FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 523524525526527 529>
Author
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 7:57pm
Just wanted to share another good find of mine. Noah got too big for his baby bath and we don't have a bath at home so I got him a bigger baby bath that he will fit in for ages, probably till about 2 or so. I got it off trademe but its from an online baby store

http://www.trademe.co.nz/baby-gear/bath-time/baths/auction-388293896.htm

Im posting a pic on my facebook in a min of him trying it out. He loves it cos it was a lot deeper than the baby bath and doesn't have the ramp thing in the middle that you lay them on when they are little. He loves his bath so I didn't want to switch to showering him
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Sponsored Links

Minkiwings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkiwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 8:10pm
Hey WJ great idea! We didn't have a bath either when Eva was little, so from about 8 months till 18 months we bathed her in one of those plastic storage bins you get from the warehouse. Good find!
niquey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niquey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 1:16pm
Good idea WJ, we got Violet something similar after she got too big for her tummy tub (and our bathroom still isn't finished). She really loves it, although spends most of the time trying to eat her toes (really hope this phase ends soon, last night she forgot to lift her toes to her mouth so tried to put her mouth to her toes instead and got a face full of water! oops.. bad mummy)

Gave Violet some pear for the first time today and she seemed to like it. She certainly didn't appreciate the banana I tried the other day, the face she made was so funny, plus she did this little head shake and grimace - super cute).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 9:02pm
Hehe funny Niquey, Noah loves his 'nanas'. I find if I mash it and mix it with a bit of his milk it is well received.

Noah is being a bit confusing at the moment. Sorry if TMI but he has had rather gross bowel movements many times a day for the last 2 weeks or so. Thought it was to do with the teething, as he has been getting a tooth, but the tooth is nearly up now he's also been out of sorts and had a big spew last week after his dinner one night- not your usual spill but a complete stomach empty. Took him to the doctor on the weekend who said the teething poo should probably not go on that long, if it is that at all, so we have to do samples over 3 days to send to the lab for testing. Its a bit baffling. Can be like 6 nappies a day, and it's waking him in the night. Hope he's ok. I have introduced toast recently and he did the big spew after something with spaghetti so I am starting to wonder if he's intolerant to something like wheat or gluten as well as dairy. Not sure. Could be a long road figuring out what it is if it's not a bug or teething.

It's official, he can pull himself up to stand. He got into my magazine rack last night and ripped up some of my magazines, cheeky little boy. Loving him so much right now, he's having a super clingy stage where he just wants me but he is also snuggling in and giving me cuddles himself and he crawls up to me and climbs on me to cuddle, and he tries to kiss my cheek but it's just a big slobbery drool mess lol. I love him so much, hehe he's so fun
Me 28, DH 29
#2 due October 7
mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 1:19pm
WJ - that sounds like more than teething nappies to me. My understanding is that they get smellier and a bit looser but multiple times a day, every day sounds like something more. I don't envy you getting samples!

Ticking along here. Alex has decided he hates to sit. He must either be standing (someone has to hold him) or lying down. We get him in his Bumbo for food, but if he hasn't got something in his hand/mouth then he arches back over it, pushing his hips up out of the seat. We figure if he wants to spend his time arched like a backwards banana then that's his choice.

chunkymonkey - hope your move went well and you are all settled in
Guest_45907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_45907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 2:01pm
Hello may i please add my wee girl Ruby Elisabeth who was born 20/12/2010. She is now 6mths and 16 days old and rolling around everywhere
craftlovers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftlovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 7:31pm
Hey there Guest :) Welcome to the group :)

Well I thought things were improving here, been flat out with my girl, the bronchiolitis was going, had 39.6 temps in the afternoon but dose of pamol kills that off all good. Life got a lot worse this morning when she woke at 3am, very unusual. Then she didn't want to feed well so not sure why she woke, I put her into bed with me so she could help herself which she didn't really do and I felt her go relax. I thought oh good she is asleep but couldn't hear her noisy breathing. Put my hand on her chest to no rise and fall and no heart beat. I shook her and no response so screamed and flicked light on. She then startled and cried. I thought her last antics scared me but this topped that, I keep thinking what if she hadn't been in my bed??!!
MuckyBucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuckyBucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 9:18pm
Bless CL - That must have been super scary - I can't even imagine what that must of felt like.

