FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNational or Labour?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National or Labour?
    Posted: 22 May 2008 at 2:58pm
I'm curious.. if you don't mind sharing..

Who do you like better.. National or Labour??

I personally think Helen Clark is a snob with a big stick up her bum, I like John Key better.

But I think I like Labour better in general. But Michael Cullen is a right ass as well.
Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:00pm
National for me...for sooo many reasons..but a friend of mine pointed out that National will get rid of WFF....surey not? but I;d rather that than Labour:) sorry it's one of THOSE topics:) though they have done some good things!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:06pm

hmm what about other parties?? Not just National and Labour to vote for... Though I understand that they will be the power holders...

I haven't decided yet I dont think.  I used to think National, but think that John Key is not the right guy... I don't really like Helen either tho...

Hmm will keep an eye on this thread and see what others have to say...

Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:06pm
Neither, but in the absence of a good alternative (coz no matter what Willie thinks the Greens will never be the majority party *rolls eyes*) I'd have to say it's time for a change, and I quite like John Key.

LOL at the image of Helen Clark with a stick up her bum

Funnily enough Willie and I had this same discussion/argument at 4am, I was far more interested in sleep but he was wide awake and all political, which considering he never exercises his right to vote is laughable.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:13pm
I realise there are other parties involved, but one of those parties will have the major power.

I use to like the Greens, now I think they are being a bit stupid

If Michael Cullen and Helen Clark would bugga off. I'd be very happy with Labour, just because I have liked some of their stuff, putting money into health, education, WFF and things like that whereas National couldn't give a rats ass about those areas
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:19pm
There both as bad as each other I don't want either of them to win.

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:21pm
I agree with CT - but John Key especially gets my back up policies notwithstanding. He reminds me of some arrogant b*strd I went to school with

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:31pm
I don't like John Key either. Can't tell you why, I just don't.

I usually vote a minority party to throw a spanner in the works but it's pretty close this year so I guess I'll have to choose between one of the biggies.

I'm not keen on National's take from the poor and give to the rich policies either and I need WFF for another few years so I'll probably vote labour to keep that around.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:34pm
do you think they will et rid of it.. i think maybe they will get a lot of votes just because people cant afford to lose it..something corrupt about that(on the govt's behalf not the people)
Mum to two amazing boys!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:34pm

Labour

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:54pm
I don't particularly like any of the politicians but I agree more with Labour's political philosophy.

I haven't found an issue where I would take National's stance yet.

Apart from that, I could vote for a smaller party but I know I would feel uncomfortable if National won more seats than Labour.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:00pm
I do think that National would either scrap or reduce WFF severley to deliver their tax cuts, how they are trying to beat labours tax cuts
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:03pm
labour.....mostly because we simply could not live without WFF these days!   can you imagine the chaos that would cause

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:04pm
I can't see them taking WFF away, it's existed in one form or another since long before it's current incarnation, before there was WFF there was Family Support for low income families, the WFF just extended the number of people who were eligible.
National are promising other benefits for low/middle income earners for example tax cuts to put $50 more per week in the pockets of the average working family.
At the risk of sounding completely anti-welfare, I've always voted ACT in the past, I like their hard line stance on social issues, but I haven't heard much out of them recently that inspires me.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

At the risk of sounding completely anti-welfare, I've always voted ACT in the past, I like their hard line stance on social issues, but I haven't heard much out of them recently that inspires me.

Me too Emma! I am leaning more towards John Key this time TBH.
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:09pm
hmmm i dont know,

Yes i do! vote for me ! i'll be primeminister instead

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:15pm
Great idea! Vote for The Kelly!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:42pm
We have just been talking about this here at work....basically it's time for a change in who runs the government, but all of us still prefer Helen over John Keys, I just think he is focussing on the wrong things. The whole tax cut thing in the budget doesn't make a huge amount of difference to me personally - maybe $10 a week in the hand if I'm lucky - and of course, with no children, WFF doesn't apply just yet (maybe next year!!) so there's not a whole lot of apples that are enticing me either way at the moment. Gutted about the student allowance thresholds going up - last year I was a whole $20 over the threshold based on Mum and Dad's income.
Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 5:14pm
National, without a doubt!
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 5:22pm
Labour.
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>