FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525526527528529>
Author
weeheebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 4:29pm
Hey WJ - don't worry too much about the limited diet, so much easier to plan is what I say. Nathan has a really boring diet, mostly due to my CBA syndrome.(hopefully you can work out what CBA is!) He's got his whole life to get used to other exciting things to eat. Mostly just pears, rice, pumpkin and apples here. The odd bit of "excitement" from whatever comes out of a Watties tin. Daniel had the same when he was little and he loves all sorts of things now, including cauliflower and brocoli (they get scoffed first at tea time).

As for up and down days - I have lots of them too. I think my whole emotional state is such a roller coaster ride that my poor DH must try to have to guess where I'm at each day when he gets home. But I figure it's just a stage and that having little ones at home can do all sorts of weird and wonderful things to your mind. Some days are friggen hard (and I sit on my butt parked in front of the computer those days) and other days are great. At the end of the day though I know that both boys are well loved and pretty much well cared for so that makes me happy.

In other news, I think I'm going to be an accountant when I grow up. They seem to able to charge absolute extortionate amounts of money for next to no work. We just got a bill for over 2 grand for what I know was only 4 or 5 hours worth of work. Buggars! I'm gonna make DH ring up and seriously question their billing. It's ridiculous.
Sponsored Links

EcoMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EcoMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 4:57pm
Happy 8 months to N wiggly. Lili also likes the sound of her own screams for fun....just about drove off teh bridge the other day when I thought she was asleep in the back and then all of a sudden a high pitched scream followed by giggles - got such a fright. I also bought some birthday toys in the farmers sale to put aside - some for birthday and some for xmas, some really good toy sales at the moment.
CL thanks for the house selling dust - although I have to be honest and say i find the comment about giving up breastfeeding to get drunk very disturbing, my own personal opinion though, and forgive me if I missed a joke there as I haven't read back very far.
Weehee - accountants ARE massively expensive! I agree and so wished I had lists of jobs with the pay per hour rate when I was making career choices.....then again we wouldn't have any teachers, nurses or prison guards if they gave out lists like that ay
well my little sweetpea is waking up so I need to head off - sending good weather vibes to those of you who have littlies home for school holidays (and home in general) :)
craftlovers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftlovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:14pm
Oh eco it wasn't I'm wanting to give up breastfeeding so I can go get plastered, it's actually a it's actually lucky I am breastfeeding so I can't get plastered. I'm one of the weird ones that is seriously hoping I can breastfeed until 2 and tandem feed if I can
Greenery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:41pm
gosh been ages since ive passed here hehe. had such a busy week! Got a phone call from Auckland hospital on thursday night last week saying get your sister out from Perth, ya mums really sick and you need to come up tomorrow. So we packed up thursday night and headed to Auckland early friday morning to the hospital and luckily my sister made it out saturday morning and Mum passed away sunday afternoon. All i can say is i would never wish lung cancer on my worst enemy. My sister, one of my brothers and I (my other brother was a bit too emotional and left saturday night back to Hamilton thinking she was ok) was there when she died.
So a quiet weekend for my birthday on sat hehe. Poor Seth is up the wall on his sleep and eating. any kind of routine is gone! argh! and hes sick. Dr did the whole 'oh yea parinoid mother thing' lol ugh
He managed to pull himself along the wooden floors while we were with mum in her room waiting for the funeral director lol.
otherwise no crawling. hes quite happy sitting and bending in half! looks painful.
and i have irritated the end of my c sect scar. gosh its painful! hurts to move. oh wells ill be able to rest for a few days at least

craftlovers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftlovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:46pm
Oh hugs milo, thats awful for you
music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 9:12am
I am so sorry to hear about your Mum milo. You must be so relieved that you made it to the hospital you and your siblings could be with her until the end.
I hope your scar heals soon and Seth falls back into his usual rhythm soon.
mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 8:37pm
Oh Milo, that's terrible. Big hugs Hope you get some serious birthday spoiling tomorrow, sounds like you need it!
Richtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 7:15pm
Milo

_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Richtea Richtea wrote:

Milo

from me too hun... yup Cancer sucks. lost my Dad to it when i was 10 years old. not fair ay. hope you have all your family rallying around at this time. hugs hun!

sorry ive been mIA for aaages too- so busy i find it easier to catch up on FB. got a terror of a cold a thte mo, day 3 and no sign of improvement. Maddy is being a star and so happy all day long but still its hard when you bend down to pick her up and your head hurts, cant lie on the floor with her coz you cant breathe etc...blah. DH said he will stay home with me tomorrow and help and hang out with Maddy so i dont feel like a bad mummy for just wanting to lie on the couch all day.. which will be awesome. i love him!

