FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat would/would have helped?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 12:38am
Do you feel that you had sufficient information about PND in your Ante-natal class?
Yes, however I already knew a bit about PND

What other information about PND were you given before/after the birth of your baby?
Not much, however was aware it was a huge possibility for me due to previous mental health issues

Did the midwives or Plunket monitor your PND symptoms?
Yes both, and very carefully, they watched me closer than the baby!

Who picked up on you having PND? Who referred you to the GP?
I went to the GP fairly promptly after having my child and scored 20 out of 30, I was put back on medication and called my psychotherapist pretty much immediatly. Things calmed down, and today I scored 7 out of 30. It was just baby blues ...but I still have days when I am down and am concerned I could develop bi polar disorder (my father has this) as I seem to be high and low...

How far down the track were you before you realised and were treated for PND?
(see above)

Who or what did you find to be supportive?
Talking honestly about feelings with people who have been through it - I don't find my family or friends great about it. They just don't understand and sometimes make it worse.

What else would have helped you to get better? Both now and then?
I think the fact I love my child now makes it a bit easier. But I just started getting out every day whether I wanted to or not. Being demanding on people if I had a bad day...
Sponsored Links

amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 12:46am
I dunno if I do, do not have PND as have been taking paroxetine... all I know is I am NOT going off it. I also made appointment to see my old psychotherapist. Luckily we can still afford for me to go once and a while...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12