FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2012 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 165>
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 9:53pm
I don't think my morning sickness was too bad with my son. I did lose my appetite though and go off a lot of foods. So i ended up losing 3kg during the first trimester. With my daughter i had really bad nausea 24/7 which started at 4 weeks and improved at around 12/13 weeks. I was STARVING too. Only threw up once with each pregnancy. lol. Although i made up for that when i got a bad stomach bug with my daughter at 30 weeks.

This time it's been kinda random. Some days i feel ok but other days the nausea hits bad and i struggle to find anything i feel like eating. I've gone off quite a few things. I've been going through a lot of Primo though, like with the other two. I do end up feeling nauseous everyday, but sometimes it's either only in the morning or at night. Sometimes all day.

Whoops, novel.
Sponsored Links

tracief82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracief82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 10:00pm
I had it with my son from 5 weeks until the end of the 12th week.. This time round seems like it may be the same.. I found Vitamin B6 a godsend with my son, but doesn't seem to make a world of difference this time hence trying out the acupuncture!!

Not really much interested in food but know if I'm hungry it's way worse - Catch 22!! So tricky! I know it's all worth it in the end but this first trimester is looking like it's going to be lonnngggg!!
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 10:03pm
Yeah it can drag on when you're feeling gross. Can't wait till we're all past that 12 week mark! I might try sea bands again. They helped for a little while with my second pregnancy.

It'll be interesting to see what size this baby is. My son was 9lb 11oz but my daughter was only 8lb 1oz. So quite a big difference, especially since my son was first.

That was my random thought while sitting here feeling gross. I really wanna go to bed now, well ages ago actually. But DP is out and didn't take the house keys, so i'd either have to leave the door unlocked or have to get up to let him in. He won't be much longer though, so i guess i'll just wait.

Edited by _Deb_
STARZIE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STARZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 7:38am
FLIP my tummy is sore today! but no throwing up .... although spent last night with a bucket near me, just incase :)

Looking forward to my midwife appointment this morning, will be interesting to know if i got my dates right :) with ds there was a dating scan, a original due date (from a guess period) and from the next scan and there was a week difference so never knew if we were going to have to induce or not! So very glad i have all my dates this time as i was taking my temp every morning!
CharlotteCamelia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlotteCamelia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 9:25am
I have an appointment with my midwife on the 14th! yay! Its the same midwife as I had last time and she is wonderful.

The only problem is I am not a hundred percent sure about my birth choice yet. Last time I had this midwife she did not have hospital privileges, and if I end up deciding on an epidural I will have to transfer care.

My last birth was a birth center transfer.

I am just so scared about not being able to handle the pain again.
koromiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koromiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 10:37am
I have made an appointment with a midwife but it's almost a month away. Is that normal? I'm feeling a bit nervous because it seemed like every midwife we got a recommendation for we also got an anti-recommendation. So I didn't know whether to go with someone with mixed reviews or someone completely unknown. Going with someone with slightly mixed recommendations.

I felt really nauseous at about 2am the last 2 nights. It was worse lying down so I propped myself up in bed for a while until my neck got really sore!
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 10:48am
I didn't see my MW till 12/13 weeks with my first and 10 weeks with my second. If you don't like that MW you can always change.
STARZIE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STARZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:25am
My appointment went well, apart from low blood pressure everything is normal. My due date has changed to the 02 july...and may change again depending on the dating scan (due to late ovulation)
....oooo and i get more sugar coz of the low bloods hehe
rachamos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 1:06pm
lurker...

Congrats Sally! You kept that little one quiet!    Hope its all going well for you and the sickness isn't as bad as last time!

lurker out...

Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 5:07pm
Another lurker...

Sally! Surprise alright. Far out the July10 ladies are buuuusssyyy!!
Congrats, hope you're feeling well.

