FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF Stats - please share your story here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
SunshineWife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineWife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF Stats - please share your story here
    Posted: 22 April 2011 at 2:24pm
Please share your IVF experience here.
If you are preparing for or have already gone through IVF please answer the following questions. Hopefully this way we can see some patterns of what has worked for others, new ideas/alternative therapies to try. This will also help us find a buddy who might be in a similar situation (MFI, low AMH, similar age, same stage in the protocol etc). Please add any other info you think might be useful even if it’s not covered by the questions asked here.

Thank you everyone in advance for taking time to reply. Baby dust to you all May you all get your much awaited and deserved BFP very very soon.

YOU
Diagnosis (fertility problem):
Treatments you have had for the above:
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles:
Supplements taken while TTC:
Special diet/nutrition:
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful):
Fertility books, online resources etc you would recommend:

PARTNER
Treatments he has had for the above:
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful):

IVF
Fertility Clinic:
Consultant/FS:
Feedback about the clinic and FS:
Protocol you were on:
How many eggs collected:
How many eggs fertilised:
DH’s sample (fresh, frozen, TESA, PESA etc):
How many embryos transferred and on what day:
Any frosties left:
Result:
Me 27, DH 25 (MFI)
IVF + ICSI March '11 BFN and no frosties
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineWife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 5:05pm
How long TTC: 8 months when found out have almost no chances of conceiving naturally
Diagnosis (fertility problem): All good on my side
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: Had one IVF in March 2011
Supplements taken while TTC: Fish Oil, Vit C. Have also been taking chinese herbs from my acupuncturist a few weeks prior to starting IVF
Special diet/nutrition: Trying to eat healthy, fish at least one a week, lots of nuts and seeds, LSA seeds on cereal every morning, minimal bread/sugars, brown rice etc.
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): Have been going to Vitalis for acupuncture, did about 8 sessions before IVF and a session before and after ET. Have also started doing yoga during the IVF, helps me relax and calm down.
Fertility books, online resources etc you would recommend: CircleBloom.com, have been listening to their wonderful podcasts and reading the blog, have also purchased the IVF relaxation/visualisation audio. The Infertility Cure book by Randine Lewis is great if you are into traditional chinese medicine/acupuncture. Also listening to the podcasts by Sue Dumais, lots of wonderful support, infertility info, resources. And Sarah Holland's Fertility Mindset TV website is great!

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Not sure what the actual diagnosis is, will be asking the FS to tell us so that I can do further research online. Count is very low, way under 1mil, low motility and morphology too. They called in triple defect
Treatments he has had for the above: Doctors say there is no treatment and sent us straight to IVF + ICSI
Supplements taken while TTC: Menevit (3 months before starting IVF), Fish Oil, chinese herbs, Vit C.
Now has also started taking Multivit, CoQ10, Spirulina (+ other superfoods powder), and have just ordered L-Arginine and Carnitine to add to this!
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): Has been going to acupuncture, about 9 session prior to EC.
Now starting acupuncture again before the next cycle.

IVF
Fertility Clinic: Repromed, Auckland
Consultant/FS: Guy Gudex
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Very happy with their service. Mostly deal with nurses though, would like a bit more feedback from the doctor and the embryologist following the EC and during the waiting days before the ET; nurses didn't really know much about the embryos.
Protocol you were on: Short protocol, went very quick. Puregon (150 ml) and Orgalutran (250 ml). Ovidrel for trigger injection.
How many eggs collected: 8
How many eggs fertilised: 7
DH's sample (fresh, frozen, TESA, PESA etc): fresh sample, but next time will probably try TESA though need to do a bit more research on this to understand what the difference is and whether it's worth it?
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1 3-day 8 cell transferred. There were two more growing at this stage.
Any frosties left: None survived till day 5 so no frosties :(
Result: BFN. Have to do another cycle from the start. Currently thinking June/July but DH will do more SA tests before then to see if the supplements/acupuncture have made any difference.
Me 27, DH 25 (MFI)
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 7:52pm
Weirdly, I can't actually remember a lot - isn't that bizzare? It was only 3 years ago! Maybe take these as approximate answers [:0)]

How long TTC: 5 years
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Endo
Treatments you have had for the above: Lap & dye
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: None
Supplements taken while TTC: None
Special diet/nutrition: Reduced caffeine intake, but otherwise none.
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): I took Chinese herbs for a time after consulting a Chinese herbalist, but it was just for a couple of months. I couldn't tell you what they were, other than the course was tailored to me.
Fertility books, online resources etc you would recommend: A Child Against All Odds by Robert Winston, and So Close by Tertia Albertyn.

