FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFirst time IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
fozziebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozziebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 4:07pm
trying4no1 - that is a nice number. Fingers crossed for you at the next scan that EC won't be to far away.

Injections are going well. I have had to stay on buserelin at the moment. Blood test last week showed that I had not down reg enough so I have another blood test on Tuesday. It now just seems to be part of the darily routine.

Hope all is good for everyone else on their first time around.
Sponsored Links

hoping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:35pm
Hey girls - hope you are all well. Certainly is great having these forums!!

A query - with all the blood tests and scans you keep talking about do they have to be done at the clinic you are going through?? Am starting to wonder as I've had all my apt's in P.Nth but have been told I have to go to Wgtn for EC etc and am now a wondering about the tests......am presuming they'll be able to do this in Palmy but will ring the nurse tomorrow for a chat I think.
Leilani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leilani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:39pm
Hi Hoping - I've had all my blood tests done at the usual lab that does everybodies blood tests. The scans will be done at the clinic, but I'm guessing you can get these done by your local nurse, or your schedule will be done to work in with when there are docs in town. I dunno really, just guessing.

You not watching the rugby?
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 11:33pm
Hi Hoping - I have my bloods done at 2 different places that aren't my clinic, but I do have the scans, EC & ET at the fertility clinic - quite handy really lol. Fingers crossed you dont have to travel far for the scans etc.

Fozziebear - I took about 2 days longer than normal on the buserelin & now responding a little slower than normal on gonal-f.... good things take time right?

Leilani - how long until you start your injections now?

For me... I am starting to get quite tender in the ovaries & feeling extremely bloated lol... fingers crossed hopefully not long to go.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend
TTC#1 since Aug 2006
Me: 27 + PCOS + DH: 38 + low morph
12 x Clomid cycles
4 x IUI
2 x IVF ICSI = BFP on 2nd round!
chiqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 3:58pm
Hi Ya everyone I just thought I'd pop in and say good luck to everyone.
I was lucky enough to have success on my first ivf cycle even with having very high fsh( I'm only 30) and we have 2 frozen embies for next time too.
These forums totally saved my sanity during all the highs and lows.
Fingers crossed for all of you
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 5:41pm
Thanks Chiqa! Congrats on the pregnancy!!
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 5:49pm
Hey Fozziebear, I've got my next Blood test tomorrow too! Fingers crossed both of us will have good news, when is your expected EC date? Mine is meant to be 21 June or after..

Trying how are you getting along?

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing great!
fozziebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozziebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 7:20pm
Hay Happygal,

Fingers crossed for you as well tomorrow. My EC date was meant to be the week of June 21st as well but since ih ave been delayed by 5 days on the buserelin i would think that if all goes well from here on out i would think it would be around June 27ish.

chiqa - congrats I hope we are all one day as lucky

trying4no1 - How are you feeling? Hope all is going well for you?

To everyone else keep taking it one day at a time and can't wait to celebrate the goods news
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 7:29pm
Hi Ladies!

Happygal - how did your blood test go today?

Fozziebear - hope your wait for EC isn't going too badly... I was delayed 2 days on buserelin & found that frustrating enough lol.

I had the call from the clinic today to say I can have my trigger injection tonight!   I have my EC on Thursday morning. woo hoo!! cant believe it has finally come around!      - don't get me wrong I am nervous as anything about the whole procedure, but knowing my body has responded as it should so far has pleased me enough hehe.
When I had my scan yesterday they could count 14 follicles & said there were a few more little ones... fingers crossed we get a few good eggs out of them!

Hope you ladies are having a nice week so far
TTC#1 since Aug 2006
Me: 27 + PCOS + DH: 38 + low morph
12 x Clomid cycles
4 x IUI
2 x IVF ICSI = BFP on 2nd round!
Happygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 8:23pm
Hey girls,how is everyone doing?

Trying, yippee for trigger tonight, makes it all seem so real... yay 14 follicles too, well done...

Fozziebear, how was your BT? I have another one on Thursday and a scan, so does that means things are quite there yet?? So much to know.. They texted too, so didnt talk to anyone, usually they phone..

Are any of you Auckland girls with FA?
hoping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 8:31pm
Yay for you Trying....will be thinking of you for the rest of the week    Fozzie your EC will come round before you know it too.

Happy I'm with FA but in Wellies and Palmy. I missed a call from the clinic today so now wondering what it was for........will try and ring them back tomorrow to find out.

How's things with you Leilani??

Chiqa awesome to read your happy news

My hubby had another test today to see if his visit to the osteopath who totally corrected his pelvis was possibly a cause of our probs......osteopath was quite hopeful it was as a few nerves crushed he reckoned so we will see. Am hoping we might have the results tomorrow......who knows.

