the blue ones you get from the baby range sistema makes, they do all the plastic containers with the blue clips. So if you haven't got a sippy cup yet don't be taken in by all the fancy ones (unless you like them/they work for you of course).

Me 28, DH 29
#2 due October 7
weeheebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 3:34pm
WJ - great tip on the sippy cup, cheers. For spill proofness I've never found one that actaully doesn't spill so I pretty much don't carry water in them, just use a pump bottle or find a tap and put some in.

Having a lovely day here, it's pretty cold so I've got the fire pumping it out and I'm just chilling back watching the fashion show on 3 with both boys in bed. Oh yeah!
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 3:33pm
ooh i bought a fab sippy cup a couple of weeks ago and Maddy LOVES it! AND its non spill! its the NUBY brand, i got it from baby factory but i know they are other places too (babycity perhaps as well?) anyway the sippy bit is soft- like made out of teat material but a sippy cup shape, at first Maddy kinda just chewed away on it, but as she chewed little bits of water came out and now shes learned to suck from the cup. (tho when her teeth are bothering her she loves chewing on it with the cool water inside- so double whammy purpose!) my friends boy has one, he has 4 teeth and he hasnt even marked it with his teeth either so definitely hardy material! Maddy is getting really good and trying to hold hers too. and it was about $12 from memory so pretty cheap for a good cup!
worth a try perhaps anyways
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 522523524525526 529>