aww hugs for wee Lili and you Eco! glad the op went well. i can imagine it must be hard to not give her a big old cuddle tho. what a wee trooper she is for being so good for you! x x

WOW on all you bubbas with teethys! Maddy is still toofless, but im ok with that she tries to bite me all the time as it is so the teeth can stay away! lol. shes still not rolling, but says "Yum Yum!" (or more like MUmmmmm Mummmm!) when she eats her dinner now- so cute! im sure the moving will come in her own time tho..

my big exciting thing (well not really lol) we are getting a flashy new fridge this week coz our ones dying a slow and noisy death.. ooh and i got my first ever brand new kettle! all our others have been crusty old ones we have inherited so that was exciting- thank you Mr. Flybuys! lol the little things that float ya boat when your a SAHM with nothing more exciting to do outside looking after your baby ay!
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
KrazeeKaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrazeeKaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 8:12am
Sorry here too for being MIA, busy with calving.

Sorry Milo about your mum, lost my Grandad to bowel cancer 3 years ago, was the hardest time of my life.

Liam is finally 7 months old, no teeth yet but then I didnt get my first one until I was 11 months old. He started crawling yesterday, it is so cute. I cant believe how much he has changed in the last few days.

Glad Lilli's operation went well :)

Yay for your new fridge soda! Buying new things is always fun.

We are organising our trip to the Gold Coast in Feb, cant wait, so exciting.

LittleN - Liam went through that phase too, he finally grew out of it in a few weeks now he is babbling and talking more.

Hope you lovely ladies are taking care and having a good time.
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 12:18pm
Milo, I lost my Gran to cancer and I still think of her every day so I hope you're doing ok, big hugs. Will be nice to see parts of your Mum live on in Seth :)

Yay KrazeeKaz for the crawling and thanks for telling me Liam got out of the screaming. Fingers crossed N is about to as well, he seems to have stopped doing it as much in the last few days. Was thinking of you the other day wondering how you are feeling now?

Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
KrazeeKaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrazeeKaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 2:03pm
Littlen, I am better at the moment, they put me on antidepressants then changed them because they made me nauseous, but have been much better lately, coping ten times easier and Liam is such a breeze to have now.
MuckyBucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuckyBucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 9:24am
Hugs to everyone who needs one ... which seems like a few of us at the moment (probably explain why it's been quiet around here).

KrazeeKaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrazeeKaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 3:39pm
Man this is getting hard, the last few afternoons I have struggled to get Liam to have a nap. I cant seem to figure out why he wont settle. His nappies haven't been too good either, very loose and watery and have no idea what could be causing it. He is so grumpy and wont stop crying. What to do....? Ready to pull my hair out.
Minkiwings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkiwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 6:21pm
Kk, has he got any teeth yet? It cud be that. My little boy is skipping sleeps at the moment too. Can't help entirely with the nappy thing as both my kids had / have red raw cheeks wen teething. Hope he gets better soon!
EcoMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EcoMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 6:27pm
Kaz - I would put my money on teeth. When Lil started getting her she had runny watery poop and a very sore bum, she didnt want to sleep without a bit of bonjela rubbed on her gums first. You could try that?

HUGS to everyone - some of you need an extra big hug at the moment, but everyone should have at least a little hug each day too.
KrazeeKaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrazeeKaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 6:37pm
Minki and EM, I think it could be that, gave him some pamol and bonjela and he had a nap finally. Grumpy again now with red as cheeks and wont allow me near his mouth and refuses his bottle after a while. I hope this passes soon, already been happening for the last few days.
Wish he could talk to me what is wrong, would make it easier lol :)
MuckyBucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuckyBucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 10:01am
So quiet here these days - must be all busy with active babies!!

weeheebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weeheebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 9:42pm
I'm quiet cause these holidays have sucked the big kumara. Like really seriously sucked! But this is a public forum and I don't really want to go into any detail.
So yeah, just sucky!

(and I really really really miss my mum )
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 10:13pm
Weehee, sorry to hear you're having a hard time if you wana PM me to vent feel free, or you could vent on our facebook page?

I bet it must be really tough without your Mum. I rely heavily on mine these days

KK, Id say definitely teething, that was just how Noah was when he got his 2 teeth a month or so back. Not a fun time at all nearly tore my hair out lol

Not much to say from me either as it has been a tough time for me lately with PND making a nice repeat performance but got some really exciting news today that my husband is getting a promotion and company car again, so Ill have a car during the day soon to get out and about more which will be a lifesaver for me I think. So yay, gives me faith that things get better :) other than that just watching my little man change every day he is so determined to walk he is now pushing around a washing basket and walking lol and doing steps along the side of the coffee table. He's unstoppable lol :S stay little a bit longer Noah!!
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525526527528529>