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Low viable sperm count.
Treatments he has had for the above: None
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): We bought him Chinese Herbs as well, but I think he took the damn things for about a week Useless male!

IVF
Fertility Clinic: F+
Consultant/FS: Whoever was on at the time
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Clinic and staff are brilliant, caring and would recommend them to anyone
Protocol you were on: Eep! I didn't take the pill before the cycle, and we did ICSI
How many eggs collected: 18 or so (very vague recollection sorry)
How many eggs fertilised: 13 or so (Ditto)
DH’s sample (fresh, frozen, TESA, PESA etc): Fresh
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1 embryo, day 5
Any frosties left: 5
Result: Pregnancy from cycle 1, 3 failed frozen embryo transfers for a second child, and a natural pregnancy approx 1-2 months after 3rd failed transfer.

Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
bikershaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikershaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 3:03pm
This is a great idea :-)

YOU
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis (fertility problem): unexplained
Treatments you have had for the above: clomid
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: one
Supplements taken while TTC: folic acid acupuncture
Special diet/nutrition: healthy food, limited caffeine and alcohol
Fertility books, online resources etc you would recommend: acupuncture, resting and try and enjoy it - if that's possible. I was terrified of all the needles for IVF but my hubby was amazing and had me laughing every time we did them. I made him do them as I just couldn't face injecting myself

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): no problem
Treatments he has had for the above: none
Supplements taken while TTC: limited caffeine and alcohol, healthy diet

IVF
Fertility Clinic: Fertility Plus
Consultant/FS: Paul Robinson
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Both were amazing and I'm going to return next month for FET. Would definitely recommend Paul, he was lovely.
Protocol you were on:
How many eggs collected: 9
How many eggs fertilised: 5
DH’s sample (fresh, frozen, TESA, PESA etc): fresh
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 2 embies
Any frosties left: 3 embies
Result: positive pregnancy. Sadly our lovely little girl was born with a rare heart and lung condition and passed away the next day

Good wishes, peace and baby dust to you all

S xxxx

Edited by bikershaz
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 3:21pm
bikershaz - we liked Paul so much after meeting him at F+ we used him as our obstetrician with our first baby (I was really upset that we wouldn't have him for this baby - I nearly considered commuting for OB appointments! ) and he was absolutely wonderful - love him to bits.

I am so, so sorry you lost your daughter

Edited by ginger
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 6:21pm
Hi Sunshinewife, very good idea:

YOU
How long TTC: 5
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Unexplained
Treatments you have had for the above: Lap & Dye, Clomid x 9
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: 0
Supplements taken while TTC: Elevit
Special diet/nutrition: No coffee or alchol
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): Acupuncture (but not seriosly)

PARTNER
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): None (typical male!)

IVF
Fertility Clinic: FA
Consultant/FS: Lakshmi Ravakanti
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Very happy
Protocol you were on: Long cycle
How many eggs collected: 11 eggs
How many eggs fertilised: 8 fert
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1 Day 3
Any frosties left: 4 frosties
Result: 3 x transfers, 1 x Chem that did rise but fell away after a couple of weeks, 1 x BFP unfort M/c at 7 weeks and 1 x BFN, other two frosties didn't survive the thaw.

Just started round # 2. Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by ScaredyCat
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
Caronz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caronz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 9:31pm
YOU
How long TTC: 2year DS, 1year #2
Diagnosis (fertility problem): MFI
Treatments you have had for the above: Nothing
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: 1 IVF with ICSI, 6xIUI
Supplements taken while TTC: folic acid
Special diet/nutrition: trying to eat healthy,need to lose weight

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): very low count
Treatments he has had for the above: nothing they can do
Supplements taken while TTC: nothing reccomended

IVF
Fertility Clinic: Fertility Assosiates
Consultant/FS: Freddy Graham
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Happy with everything
Protocol you were on: Now, Nothing but blood tests
How many eggs collected:18
How many eggs fertilised:4
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1 day 3
Any frosties left: nope
Result: Neg.

