FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYAY we have set a date!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YAY we have set a date!
    Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:06pm
Woo hoo - all this health scare stuff has given mike a kick in the right direction - he has been thinking alot about things lately and we had been talking about actually getting off our butts and getting married - since we have been engaged for close to 5 years now.

We have now officially set a date.. 1st March 2008. Which at first i thought was ages away - but now realise it's only 18 months and there's so much to do!
Where did you palmy ladies have ceremonies etc - right now we are swaying towards Wharerata up at massey cos it's beautiful.. but will have to go have a look in the next few months and book it.. there's also another place by aokoutere called pat's secret garden and that looks pretty gorgeous too.    Went looking at wedding dresses yesterday and realised i HAVE NO IDEA! there was one thati kept coming back to and was just acptivated by, but it's $2000 so will have to rethink that.. of try and find a budget version lol. trying to get away without too much extravagance and expense if possible, just have a nice wedding without too many bells and whistles. lol.

Now that it's all becomming a reality i have realised that theres so much to do and i dunno where to start.

We do however know that we are going to ask that in lieu of pressies (since we already have everything we need!!) that each guest pays for their meal which is $35 a head if we go with wharerata. so we'll see.

Any ideas etc would be great.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:11pm
We had our ceremony and reception at the BathHouse. It was awesome!!

But pats secret garden is really nice!!!

As for dresses. If you wanna go a bit cheaper use 4 seasons bridal which is a part of the design and bridal studio now. All the dresses I looked at through them were under 1000. Otherwise theres always Simpsons dress hire. They had some really nice ones in there when I was being nosey while my girls were getting fitted.

If you want ideas etc. It was only in april that I got married. So it's still pretty fresh in my mind
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:18pm
Congratulations Janine! How exciting
My Dad got married a couple of years ago at a place called Highden Manor. It's a gorgeous place, and not too expensive I'd guess, as theirs was a very low-budget wedding.
This is the website if you're interested.

http://www.highden.org/

Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:21pm
yahoo - how exciting....

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:21pm
kewl - i went up to that bridal studio place in thel ink arcade cos they have a sale on at the mo - just to have al ook. I think that our bridesmaids dresses and the girls dresses will be made at this stage because mike insists that the colours have to be that cobalt blue, and we want the guys shirts that colour - so thought if they were made then they would be the same colour and fabric - plus mike's mum is a very advanced wonderful sewer - so may have to possibly ask her if she would consider it. I know that our girls will have white dresses, with fairy petals in rainbow colours over top of the dress, and since it looks as though Ayja will have the curls too we are going to make the most of it and prob have their hair mainly down, with a garland/halo of flowers.

I think we will save some money on the invites by doing them ourselves.. but we'll see.   I mean i am a bit of a party planner nut so I'm sure i'll come up with something!!

Will definately be dropping you a line if i need help though.

mrs frantic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs frantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:38pm
Janine a bunch of us who have joined here (me, Wendz, Jes, Baalamb, Kelly, Becks and a few other I think I cant think right now) were also on another forum which is really good for wedding planning - really good to get recommedtions for venues, caterers etc etc...
here it is if you are interested...
http://www.nzweddingplanner.co.nz/asp/discussion/default.asp
I found it really helpful...
Mrs Frantic
Baby Maddisyn born 28 Sept 2006
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:42pm
Good on yah Frantic I was going to suggest that. Janine I can so recommend my photographer PM if you want her details and if you want to see the photos I have millions (i've got a link for you to see them online). I got married at Kaingahou on Pioneer Highway, but I'm not sure if they are still doing wedding ceremonies there as it has just been sold or still in the process. We had our reception at the Kingsgate and it was a great meal and service and they give you a suite to stay in the night of you wedding for nothing. But if want any help I can help you with any vendors to look at or to stay away from.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:42pm
Janine, friends of ours used our printer to do their invites. they bought the paper bulk from Warehouse Stationary and just typed and printed. They then put them together with some ribbon and fancy stuff, but they looked really beautiful and were a fraction of the cost.

as for venues, my freinds had a really laid back wedding in Pohangana. they rented the YMCA cabins, (bunk beds!), we all stayed the night and the wedding was held in a "bush chapeL" which was really sweet. All the wedding guests got vials and bubble mix and all the kids (and us!) spent the ccermenoy blowing bubbles. The photos from it were amazing!

Oh, and congratulations!
nicola86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicola86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:58pm
congrats

Well my wedding is dated 02/02/2008 so we are close together. I would look at a celebrant if your not getting married in a church as the one i wanted only had one day free so it is good to book early :)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 2:34pm
Yay Janine! You guys will beat Willie and I to it at this rate lol!

Could you maybe get your MIL to make a copy of the dress you saw that you loved? Might work out cheaper and you would still get what you wanted.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 2:54pm
Yay Congrats Janine!!!

I am not in palmy so cant help with venue etc but I did my own invites and I know a few things (not that you need help ...super mum). However Gordon Harris have some really good stock of nice papers and craft typre stuff and also have several ideas in their invite booklets. I got my invite idea from them, and it worked out great! I dont know if there is one in palmy but if you are ever in Akl, Wellington or Hamilton pop into one of the shops and have a look. If you order in bulk packets they also give you a discount.

Well good luck with planning....its so exciting!! I know you have loads of time but it will fly by quickly!!

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 2:56pm
I'm an ex NZWP girl too....heaps of good links there to point you in the right direction!

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 2:56pm
Oh and CONGRATULATIONS!!

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 3:30pm
I'm from NZWedding Planner too (am still on there a lot actually!) hehe

The girls dresses sound like they are going to be so adorable!!

Making invites definately saves a ton of money. Everyone thought that ours were made professionally but they actually were made by us using my good ol printer.

I'm quite happy to recommend everybody that we used for everything, they were all fantastic. Photographer, venue, flowers, salon etc

Good luck with all the planning.
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 3:42pm
Congrats Janine

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 4:40pm
Congratulations Janine!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 4:46pm
YAY congratulations Janine and Mike.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 5:47pm
another ex NZWP (it is how I met the lovely paws!)

Congratulations, and my piece of advice, take it one thing at a time as it can become overwhelming
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 9:20pm
Wow! Yay! Happy wedding date!!!
Very excited for you Janine
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 10:57pm
Ooooh had a look at the highden website - mike thinks it's really pretty so i think we will be ringing and arranging venues soon. I have a celebrant thati want, he is my hairdressers dad and is wonderful, he did my sister's wedding. So i mean i have a celebrant i have the dresses all planned in my head i have the hairdresser, it's just all the other stuff. Am wondering about photographer, i know a few people who do weddings so may see if we can get them and maybe save a little $$$.   

I think i know the site you are all talking about as well cos i joined there a long time ago when we had originally planned to have our wedding in 2005 - before i had paris and study/job got delayed.

Have seen some neat invites and kewl paper, and have a few ideas so we'll see. It's great to have people to share and talk to with this cos i don't want to overtalk it with mike.. otherwise i'll scare him off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>