Lurker out.
mini horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 7:55pm

Someone might be able to help me - being a first timer I have no idea how these things work! How do you go about getting a dating scan? My EDD has been put at July 2nd but I know exactly when I OV'd as I was temping/using OPK's and I'm pretty sure baby wont be due until around the 6th. I just don't think I can wait until 12 weeks for a scan! Meeting a MW for the first time next week...can you request a scan? How likely is it that she will want me to have one? Thanks!!!

Emilzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emilzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 9:17pm
Yay got a ticker!!

Edited by Emilzz
Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 9:36pm
Thanks rachamos & Danda :-)

It's interesting what diff midwives do & when they meet. I think last time my appointments were monthly with my LMC at the start of pregnancy, but I ended up seeing her more often as I really wasn't very well. I've got a different LMC this time (not by choice...if I could steal my other LMCs passport I'd keep her in the country to deliver my baby!!!)...I'm meeting her next week.

Koromiko - last time I got some of my worst MS during the night. Hormone levels are often high then. Some people find it useful to have a bunch of wee snacks beside the bed to nibble on if they feel nauseous at night.

....I still can't quite believe that I'm up the duff. Again!!! Exciting & daunting all at once. Told my parents tonight, who were over the moon - and one good friend knows. :-) Other than that, I'm quite liking just having a wee super exciting secret at the moment.
STARZIE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STARZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 10:21pm
Hey Mini Horse....

Yep i just got a referral from my midwife...just out of interest what date was you period and what date did you ovulate....as i have the same due date so sort of interested :) (first day was 25th of sept, and ovulation was 15 of october (Day 21) for me)

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 8:58am
Morning ladies. Got a decent amount of sleep last night but still feel just as tired.

I think i'm gonna have to get some maternity bras soon. My boobs are killing me and i think wearing under wire bras is making it worse. They just seem to be getting sorer and sorer.

mini_horse just explain to your MW why you want a scan and hopefully she'll give you a referral. They don't always.

I'm hoping i can get an early scan too 'cause i'm not 100% sure of my dates and i had only stopped the pill a couple of weeks before we started trying. Plus i just wanna make sure everything is ok. I've been so worried about things this time, no real reason why though. I'm just a worrier. lol.

Edited by _Deb_

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 10:22am

Thanks STARZIE and Deb  My last period started Sep 24 and I OV'd on Oct 11 so CD18.

My boobs are killing me as well! Doesn't even help when I don't wear a bra at all - I take it off as soon as I get home but I'm still in agony! I felt really sick for the first time this morning. DH picked me up some McD's breakfast on his way home from work so I stayed in bed until I'd eaten that.

People at work are starting to get suspicious I think! 2 weeks of making excuses not to go to Friday drinks and I rekon they're on to me! I never drink anything other than beer so can't really order something that could fool them! Glad it's a public holiday in ChCh next week - buys me a bit more time

Booski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 11:00am
Wow some of you girls have heaps of symptoms already!! I've now got my cranky , other than being tired too, I dont have much (other than the change in CM that let me know I was preggy in the first place!)

mini horse, if you're just worried about dates, I wouldn't bother with a scan to change the date by a day or two (I know my conception was the 13th, and have a due date of the 5th). It's just an approximation anyway......and bubs won't take any notice anyways

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 11:33am

Booski I must admit, I don't really care about the dates! I just want some reassurance that there is actually something in there!!! Silly I know, but anyone that knows me will say that I'm a pretty impatient person

Booski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 11:37am
Hee hee not silly at all! Sometimes it's so hard to believe you're pregnant when there's no big puku to pat! Totally understand that

Are we in for an onslaught of 'hurry up baby' around your due date

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 11:57am
I understand that mini_horse. I'm dying to have a scan just to know that everything is ok.

It was good that i started feeling my daughter moving at 12 weeks (to the day). I hadn't had a scan then, did 3 days later though. So it was nice to know she was ok since i could feel her wriggling around in there.

My sister is coming up from Tauranga for my daughters birthday in a weeks and she'll be staying for a few nights. We'll be going to the movies and stuff and i hope nothing comes up that will make her suspicious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 165>