FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 524525526527528 529>
Author
Richtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 6:26pm
Hi all, not really much to say but thought it was a bit sad to see our thread sitting at the bottom of the page. We are ok, Jess as a little cough but dowas says nothing to worry about, she is rolling all over the place but no sign of crawling, do we have any crawling bubs yet?

We had no signs of teeth either but that isn't a problem r She loves her food and had a good munch on some broccoli and home made fish fingers tonight. Any one got some more ideas for finger foods ? And lunch on the go food?

Got ourselves a manduca carrier and love it. Jess seems to really enjoy hanging out on my back and I have my hands free for Beth. Well. That is us for now. Hope all you lovely ladies and bubs are keeping well

Edited by Richtea

Sponsored Links

daisyboo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 10:13am
Hi Richtea
It has been quiet here isn't it? I think everyone must be busy.. no teeth for Olivia either but she eats heaps of solids and in turn heeaaps of poos. I'm changing too many poo nappies that I'd like to in one day. Other than rusks and pieces of fruit I haven't given any other types of finger food.
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 11:05am
Richtea Noah is crawling and standing up and shuffling around the table/couch it is so tiring, lol but the one saving grace is that his day sleeps have become a lot longer as he is more tired now.

I usually give Noah some baby rice cakes (organic brand at supermarket- says 9 months+ but supervised they are fine) or rice rusks as snacks, or those Heinz rusks if I have them, or give him a banana to chomp on, one of the little bobby ones. I have also given cut up vegetable sticks. I read somewhere that for an easy meal to go out you can just take with you a banana or an avocado and a bowl and you're good to go, no cooking needed.

You can also make your own baby biscuits with 1 cup flour, 1 cup baby rice and 1 cup fruit juice, they turn out nice and chewy
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 11:11am
Have also been thinking of buying the bigger rice cakes for hmi to chomp on as they healtheries ones are just 100% brown rice
Me 28, DH 29
#2 due October 7
MuckyBucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuckyBucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:18pm
Wow - we're near the bottom again. I don't have a huge amount to report either, other than Kenzie now has a couple of teeth and she bit me for the first time tonight. Yah ... NOT!!

Ideas for finger food:
Vege croquets (or mix with a bit of meat)
Bananas, pears, melons, peaches - soft fruit that they can sort os squish off
Toast/crumpets/English muffins soldiers - marmite and cheese, vege mash, avocado
Cheese
Meat loaf cut into finger shapes once cooked.
Fish fingers
Mini quiches
French toast
Pancakes
Fritters - you can put nearly anything into a fritter!

The possibilities are endless really. I've just been looking through the Edmonds cookbook, the Alison and Simon Holst cookbook and the Annabell Karmel cookbook for inspiration. We're also doing Baby Led Weaning but I do give Kenzie mash but I let her feed herself by passing the spoon to her. I also think cous cous is great for making meals more filling and Kenzie also loves yoghurt - especially with banana!!

mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2011 at 10:55pm
So we have mostly sorted out Alex's sleeping at night now, so it was a surprise when he woke at 9:30 tonight crying. He's got a couple of teeth coming up so I thought "I'll feed him and he'll go back to sleep with the comfort of sucking".....nope! After some Pamol too and about 1/2 hour of crying (with us checking in on him every 10min) I went to give him more feed. At the end he was just nibbling so I pulled him off and he grinned at me!!! I then put him over my shoulder for a burp and he leans in and squishes his nose to mine with another HUGE grin. Cheeky Monkey!! He then had the nerve to laugh as I left the room. Gosh he knows how to play his mum.
EcoMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EcoMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 12:09pm
hey all. Well Lil's operation was very successful. We go back on Friday to get the stitches out, she looks a bit odd at the moment with blue stitches from the inside of her nose down to her lip and into her mouth. She is a bit sad at the moment but we are managing the pain with some medicinal help and lots of cuddles. She has arm splints which are fabric and velcro with boning inside to keep her arms straight so she can't put anything in her mouth. I reckon its these combined with no dummy and no front on cuddles that are making her the most sad.
She is eating and drinking well - and is still sleeping through the night which is a god send. We have 7 teeth at the moment with number 8 coming through now (good timing not!) its kind of hard when you cant chew anything to manage the teething situation but distracting her with weebles seems to be working ok - man weebles are awesome!!!
sorry for the all about us post - just an update for those of you who knew the op was coming up.
craftlovers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftlovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 8:12am
Yay that all went well eco And wow on all the teeth, I still have miss gummy.

All quiet round here, going to Christchurch in August to see my friends, so can't wait, hopefully the ground stays still for me, I have never been in an EQ and I don't really want start now

Hubby working weekends and off Monday Tuesday, it's taking a bit to get used to, but YAY it's the holidays
weeheebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:56am
Arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Nathan Cried until 4AM. That's right, 4AM.

Sleep. Deprivation. Sucks. Today.