Minkiwings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkiwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 10:27pm
Oh gosh craftlovers... my heart goes out to you hun.
MuckyBucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuckyBucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 9:37am
Great week so far have managed the following:

Sprained my ankle
Lost my voice
Caught a cold
Kenzie got a cold
AF decided to visit

Woe is me ...

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 4:00pm
oh my goodness CL thats not cool! i wonder why she did that? keep an eye on her and straight back to the hospital if that happens again i reckon! scary!!

Mucky you sound in the wars too! and poor kenzie
hi everyone else and hugs to those who need them! x x

WJ sounds like a wee tummy bug to me..teething shouldnt be THAT bad should it? honestly, tummy bugs are everywhere at the mo, i know people in auckland, hamilton, palmy nth, wellington, dunedin and blenheim who all have a tummy bug this week!!! as long as hes getting enough fluids he should be ok i reckon, but if continues too much longer id go back to the doc..poor wee boy!

its really cute introducing new foods to them ay- wheni give Maddy something new for dinner she doesnt expect and gives that little shudder thing too hehe, but opens her mouth for more and in a few mouthfulls shes used to it and loving her dinner again lol.
today tho she has been GRUMPY!!! seriously screaming the house down all afternoon. gave her a hot bath to relax her, which helped, but the second i got her out she screamed again! i think shes constipated poor poppet shes finally asleep in bed after 2 hours of screaming, even cuddling her wouldnt settle her..was quite upsetting for me, my little girl is never like this! but held it together, hoping she sleeps a couple of hours and feels better soon. DH is out tonight so i cant go to the shop and buy some prunes or anything for her.. i have a tin of pears, but they are "lite" pears so have artificial sweetener in them..they should be ok to give on the one off tho ay?? actually, doesnt artificial sweetener have a laxative effect? just hate seeing her so uncomfy and sad
aww i can hear her groaning to herself in her bedroom..so sad...
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 9:37pm
Soda, if you have some brown sugar you could try brown sugar and water? It worked for me once when I had nothing else available for Noah. If her tummy is bothering her Ive found a wheatbag is soothing on Noahs tummy as he often has tummy troubles.

Yeah I guess it might be a tummy bug- there's not really any treatment as such aye? I thought he was past it as the last few days his poos seemed more or less back to normal but today not so much, so I will keep an eye on it. Have been giving him really bland food as it seems to happen more after something with meat in it. I did notice that the problem coincided with me introducing toast and giving him something that had spaghetti in it and that in the last few days he was ok when coincidentally I hadn't given him bread, but then today I didn't give him bread and it happens so who knows. We need to go back to the paediatrician soon so I'll ask him about the possibility of another intolerance but yeah hoping its not.

Maaaan I thought Noah was hard work before, now he's pulling to stand I have to never leave his side as he topples over a lot, lol he is absolutely fearless too. In just 2 days he's gotten so good at it lol. I love seeing my baby do all these things but at the same time it's exhausting! And I'm sure it's just beginning. We went to wriggle and rhyme today which was nice but he wanted to talk to all the other babies and was trying to pull the hair of the lady in front of us, lol. I think Im gona be the one with the hard work toddler running all over the place snd getting into everything

Other than that we are just plodding along, days go by really fast, busy between caring for Noah and working housework etc etc. Enjoying it all but so tired too.
Me 28, DH 29
#2 due October 7
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 1:53pm
ooh thanks WJ ill try that! she did do a teeny poo last night, it wasnt too hard or anything, but there wasnt much at all..for 4 days now shes done nothing other than the tiny bit last night but is in a happier mood today and not waking from her sleeps screaming..so will leave it another day and see what happens. gave her some pureed peach for dinner last night with lots of juice from the tin blended in, so hopefully thats helped a bit.

hehe so cute Noah is such a busy boy!

went to farmers today and there was a huge sale on the baby clothes from summer etc left over, got Maddy 2 cute wee pairs of cotton shorts for summer (size 1) for $2 a pair- BARGAIN! hehe. also 30% off nursery toys so got her a wee rattly ball. gave it to her in the shop to hold, but got to the checkout and had to take it off her to pay for it and oh my goodness tanty city!! lol was kinda funny tho she was so angry id taken her prized posession from her! hehe shes such a lovely placid child, it really shocks people to hear how impressive her lungs are when she goes for it and loses her temper!
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 6:45pm
Hi all, been AWOL for a while.