Lucky enough to have a personal Sperm donor and a fantastic wee man thanks to that, trying for #2 is proving a bit harder

TTC since 06 with MFI
IVF with ICSI 2007 BFN
DI Sept 08=BFP DS 06/09
TTC #2 since June 2010
DI#2 Aug10=BFP MC@10weeks
2011= 10 rounds of DI 4 with clomid- all neg
May 2012- IVF
Karnie34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnie34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 3:33pm
YOU
How long TTC: 5 years
Treatments you have had for the above: Lap & dye x2, hysteroscopy
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: 2
Supplements taken while TTC: Multi vitamin (can't remember name), Clomifen
Special diet/nutrition: I'm vego but also cut out caffeine and only had a little choc, tried chinese herbs
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): acupuncture, shiatsu, yoga and gym

PARTNER
Treatments he has had for the above: SA
Supplements taken while TTC: zinc

IVF
Fertility Clinic: FCH Hamburg, germany
Consultant/FS: Dr KC Loebbecke
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Wonderful!!
Protocol you were on: Short
How many eggs collected: 1st cycle - 8 eggs, 2nd cycle 10 eggs
How many eggs fertilised: 1st cycle - 2, 2nd cycle 6 (but 4 were genetically abnormal so left with 2)
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1st cycle - 2 transferred on day 3, 2nd cycle 2 transferred on day 2
Any frosties left: nope
Result: BFP on 2nd cycle. We did genetic testing on our second cycle and I would do that again as it weeded out the embies that weren't going to grow anyway. xxx
wispy_willow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 6:49pm
YOU
How long TTC: 2.5 years
Diagnosis (fertility problem): none, but low AMH
Treatments you have had for the above: -
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: 0
Supplements taken while TTC: folic acid
Special diet/nutrition: 100% strict vegetarian (since birth)
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): had 1st fertility acupuncture session the day after embryo transfer, and 2 weeks after that.

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): low sperm count (3 Million) and 50% motility
Treatments he has had for the above: nil
Supplements taken while TTC: zinc
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): -

IVF
Fertility Clinic: Fertility Associates Auckland
Consultant/FS: Freddie Graham
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Freddie is nice, but a bit ditzy??!!! Neil Buddicom and Richard Fisher however were wonderful when I saw them when Freddie was off
Protocol you were on: microdose flare, after first normal protocol only yielded 2 follicles so they stopped this and changed to microdose
How many eggs collected: 10
How many eggs fertilised: 8, and 4 made it through to day 3
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1, on Day 3
Any frosties left: 2 frosties
Result: Big Fat Positive and now 8 weeks pregnant
oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 6:57pm

YOU
How long TTC: 11 months found out no chance of concieving naturally
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Unsure if my endo would have played any part
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles:
Supplements taken while TTC: folic acid and multi vitamins
Special diet/nutrition: Tried to eat healthly, cut down on coffee, lots of water

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Low sperm count (under 1 million)

IVF
Fertility Clinic: Fertility Associates Wellington
Consultant/FS: John Hutton
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Fantastic support
Protocol you were on: Long cycle with the pill
How many eggs collected: 16
How many eggs fertilised: 11
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1 transferred at 3 days
Any frosties left: 7
Result: Postive result. Our little girl was 2 in January. Now trying to decide whether to use some of the frozen ones soon!
Crakleys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crakleys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 7:01pm
YOU
How long TTC: almost 3.5 years
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Initially unexplained, then discovered low AMH
Treatments you have had for the above: had hysterosalpinogram, MRI in tryng to diagnose
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: 1 IUI, 4 IVF
Supplements taken while TTC: Elevit, vit C, fish oil, royal jelly, selenium, zinc, B6, evening primrose (only until ovulation) - rattled!
Special diet/nutrition: No caffeine/alcohol. Upped antioxidants and tried to cut out rubbish.
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): Acupuncture for 18 months.

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): poor morphology
Supplements taken while TTC: Menevit, vit C, zinc,
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): Chinese herbs for about a year - don't know if it had any effect

IVF
Fertility Clinic: FA Waikato
Consultant/FS: Lakshmi Ravikanti
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Lakshmi and her nurses are great. I've had all the doctors and most of them are nice.
Protocol you were on: IVF 1: long course with the pill, IVF 2: Microdose flare, IVF 3: microdose flare plus colorado protocol, IVF4: Clomiphene and cetrotide plus colorado protocol. Upcoming IVF 5: microdose flare with 450 gonal F and colorado.
How many eggs collected: 2, 2, 1, 1
How many eggs fertilised: 1, 1, 1, 1
DH’s sample (fresh, frozen, TESA, PESA etc): fresh but will try TESA for IVF 5.
How many embryos transferred and on what day: one transferred on day 2, day 2, day 3, day 2
Any frosties left: Never any frosties :(
Result: IVF 1 was our best - BFP, made it to the scan when told I had had a missed miscarriage. (D&C)
IVF 2: BFP with touch and go HCG, it rose to 365 but then miscarried at 6 weeks.
IVF 3 - embryo was no good at transfer but we put it in anyway - BFN.
IVF 4 - BFN
IVF 5 - bring it on!! We are throwing everything at it to get the BFP we desire!!! Probably doing it in July/August. We first have to learn whether the clinic wants me to do a lap (last resort - never did one before as they didn't think it was necessary).

