FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune/July 1st birthday party!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June/July 1st birthday party!!!
    Posted: 26 April 2009 at 2:51pm
JUNE/JULY 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY & 'SECRET BABY'

I know it is still almost 3 months away, but I thought we needed a centralised thread to get ourselves organised, cos I keep asking the same questions then forgetting who's said they're coming and doing the present thing.

So, here are the details so far!

DATE Saturday 27th June, 2009

TIME TBA - any suggestions on this one? Lunchtime? Early afternoon?

LOCATION Kaukapakapa Fire Station, northwest of Auckland (it's 35 mins from the harbour bridge or the end of the northwestern motorway) - directions later

ACCOMMODATION Those who live out of town or on the other side of Auckland have a few options for places to stay. There's room for a couple of families to stay at my place, just up the road from the fire station, I also believe Emma (Maya) has offered a spare room, any other Aucklanders have a spare room or two?

WHO'S COMING?
Sign in here if your name isn't already down! Partners & siblings welcome, just let us know how many to expect please

Maya - Emma & Chiara, plus Maya & gremlins
weegee - Rach, JJ & DH
Flissty - Felicity, Daniel & DH
blondy - Andrea, Natalie (& DH?)
anakk - Anna, Clara & DH
sarahbetha - Sarah, Ryan & DH
kimmies - Kimberley & Matilda (FDH & Georgia?)
Kye - Kylie, Jayden & DH
sottise - Karen & Amelie (& DH?) (we will get you there one way or another!)

SECRET BABY!
This is an idea blatantly stolen from Jan/Feb (thanks guys!). We're doing a birthday present thing where we all put our names in and they will be secretly matched up (by lilfatty or MrsMojo) so we only buy a present for one other baby. This is open to everybody in our threads, not just those coming to the party, including those overseas (shopping online makes our world that much smaller... or maybe Hayzie and KK could supply an alternative (kiwi) address? Grandparents?)

So please also sign in if you can't make it for the party but are keen for the secret baby thing. I'm happy to be a receiving point for pressies so they can be handed out at the party. We can arrange addresses etc by PM once we're all sorted.    

I'm proposing a $30 upper limit on presents, but this is an upper limit, not a guideline - spending less is perfectly acceptable. (I was going to say $20 but thought I'd give it a little more flexibility. Feedback welcomed, this can be changed!)

SECRET BABY SIGNUP (* indicates not coming to party)
Sign up by Mother's Day (May 10) please - copy and paste the signup list and asterisk your baby's name if you can't make the party.

Chiara
JJ
Daniel
Natalie
Clara
Ryan
Tilly
Jayden
Amelie
Cruz*

Sorry if you have already said you're coming or you're in for the pressie thing and I have left you off - please just add yourself.

Edited by weegee

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 4:26pm
Wow, how organised are you . I may be able to convince himself to grace us with his presence, but don't count on him just yet.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 4:29pm
wow go weegee! thank you you rock!
[/url]
MorgansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorgansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 6:59pm
Sign up by Mother's Day (May 10) please - copy and paste the signup list and asterisk your baby's name if you can't make the party.
Hi Guys

We will do the present thing but wont make the party

Hope you all have a great time
Chiara
JJ
Daniel
Natalie
Clara
Ryan
Tilly
Jayden
Amelie
Cruz*
Libby*
Morgan, Libby

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 10:29pm
Hmmm, you know it's not almost 3 months, it's 2 months tomorrow! Scary, that means my baby is almost 10 months old

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 11:50pm
Its a bit far for us to come but we will do the secret baby

Chiara
JJ
Daniel
Natalie
Clara
Ryan
Tilly
Jayden
Amelie
Cruz*
Caden*

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 4:05pm
The next Saturday is the 4th which is closer to Max's birthday Jess But that's ok, we know it's a busy time of year for all of us! Do you want to do the secret baby thing though?

Gaelic Lass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 3:28pm
Good organisation Weegee!!!

I was thinking lunchtime might be a better time for us - since we will be travelling from Tauranga.

and

Chiara
JJ
Daniel
Natalie
Clara
Ryan
Tilly
Jayden
Amelie
Cruz*
Caden*
Matilda

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 5:41pm
LOL kimmies, I'll take "Tilly" off the list then

Chiara
JJ
Daniel
Natalie
Clara
Ryan
Jayden
Amelie
Cruz*
Libby*
Caden*
Matilda

Edited by weegee

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 5:48pm
Bumpety bump! Last day to sign up! I want to start pressie shopping or creating so if you haven't signed up now's your chance, we'll be organising the matchup soon. I'm thinking as much as possible it'd be good to have opposite genders matched up - I know I would love to buy something girly for a change!

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 6:47pm
Looks good to me, we're in
Mum to two wee boys
Rowena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 10:38pm
Auckland is just so far away for us - practically overseas!!! But I hope yopu all have a great time. Jamie will be turning 1 the week before and will have to spend the day in Queenstown watching big sis play soccer.

congrats to all you first time mums who have made it through the first year. I t is likely to be the most intense, frustrating and hardest year you will ever go through but so totally worth it.

I got a quotation book for mothers day the best one being -

THERE ARE SUPREME TESTS OF ENDURANCE: CLIMBING EVEREST, CROSSING THE GOBI, SAILING SINGLE HANDED AROUND THE WORLD AND BEING A MUM.

Treasure your babies whatever they do.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:44pm

Yeah lunchtime or a late lunch is best weegee. Kimmies is further but it's still a hell of a drive form the tron.
But DH is so excited, he loves road trips.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 7:49pm
Bumpity bump!

We haven't sorted a time yet, but early afternoon works for us if that suits everyone else. Willie can only come if it's afternoon.

Sottise - if it's just you and Amelie, we can squish you in our car, but if your DH is coming it's a no-go - unless he sits in the boot
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 9:20pm
Yep I reckon lunch-early afternoon too, in between naps... obviously I'm easy

Very exciting - the first secret baby pressie arrived at my house this week

Us Auckland girls (including Kye ) need to organise the food too... any volunteers for any stuff in particular?

Cake: weegee
Soft drinks/juice etc for grownups: weegee

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 7:24pm
I'm not fussed, I'm assuming we're thinking finger-type foods so we don't have to worry about plates etc.?

I'll do cocktail sausages and sauce, and a box of Chicken Crimpy shapes (dairy free) and a packet of mini hundreds and thousands biscuits.

(notice how I skillfully avoided cooking/baking )
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
scribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 2:08pm
What can I bring? Some baking and juice etc? Fruit? (although that may not travel well?) I'll have a think - or let me know what is needed and I'll bring that

Do you need anything else Weegee, like paper plates/cups etc? serviettes?
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 2:14pm
Nope, DH got all organised and went and got all the plates/cups/serviettes etc so we're all good on that front.

You're really not expected to bring any food Anna, considering how far you're coming! I do think some fruit would be an excellent idea but perhaps someone closer should pick that.

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 7:45pm
Yay for your DH weegee

Is there an oven there to warm things up?

Was thinking sausage rolls (though maybe too similar to Emma's cheerios) or wee pie things, and some bread/cheese/dips/meats (sorry SB).

Are we allowed beer for the boys (and the overtired mums?)

Also need to sort out girls night out, but I'll go back to the July thread for that!
Mum to two wee boys
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 8:01pm
Yup, there's an oven, microwave, dishwasher, zip etc all there. My DH is certainly taking some beer so I'm sure he'd be happier if someone was to join him!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>