William has 2 teeth now, which made for a few unsettled nights but nothing too much out of the ordinary since the last 3 nights he was up wanting a feed 3 hourly again so the teething nights were much the same

He is sitting up much better now and has started babbling di di di di di (which DH takes as him saying daddy...ah men!)

I am trying to decide what I am going to do with work next year. I really don't want to go back. I might feel different in 7 months time when the school year starts again but I need to make a decision soon so I know whether I get them to extend my maternity leave for another year or not. With Charlotte starting school next year it makes me realise how fast they grow up and how much I want to be around while they're still small.

I hope all those little tummies sort themselves out and Holle gives you a break with her scares CL and your list of achievements is more positive next week mucky
weeheebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 10:02pm
MM - I know the feeling (about going back to work etc). A quick search just flicked up this from the secondary collective:

up to a further 12 months’ maternity leave (bringing the total entitlement
to a maximum of 24 months’ continuous leave including leave taken prior
to the birth of the teacher’s child) subject to notifying their employer in
writing of their intention to take this leave within 9 months from the date of
commencing maternity leave under 6.3.2(a)(i);

so if you wanted to do the extra 12 months leave I can see that you would have to say so soon. You could talk to them about your intentions, put in writing that you want the leave to extend and then use this bit:

If a relieving teacher is employed it
will be a condition of the relieving appointment that it will be terminated by the employer
concerned within one month from the date that the permanent incumbent gives notice of
intention to return to work early. A teacher must give her employer at least one month’s
notice if it is her intention to return to work before maternity leave expires

to start back whenever you wanted? (it would be the legal loophole, meaning you woukdn't have to decide just now)
Dunno, i'd be having an "informal" chat with the principal soon. Do you get on?

Just plodding along here, good and bad days, ups and downs, cest la vie.
music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2011 at 10:42am
Thanks for the info weehee, do you think that is just for secondary or primary teachers too?
weeheebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2011 at 2:23pm
http://www.minedu.govt.nz/~/media/MinEdu/Files/EducationSectors/PrimarySecondary/SchoolOpsEmploymentConditions/PrimaryTeachersCollectiveAgreement20102012.pdf

page 29/30 contains the relevant infi. It seems quite different to the secondary contract no mention of an additional year? there is an 0800 number for ERS that could be helpful. Also, are you in the union? i'd give them a wee call and just ask what the details are. sorry i gave you the secondary info, i just thought music = secondary, d'oh, lol.

hope there's some more helpful info in that link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftlovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 12:03am
Hey all, I'm around, just a tad stressed and much hair pulling. Her Majesty doing it to me so I not need to pull my own out, thanks hunny grrrrrrr.I am managing a few hours sleep a night now thanks to WJ loaning me her monitor, it's been a sanity saver in this house. She has set it off a few times so will be talking to the doc on Monday. Everyone seems to agree it's a thing she will out grow. I'm hoping it's before she ages me beyond repair!!!!!
MB you sound like you are having a rough time. Next week has to be better for you.
MM go the teeth and sitting. They are all growing up so fast. Good luck on your work decision.
Soda we have had one of those tanties. A mate was buying a toy and we had decided on 1 well she decided on the other, with the noise made we actually opened the packet and let her play so we could continue shopping. Honestly it was THAT bad

Mmm I should really get some sleep rather than listening to my baby breathing
Richtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 11:38am
Sounds like it has been a rough time all around.... Glad you are getting some reassurance because of the monitor CL :) let's hope she grows out of it.

Jess is on baby of the day today so if any one fancies voting :) she s the Jessica in the jolly jumper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftlovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 5:03pm
I voted hun :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 523524525526527 529>