FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedY judge us???Nobodys perfect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Tami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Y judge us???Nobodys perfect
    Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:31pm
Im a very young mother,infact im only 14!.I hate it how every one judges me and all the other teenage mothers out there(cuz theres alot!).When i found out i was pregnant i was very shocked because i didnt believe my body could handle a baby and i was very scared but why should i kill or give up a healthy baby?

My baby is here.A healthy baby boy and i love him to bits.Hes my first baby(of course)and im in a school for pregnant and young mothers and i love it and all the other girls.

I just want to no what every one else thinks about the whole 'young mums' thing.

Sponsored Links

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 6:49pm
Hi Tami,

Personally I think 14 is very young to have a baby, but the fact that you stepped up to the plate and have accepted responsibility is a mature step in itself, alot of girls your age have abortions etc. Good on you for staying in school, I doubt it's easy raising bubs and keeping up with school work. Unfortunately young mums along with single mums are always going to cop an unfair amount of flak, usually by people that have no idea what they are talking about. I wish lots of luck and happiness for the future with your beautiful bubs.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 10:35pm
Wow tami

14 is pretty young!!! But as Vick said, good on you for taking responsibilty, and staying in school!!!!! Wow, that's great. And you know, people judge you on something, no matter What you do. Just gotta learn to ignore them and do what you feel is best. I guess one thing that comes from having a baby a little later, I can say to anyone with confidence "yeah? well that's none of your business". Good luck with your bubba. What's his name?
Tami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 1:32pm
his names Khayle james(khayle is said kale most people cant read it lol).today hes 1 month old
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 2:26pm
Hey Tami,

I used to judge I remember seeing a girl at the beginning of last year who was 3 years younger than me (She was about 15)who had had twins. I felt so sorry for her that she had given up so much by getting pregnant so young. Wowwwwwwweeeeeeee was I wrong!!! and how rude of me to judge, as if that would have helped her!

I got pregnant and had my baby at 19 and knowing how much it means when you hear someone say "Congratulations on your pregnancy" or "what a beautiful baby", never again will I offer anything other than congratulatory words to someone having a child.

I still get looked at like I am a drain on society. One of the many welfare cases out there. But I know that I have accepted the challenge that being a mother is, and I am going to prove to everyone that I can do it, and do it well.

I think it is up to all young mothers to make the most of their opportunity to have a baby and succeed at life. I'm still going to university and haven't had to extend my degree as I have studied right through. I'm still going to do everything I have ever wanted, I've just got someone to share it all with me.

Good on you for continuing your school work. I hope you do really well, you'll have someone, despite all the people who look down on young mothers, that will be proud of you no matter what!
Tami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 2:46pm
yeah if any thing i think that the young mothers are better.because of my age i get no money at all for my little 1.im lucky my mums helping out and we made a deal that when im old enough i will give her $100 a week 2 pay her back.its really hard 4 me.his father wants a dna test and is being a c**t about it.most young mothers find it harder but we all cope.i love my son very much and im learning not to care wat people say and think because im not the only young mum out there and their are mums a lot younger then i am!!!thanks 4 helping me see that im not alone and that every ones always gonna judge me because of my age!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 10:20pm
hey Tami. everyone will jusge regardless of age!!! bu the funny thing is when you think that everyone is watching you and you feel uncomfortable, remember that they are probably thinking "evryone is looking at my huge butt/ huge zit/ wonky boobs..etc" most people are too wrapped up in themselves to think about others....myself included!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 3:54pm
that really sucks that you can't get help from the government. it's going to be 4 years until you are eligible for the dpb right?

does khayle's father qualify for legal aid? if he wants a dna test then if he doesn't qualify he's going to have to come up with a lot of money!
Tami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 5:30pm
yeah i no.na dont think he does hes working and 16 so yeah.i tiold him he can have it done...hes paying...all me and my mum r paying is the $50 for legal aid!.he really doesnt no wat hes missing out on so its his fault!!!!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:22pm
Tami you sound like you have really stepped up and are a good mum. I like to believe that no matter what age you are everyone has the potential to be a great mum, it's up to them whether or not they turn out that way. My sis was 15 when she got preg and 16 when she had her little boy. She hasn't changed, she still parties, drinks smokes and does all manner of other things, my mum has guardianship of my nephew who's now 6 and a half months, and my sister still lives with mum and yet hardly even speaks to her son at all, doesn't pick him up when he cries, and does nothing for him at all.

But you, sound like you are doing well and have a good head on your shoulders, keep up the great work, it's hard being a mum and even harder with society looking down on you. The best way to show them they are wrong is to carry on with what you are doing. Everyone thought it was the end of my life when i got pregnant at the end of my 1st year of nursing. well, i have 1 year left to go, i have had 2 children while i have been studying and yet still i am carrying on. i will finish 6 months short of my 5 year limit, all my classmates i began with have graduated, but once i graduate i will already have a family, as well as a career - some people will never be that lucky. don't let what others think get to you... when you see someone looking at you badly hold your head high and smile at them.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 7:06am
Tami, just remember there are a lot of people who are at the so called "acceptable age" of having children that abuse or neglect them. My sister was 18 and had a beautufil daughter who slpet through the night from birth and always did as she was told (unusual I know) and she decided when her daughter was two that she wanted her old life back, so she just handed her to mum and said bye. Age doesn't automatcally give you the skills for being aa better parent only time ,love and effort will give you that.