melskee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melskee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 7:38pm
YOU
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Possible blocked tube
Treatments you have had for the above: 3 cycles of clomiphine
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: 1
Supplements taken while TTC: Elevate
Special diet/nutrition: No cafeine, alchol and lots of water especially over the dreaded 2 week wait.
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): None
Fertility books, online resources etc you would recommend: The Ohbaby forum was a blessing

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Antibodies
Treatments he has had for the above: none

IVF
Fertility Clinic: FA AKL
Consultant/FS: Dr Fisher
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Very professional and lovely people but sometimes it does feel like a money making business.
Protocol you were on: ICIS
How many eggs collected: 21
How many eggs fertilised: 5
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1 transferd frozen 2 months after EC as had OHS
Any frosties left: 4 little darlings
Result: BFP - I'm 26 weeks and can't wait to meet our little man!

My wishes and thoughts are with all those that are currently going through IVF it is a tough journey but have faith you will get there!

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 7:51pm
YOU
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis (fertility problem): None for me
Treatments you have had for the above: N/A
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: None
Supplements taken while TTC: Just elevit
Special diet/nutrition: None
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): None
Fertility books, online resources etc you would recommend: www.everybody.co.nz

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): MFI (had vasectomy reversal but had antibodies that killed sperm)

IVF
Consultant/FS: Neil Buddicom
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Good, clinical but good
Protocol you were on: ICSI
How many eggs collected: 11
How many eggs fertilised: 8
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1 x 8-cell day three
Any frosties left: 2 x 8-cell day three, since disposed off as my family is complete.
Result: BFP

Edited by Lulu
Lou
gannet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gannet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 8:39pm
YOU
How long TTC: Can't remember exactly now but between 2.5 - 3 years
Diagnosis (fertility problem): unexplained, although my AMH wasn't too flash and I had very mild endo - but not bad enough to contribute to not getting pregnant
Treatments you have had for the above: Laperoscopy and hysteroscopy, 3 cycles of clomid that didn't work
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: nil
Special diet/nutrition: I gave up coffee the day I started taking the pill - I did drink decaf though. I'd cut down to one a day about a year prior to that and totally cut out coke/V etc.
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): I had weekly acupuncture for 3 months prior to starting IVF, weekly sessions during and a session both immediately before and after EC

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): borderline poor mobility and morphology
Treatments he has had for the above: Nil
Supplements taken while TTC: Menevit

IVF
Consultant/FS: Mary Birdsall
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Nothing but great things to say - Mary and her nurses were fantastic. Love her.
Protocol you were on: Microflare with pill
How many eggs collected: 12 (I'm pretty sure)
How many eggs fertilised: 11 (if 12 is correct - all but one did)
How many embryos transferred and on what day: one blasty on day five
Any frosties left: three day 6 blasties
Result: A beautiful nine month old daughter

bikershaz, I'm so sorry about your daughter hun. All the best for your FET - sending you loads of baby dust.

And Rooella - HUGE amounts of baby dust to you too - you soo deserve a baby hun.

And baby dust to everyone else too - hang in there ladies.

Edited by gannet
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2011 at 11:15am
YOU
How long TTC: 3 years + (including IVF)
Diagnosis (fertility problem): No fertility issue
Treatments you have had for the above: nil
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: nil
Special diet/nutrition: Exercise and started a sureslim diet specifically used to help with fertility and leveling of hormones.
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): nil
Fertility books, online resources etc you would recommend: nil

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Poor mobility and morphology - all tests taken to find reason, not genetic, never smoked, doesn't drink, not overweight and does exercise regularly - so unexplained.
Treatments he has had for the above: Nil
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): nil

IVF
Consultant/FS: Dr VP Singh
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Amazing people!! Had the best of care.
Protocol you were on: 2 x IVF ICSI - Long course with pill
How many eggs collected: 13 for first treatment and 12 for second
How many eggs fertilised: roughly 6 for both cycles.
How many embryos transferred and on what day: one blasty on day 3 or 5 - can't remember
Any frosties left: none for the first cycle and one for the second.
Result: BFN for IVF ICSI #1, BFN for IVF ICSI #2 and BFP with our one and only frosty.

Edited by Kazper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineWife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2011 at 1:02pm
Wow Kazper, you had quite a journey, ah!? How did you cope with the BFN in the first round, and how long did you wait before doing another IVF cycle? Was your second cycle also a long one with the pill?