Trying desperately to look on the bright side, we've been really lucky with Nathan that this is really only the first time he has done anything major like this. DS1 on the other hand was like it from birth. I asked DH last night how on earth we coped for months when he was little and how did I not do something very silly to myself? I think I have been spoilt this time round. Hugs to anyone who is still having some sleep issues.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:57am
And Eco - yay for lili's surgery going well Will she have to have any more?
EcoMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EcoMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 11:31am
hey weehee - sorry to hear Nathan had a bad night (and you too of course) Lili has her stitches out on Friday so she has another general anesthetic. Hopefully after that we wont need anymore. It takes a few days for the affect of the anesthetic to wear off so we are expecting another few days of upset baby. then everything will be good again. She is back into her normal day sleep patterns which is awesome, so we know for next week that it will just be a few hard days then we can expect her to be her happy wee self again.

I am loving being a SAHM for these couple of weeks - I wish I could do this forever, am dreading going back to work after the school holidays, term 3 is definately the hardest term. anyone else here working fulltime? (obviously all mums work fulltime, but you know what I mean - fulltime at work and then home to fulltime with bubs)
man I wish I could be at home.....or even work part time..... anyone out there who has some connections with the universe can you say a few words to get our house sold please.

Minkiwings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkiwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 2:20pm
Hey Universe! Please create a buyer for Ecomummy's house! Thank you.

No teeth at all here. Very happy giggly baby boy! Enjoying this time with two kids, the hard bit is over. The future is blissful and amazing!

Happy mummy dust to everyone's. ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Minkiwings Minkiwings wrote:

No teeth at all here.

I'm really hoping that this is what was up with N last night. He has four teeth already (2 bottom middle and then 2 top ones - one either side of where the middle two should be) but he has the top two middle ones about to burst through - everything is so swollen around there.

Glad to hear that things are going swimmingly with you Minki - you deserve it. Enjoy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkiwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 3:34pm
Thanks weehee! Its all about attitude really, isn't it? Its amazing to think what a woman's body goes through physically, mentally and spiritually when she gives birth to and raises children. We really are the stronger sex. I am so grateful for how strong my body is. We are all strong woman, no matter what's going on for us!
EcoMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EcoMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 4:42pm
I concur Minki
craftlovers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftlovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 11:06pm
Throws house selling dust on eco!!! Hope it sells really do. I worked full time with my big 3 kids,they were weeks old when I had everyones kids back at my house. I didn't think anything of it at the time but now I am getting to be a SAHM and chill I'm thinking WTH was I thinking lol.

Life around here SUCKS big time, no sign of improvement until it's all over. Can't get into it on here but AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH damn breast feeding and can't go out and get totally plastered. On the upside my kids are awesome

Oh and no teeth in this house but rosy cheeks so maybe soon????
music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:06am
So good to hear you are feeling so great Minki.
I am having good days and bad days depending on the amount of sleep I've had and the way the girls are interacting but there are certainly lots of great moment to pull me through.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkiwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:12am
Yeah sleepless nights are the norm around here, up 4 times last night, but there is such a lot of other awesomeness about being a mum I'm just gonna focus on those.
Argh can't type on phone will write agen later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 11:14am
Music_mummy and minkiwingsI know what you mean, having bad days here at the moment as N has decided screaming is the fun thing to do, all the time, not cos he's unhappy just he likes the sound? I don't know? But it's got me at my wits end, he does it at home and out. But then he will crawl up to me and climb all over me and give me kisses and cuddles or do something so cute and I'll think oh my god I love you so much. So there are very trying times and awesome times. Being a mother is so hard sometimes!

Ecomummy that must really suck. I hope your house sells soon. Is dropping the price a little an option? I hope you get some good luck soon. I find being a stay at home Mum hard enough with the small amount of part time work I do, so I admire you.

On the brighter side though N's appetite has gone up hugely and he's eating a lot more solids (he was very picky before) and in turn that seems to have him sleeping through most nights which I have not had in months maybe since he was 4 months old so I am very happy for a reprieve from waking up 2 or 3 times however long that may last. He is sleeping a lot better in general because he's more tired from all his standing and crawling and moving about. And I have found these things have naturally happened despite all the efforts Ive made with verbal reassurance, self settling etc I have found that his sleeping has improved naturally with time and persistence with routine, etc so I hope that comforts some of you who want their babies to sleep through- I tried everything under the sun but in the end it seems he'll just do it when he wants to. Sleep training was a fail for us.

Had paediatrician on Monday and discussed some concerns with paed as Noah's reflux has been back with a vengance since I weaned him off losec and also with some foods he was puking the whole dinner back up especially if it had meat or pasta. The paed advised me that with his problem he's not able to tolerate chunks in food at this point so I need to keep all his foods really smooth. That makes sense as usually when he pukes its lumpier food. So I am going back to basics for a while, simple purees and he seems happier. Still not allowed to give dairy until a week after he turns 1 at least, when he will have more allergy tests. His tummy is still really tender when pressed on and he's very refluxy so we have put him back on losec and keeping an eye on him after everything he eats. He's such a sensitive boy lol. What I can give him for food is really limited without dairy and big pieces.
Me 28, DH 29
#2 due October 7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 11:18am
Also happy 8 months to my boy for yesterday. I am starting to seriously think about plans for his first birthday party and laybuyed presents for his birthday and Christmas on the weekend, can you believe that? Some days it feels like yesterday being pregnant and other days it feels like years ago. It's been a real journey for us
Me 28, DH 29
#2 due October 7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 524525526527528 529>