Thinking of you all heaps, and fingers crossed and baby dust for all
oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 8:41pm
Hoping - we went through FA in Wellington as well but I had all my blood tests done in Palmy. Palmy was the only place that could get the results down to Wellington in time (Feilding or Marton would have been easier for me but not an option).

Sorry just wanting to see how you were all going. Best of luck for your cycles
hoping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 5:48pm
Thanks for that Oscarboo.....I'm still quite a way from Palmy but it's a whole lot closer than Wellington!! So was hoping that was the case.

Hope everyone is well
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 6:10pm
Thanks heaps for your well wishes ladies!   
Yay no more injections! my poor bruised tummy gets a rest! hehe

Happy - good luck for your scan tomorrow! positive thoughts you can see lots of follies growing away    

I'm with Fertility Plus in Auckland :)

Hope you are all doing nicely in your cycles    bring on the BFP's I say!!
hoping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 8:30pm
Funny question for you all......am not that great with needles anyway but how are the injections?? I know that sounds dumb but wondering how you all got on with them.....I have a visit with the clinic next week to go through how to adminster them etc...
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 3:28pm
Hi hoping - I was surprised with the needles to be honest! they weren't as bad as I thought they would be    Good luck with starting your injections! Once you start them, the time will just fly by.

Happy - How was your scan today?

I had EC this morning. They managed to get 6 eggs out. The embryologist came in after saying that 1 of the eggs wasnt looking the greatest so we're looking at 5 eggs at the moment. they're doing ICSI on them all & will ring me tomorrow to let me know how many fertilise.
EC wasn't so bad, feeling crampy & tender afterwards but nothing I can't handle. There were a couple of times during EC that were sore, but the nurse was great and gave me a few top ups of the pain relief

Hope all you ladies are having a nice day
rachb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2010 at 8:09pm
after having a read through this thread, you ladies have made me feel a bit more positive about the whole IVF thing.

Good luck with everything ladies and hopefully my turn will come round soon.

Is there anyone else going through FA in Hamilton?
hoping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2010 at 10:23am
Feeling really impatient today......so over all this waiting, just seems like all I have done for the past 14 months is wait for the next step...for something.....so tired of the waiting!!
hoping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2010 at 4:58pm
Have just posted this in the other thread....thought I would put it in here too as need some thoughts....am so unsure of what to do now!! Just feel like screaming today really.......

Well...I was going to start my round of IVF at the end of the month but have had another possiblity thrown at me and just don't know what to do!! I please need your thoughts about what to do.

I'm over waiting.....it just seems to have been one long wait and I was quite relieved we were finally going to start at the end of the month (in about 10 days roughly). Anyway, it's my hubby's count that seems to be an issue, and while we are still waiting for the results from his test after seeing the osteopath we've got another track we could go down. He has managed to be seen by a naturopath who is apparently really highly regarded for dealing with infertility in both animals and humans. Anyway, we have just today gotten some remedies from him to take, but he told hubby that it could be 3-6 months before we see any change if we do......do I now put IVF on hold or just go for it anyway??? Having finally stopped thinking about all the possiblities once we found out what the prob was, we now have a few paths we could take. I'll be gutted if I wait and there is no change.....and I get so concerned with the age gap as we are blessed to have a three year old. I just don't know what to do!! I know this seems like such a minor concern when so many of you are going through much worse concerns with your results etc but I needed to talk to people who know where I might be coming from.........
Leilani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leilani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2010 at 5:16pm
Hi Hoping - if I were you I would just go straight for the IVF - as you've said, you have spent the past 12 months plus waiting, waiting, waiting. Though if you want to wait at least another 3 months before your hubbies sperms will see any benefit. Has he not been on any supplements up 'til now? And then how many months do you give it before you decide to go back to IVF (if you're not successful)? You could very well be waiting for another 12 months.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not convinced I'd take the word of a naturopath with a good track record with animal infertility! Have you spoken to one of the doctors at FA about how likely it is that your hubby's sperm count could have been affected by his pelvis being out of whack? I've never heard of this - though admittedly I've never Googled it - but is this something that has been well documented/researched by anyone?

Of course, whatever you decide to do, it will be the right decision, and never question it.

If you do go ahead with IVF, make sure you ask about your husband's sperm (though they may just tell you) and if it seems like there has been a big difference in only a few weeks, and then if the IVF isn't successful, you'll have a good idea about what to do next.

My husband has been on Menevit for 4 months now, and he had an SA after being on it 2 months - and whilst the results were much more promising, there still was nowhere near enough volume or count for us to really do anything other than ICSI. We could wait and see if there's been any more improvement, but I'm over all the waiting and wondering - I want action!!

Edited by Leilani
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>