I am currently waiting for that 'feeling' or a sign that it's time to try another IVF cycle... but don't think mentally I'm ready yet, I simply can't visualise a BFP at the end of it....and to me that means a lot :-/

Gosh, am still marvelling at how lucky you were to finally turn that little frostie into a BFP and a healhty bub! That's the type of stories I was hoping to read :) gives me so much encouragement!

also, can I ask what test your DH did to find out it wasn't genetic? Are you talking about the Y chromosome micro deletion?

Thanks heaps! :)
Me 27, DH 25 (MFI)
kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2011 at 1:14pm

YOU
How long TTC: Started sept 2009 - conceived Jan 2011 (18 months)
Diagnosis (fertility problem): None
Treatments you have had for the above: None
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: 1 IVF ICSI cycle, one TER.
Supplements taken while TTC: Folic acid
Special diet/nutrition: None
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): Nothing
Fertility books, online resources etc you would recommend: Nothing specific

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): Male Factor Infertility
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): Nothing specific

IVF
Consultant/FS: Mary Birdsall
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Great experience. Very caring and great communication.
Protocol you were on: Cant remember - long I think?!?
How many eggs collected: 8
How many eggs fertilised: 4
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1 Transfered on day 5
Any frosties left: 1 frozen
Result: Fresh transfer failed. TER with frostie successful.
Due 14/10/11
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2011 at 2:03pm
Awwww sunshineWife I felt exactly the same hun. We waited 6 months to do the second round of ivf. I gained some weight during the first one because I got milk OHSS and the dr and DH suggested I take some time out and felt personally I wanted to get my health back on track again for the second one.

Actually the genetic part the dr just asked if any men in his family had issues with having children lol, but they all bread like rabbits, so they just assumed it wasn't genetic, but he had bloods for everything, even cholesterol etc (dr did health check) and it came back really good and because of history with no smoking and the fact he never drank they put it down to unexplained. They could have gone in to it further, but that would have been a lot of money and still wouldn't have gotten us our baby.

Yes both cycles were long courses. My dosages for drugs were changes second time round due to the mild OHSS from the first cycle.

Re coping, really hard. The dread of having one cycle over like that and only one left scared me a lot. Especially when the second one didn't work. I had heard that there is less chance with a frostie and our dr said he didn't think it would work and that we needed to look in to other options, but low in behold, miracles do happen

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2011 at 4:01pm
YOU
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis (fertility problem): low egg reserve, PCOS, high FSH
Treatments you have had for the above: IVF
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: 2 full cycles
Supplements taken while TTC: currently TCM, folic
Special diet/nutrition: currently low GI eating, nothing cold and all fruit and vegies cooked
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): Acupuncture currently. Did naturopath for last FET.
Fertility books, online resources etc you would recommend: C&B podcast, The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): failed vasectomy reversal
Treatments he has had for the above: IVF
Supplements taken while TTC: Currently on Menevit
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): Nil!

IVF
Fertility Clinic: Repromed ChCh
Consultant/FS: Greg Phillipson
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Very focused on medical model, generally really caring and helpful.
Protocol you were on: 1st = 'long', 2nd = 'atagonist', this time = 'long' with Colorado Protocol
How many eggs collected: 1st = 9, 2nd = 6
How many eggs fertilised: 1st = 8, 2nd = 5
DH’s sample (fresh, frozen, TESA, PESA etc): PESA each time
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1st = 1 fresh blastocyst, 2nd = 2 fresh, day 3
Any frosties left: 1st = 2 blastocysts, 2nd = 2 day 3
Result: Over 2 cycles = 3 blastocysts and 3 Day3 embryo's over 4 transfers = all BFN.

Looking forward to cycle #3 being the one for me!! Have lost 14kg since my 'biggest' so hoping this may help?!
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
minxynzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minxynzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2011 at 5:13pm
YOU
How long TTC: N/A - No longer had fallopian tubes (but have a 19 year old son conceived naturally

Diagnosis (fertility problem): as above
Treatments you have had for the above: none
Number or previous IVF/IUI cycles: none
Supplements taken while TTC: none
Special diet/nutrition: none
Other treatments/ alternative therapies you have tried (fertility yoga, acupuncture, naturopath etc. How long, where, any other details that might be helpful): none

PARTNER
Diagnosis (fertility problem): none
Treatments he has had for the above: n/a
Supplements taken while TTC: none
none

IVF
Fertility Clinic: Fertility Associates Wellington
Consultant/FS: Stegmann
Feedback about the clinic and FS: Professional, candid, warm
Protocol you were on: IVF
How many eggs collected: 12
How many eggs fertilised: 12
How many embryos transferred and on what day: 1 blasty on day 5
Any frosties left: 3
Result: BFP