Janine you should be so proud of yourself. Raising a child is hard work, to work through nursing at the same time (My sister doesn't have a child and she stuggled and eventually quit this course it was so hard) shows how dedicated you are. I'm betting you are going to make a great nurse.

What childless people don't realise is yes having a child is the end of your life. But only apects of your old life. it's also the start of a better more enriching life where you get the uncondtional love of a person that you created. What could beat that.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 4:48pm
hey tami

im a young mum my daughter is now 13 months old i had her wen i was 17 which i thort was young but from the moment i found out i was pregnant there was no way i could have got rid of her at all im gald i kept her and i still am till this day i love her more than anything. and good on i bet your son is jsut beautiful its good to talk to young mums cause i dont really no many. by the way cool name.

Rachel and Brianna
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 3:05pm
Nikki, you are so right - the only people who told me 'congratulations' when I fell pregnant with Maya were my grandparents - they were the only ones who didn't seem to think that having her would ruin my life.
I was 21 when I got pregnant with Maya, which is young but not that young, and I was half way thru uni, with a career planned, and instead I ended up a single Mum, struggling to get thru uni on a benefit.
Maya is now 2 1/2, her dad and I are getting married next year, and I am working as a writer just as I planned before I got pregnant. People did look down on me when I was pregnant, but that just gave me more determination to succeed at what I wanted to do.
And I don't for a moment regret having her. Vick is right, it is the end of your life, but only your old life, having a baby is the start of a whole new life, and being Mum to Maya is greater than any plans I could ever have made.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:57am
Being a young mum is so hard, i was 18 when I got preg... People automaticlly pressume young mum bad mum, when I went in2 unexpected labour with Caleb @ 26weeks 1st thing they did waa drug and alchol testme, I felt terrible, He spent time in the neo nates where a met a 15yr old mum, she seemed really un aware as to wat having a child meant, I later found out her child was early due to doing drugs, and when they took her home after 3mnths she was back in 2mnths with nearly every bone in her body broken, she had continued to drink an party and do drugs while breastfeeding and taking the baby to partys where she was dropped and abused, by her, her friends and her partner, they left baby at home alone and where just terrible,they crushed voltaren and gave it to her to stop her crying.. when it made the papers the headline started along the line of teen parents to young to cope... stereo typing that all teen young mums wont cope, it makes me mad.. Congratulations on stepping up and doing whats right for your son, youll will have time to get out and have a life eventually but im glad you are doing whats best for your son now, and wow its great your still in school
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 11:16am
thats terrible Judith!!!   but you know what, my brother-in-laws' sister-in-law (geddit??) is drug addled! She had a drug dependant baby...well she had two, until she decided to kill herself one day and threw her baby off a bridge. It died and baby two was given to my brother-in-law and his partner. Baby 2 is now NOT okay and has a lot of emotional and psychiatric problems.....now She was in her 30s!! So goes to show that teenage parents and child abuse are not linked at all!
angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 6:01pm
14 is very young to have a baby - I know I wouldnt have been ready for a baby when I was 14. Maturity plays a very big part in it all and you sound very mature and responsible Tami. Good on you

I was 19 when I got pregnant and 20 when my daughter was born, but in a completely different situation - my husband I and got married before I turned 19.
Aimee
Ella - 5.5 years old!
Toby - nearly 3 years old!
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:35am
OMG that is terrible... its a mazing what some people do... Ive just had a friend comit suicide, no drugs... her lil one was only 6mnths old... I just dont see how it could ever be that bad, god we all have bad days and you think you cant go on, but when you look into your childrens eyes, how could you ever leave them without you????? Or leave your family wondering WHY?? I feel terrible for my friend that nobody actually realised it was THAT BAD!!!! life is a funny thing and sometimes it will test you and take you to the limits, I dont agree with suicide.. I think it takes a strong person to do it but a selfish person to leave that kind od mess behind themm...
Sorry im way off the topic
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 2:54pm
i completely agree with u Judith!!!!
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 8:07pm
Unless you have been there, you really can judge  - To be so low you think about Suicide is a very horrible place to be, to be so out of control.  Suicide is a selfish thing to do, but to be in that place, is just hell, its so scary, when you just can't take any more...

Edited by lou
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:48pm

yeah I was boarding with a family freind who was seeing a guy whod had issues etc and he commited suicide because  their relationship didnt work out and he had a meltdown.We all believe to this day that he was just trying to use it as a scare tactic but obviosly it went further than he planned.It gave me the heebie geebies when we found out he had died cos i was sittin in the lounge with him while he was writing the letter.he asked me how to spell sympathy....... little did I no.

This was about 2 1/2-3 yrs ago now.U do have to be in a low dark place to commit suicidel.its soooo sad to think people can get that unhappy.

I agrreed with Judith on that particular incident about the mother.so sad for the baby.

thats the thing with suicidal people tho is that they dont talk to people so NO ONE knows they are that bad untill its too late.

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>