FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight loss programmes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight loss programmes
    Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:13am
I really want to loose weight and have a rowing machine a pilates ball, DVD, resistance band combo.
Would also like to join some sort of 'dieting' programme.
Am considering Sure Slim as it has a breastfeeding scheme and is a one off payment.
What has worked for you?
Any ideas, tips etc?
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:18am

I joined WW and I find it great. They have a BF plan and you get to eat heaps. I have been doing it for 5 months and the weight is slowly coming off.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:28am
Sure Slim is SO expensive. I've known a couple of people to go on the programme, without any significant long-term results. Sure, the weight comes off quickly, but you don't learn to adapt your lifestyle to it. And I noticed that you have to buy speciality foods like all sorts of random seeds and nuts and oils. It just seemed like too much of a gimmick.

I've been doing Weight Watchers since August. The main bonus with WW is that you only need to make slight adjustments to your lifestyle in order to see results. You don't need to buy speciality foods, and you still get to have treats!!! And because you've learned how to make better choices and developed good habits, it's something that will stay in your mind for the rest of your life, even if you're not on the actual programme. I've lost 16kg in 5 months
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:29am
weight watchers is the only programme i 'believe' in
i don't know much about sureslim, can you eat what you want? that's the thing i love about ww, you can eat whatever you like within reason...there's no restrictions so you don't actually feel deprived of the things you love

i've successfully lost 10kgs on ww (pre-kids) and am now trying to lose 5kgs by doing it at home with the books i got from last time.

pilates is excellent too!! i love it. without sounding like a informercial, it really does flatten your belly and shape your butt and thighs   20mins a day, 3 times a week is enough for me to notice a difference

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:30am
What Pilates programme have you got, Vanessa? I'm currently looking into getting a pilates DVD but there are SOOO many out there, I have no idea what to choose!
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:32am
I am WW fan as well, it teaches you to make sensible choices - sure you can have a Wendy's frosty but that is all you can have all day, unless you save points to allow for it during the week. I have great success on it in the past, I am just bad at keeping up with it!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:46am
Friend of mine did Sure Slim paid $800 and only stuck at it for a few weeks, she found it quite restrictive and had to eat lots of nuts and seeds.

I'm a WW fan too, life long member it would seem.
I think its the accountability of the weekly meetings that keep me on track.

I also find I can't lose weight without exercise, reducing my food intake alone doesn't work.

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 12:24pm

I have the WW pilates dvd and it is really good. I got it at the meeting.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 12:27pm
I have windsor pilates, it really works if you stick to it.

I'm also at WW, though my eating hasn't changed all that much despite sticking to their plan so I don't know if it will work for me.
almostthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 12:31pm
My friend tried sureslim, and she managed to keep at it, but found that it was just to hard to do long term. ANd you guys are right, lots of weird foods.. Like that mountain bread!
Then i saw another frined who tried it, and she had the same diet as my other friend.. I was a little suspicious.

I know alot of people find it hard but ive found the way ive been losing weight to be really good.
Just making healthy choices MOST of the time. Ok, so occaisionally i hae a choc or i have some wine. But I eat to me. So, if im hungry i eat something. I guess it also helps that im diabetic and have to really watch everything that goes into my mouth to keep in control of the dreaded blood sugars.. They really suck sometime but I find that if i watch my sugars, i am also watching what i eat..

I also go to a gym, but its not for everybody.

BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 12:35pm
Thanks for your input! Good to know about hte wierd foods etc.
Am setting up meetings with WW and sureslim so I can quiz them
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 12:43pm
My friend has done SureSlim with success but personally it leaves me cold. For example thanks to them carbs are branded as evil....I'm not a fan of those sort of programmes. Like others I'm a weight watchers fans as it teaches balance and sensible choices.

Good luck with the weight loss!

Maybe we need a new weight loss support thread???

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:09pm
Yeah I agree, Paws. The other one died off a bit, didn't it?!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:20pm
Maybe Emma can sticky one?

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:30pm

I do know that it was asked if we could have a seperate forum for weight loss as there are some losing weight after having a baby and some losing weight to TTC.

I would love either a sticky or a seperate thread as my support person has left me for a bit.

IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:48pm
Just wanted to say congrats Kirst that is a HEAP of weight to lose in that short amount of time! Good on you girl you must look fab :)
Dal x
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:49pm
I would still love a separate forum!!!

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 2:24pm
A sticky thread would be great, but a separate forum would be better!

Thanks Dal!!! I feel fab
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 2:25pm
BabyOnBoard - I'm envious that you have a rowing machine!! I really would like one. There's one at work in their tiny gym that I haven't even touched though so I think it would probably be a bad investment for us to get one I'd love love LOVE a treadmill.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 2:33pm

I like the idea of a seperate forum. As its a support thing that could be included in the support ones.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>