FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2011 babies :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 436>
Author
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 9:07pm
Ahh the old attachment phase Hayz, we get that here too, garr! We didn't qualify for the accom supp sux.
E rolling but it took her ages then she suddenly did it, so I expect I will one day just get her eyes on somethign enteresting and off she will go! or not, i would not owrry at all, some babies just do their own thing and don't bother with doing some stuff! as spacette says, A is sitting which means she is def strong enough in the trunk to roll, just doesn't want too! Ange maybe O has E's problem that she couldn't figure out where to put her arms to roll both ways, once she had that sorted she was away. E sat by herself lots today, always needs one of us there and she does get wobbly and totter over abit, but is sooo much stronger now, is exciting. Hate those nasty nappy rashes, apparentrly with teething they can get a nasty nappy rash too, not sure why tho? Dr will give you some good cream for it!
Yay for bubble blowing spacette! bummer the pigeon teets didn't work, they were magic for us, but every baby has their own thing eh? did you try the Nuk ones (they meant to be nipple shaped)? didnt work for E but may work in your case?
Tried E on toast and baby vegemite today, a hit! chewed it with her gums going nam nam nam nam!! sucked it and had some quite big bits that she swallowed! very impressed!
Sponsored Links

CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 9:09pm
oh and Pebbles the bengal is the best cat in the WORLD< she lets E pull her tail (like, yank!) and pull her whiskers and doesn't even flinch. wot a star! the other cat is a different story... short tolerance of a wee pat/thump then SWAT with the paw.... hafta keep an eye on her!
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 10:43am
Rose only rolls back to front if she is already on a slope, so if she is half on the mat and half on carpet then she may roll. All other times she gets half way over but her arm keeps getting in the way for her to go right over.

I sleep ok with her in bed with me. Though I normally don't bring her in with me till round 5am so that I can get some deep sleep. We sleep chest to chest on our sides with her head on my arm, so my arm does get sore and I have to roll us over:) I am not worried about rolling on her as I don't move when asleep.

Stomach is still not normal, and yesterday I felt really light headed. Think I just need to try and catch up on my missed sleep and eat some plain foods. Last night had both kids wake up from bad dreams and it took a while for Cody to get back to sleep, and then had to have him at Kindy by 9am so we couldn't have a sleep in.

Your talk about WINZ has reminded me that I need to call IRD and find out what is happening about that income tax they say I have to pay, it's been over 2mths since I gave them the form the wanted and I need them to give me my refund.
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 12:44pm
Spacette, the chu chu teats work for us. Not that B's a big bottle taker but the few she has had she's gone ok with them.

Go Pebbles! Still jealous CJ, I would love a bengal but we're not getting any more pets til B is a bit older and can take part in looking after them from when they're little.

Flutterby, hope you start feeling better soon.

We do the big bath sometimes, usually only if one of us is up for jumping in with her cos we've got a big corner bath and its built out with tiles so its too hard to get in close and your arms and back end up sore from trying to keep hold of her.

CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 1:14pm
FB sorry to hear you are still not feeling right, so cute you and R sleeping!
Great idea faffer, B will be sooo excited when she is older and gets her first pet - like TheKelly's vid of them getting their kittie for their oldest girl's bday last month. I plan to jump in the bath with her tonite too, looking forward to it,be our 1st skin on skin contact since the NICU.
Fantastic day here, E STILL sleeping thankfully cuz she only had a 30min sleep for her 1st one, so will see if she wakes in time for a pram walkie! lucky she having a bigger sleep she was grizzly as and not fun!
Anna27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 1:47pm
Havent been on much lately. Been a pretty crappy week. Lacey and I still really sick. The poor wee thing had her back at docs yesterday. Her cold always had a cough but 2 nights ago all night she was having these awful coughing fits (amazingly didnt wake her) and they sounded awful. Temp was still fine at docs and wasnt on chest so still nothing they can do. Although today is day 9 old cold and doc said if the body doesnt fight by day 10 they ususally run risk of secondary infection like broncholitis etc so have to take her back Mon if still sick.

Yesterday during day every 10 mins during her nap she would cough and wake up cryin g so had to put dummy back in. Brought a vaporizer and using a decongestant but still no joy. I was thinking last night no way she would sleep based on what was happening during day but she still managed to sleep through. I have no idea how she sleeps she must someone just know its nightime or something, with all the coughing I have no idea how she didnt wake.

Hope all is well with everyone, she is awake again now after just 10 mins so no time to reply anymore. Doesnt help Ive been obsessed with cafe world on facebook lol but I will be back!

and PD we still havent set a time but Im thinking we should wait until Lacey completely better as dont want to pass anything on. Ceres hasnt been on in a while either, guess she still getting settled into new house. And I dont think Hayz mentioned when she was free? or Leylo? havent seen her in a while. But for the next two weeks Im still okay for any day at this stage.
Hayz001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayz001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 4:14pm
So sorry you're both still unwell Anna. Must such hearing Lacey's coughing fits, and it's also tough to look after a baby, let alone a sick baby, when you're sick yourself. Let me know if I can do anything to help you guys out, am happy to come and watch Lacey if you need to catch up on sleep!

I'm generally free any day except Mon and Fri. Does Wednesday work?

Was just at Auckland hosp (visiting someone) and went stalking the labour ward again. Saw a woman in labour pacing the halls, stopping every so often with a contraction. Could just hear the pain! Also saw Anika Moa who must've been there visting her new twins. Decided I super want to be a midwife - haha perhaps in 15 years time!

Ceres how are you? Hope you're all settled into the new house and Abigail has been well x
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 8:08pm
aww anna so sorry to hear that cold is still going strong, sux.
hehe you n your stalking hayz, funny! you super clucky!
well i got out in the pram but was not a success, E doing 2 sleep cycles means she needs food before a walk obviously, as she started crying at the halfway point which was real tears etc by the time i turned back to get home eeek. poor thing didnt stop till i got a banana (3/4 one) in her! annoying cuz she didnt seem that hungry at 11am so i thought i would be sweet as. as well! she tried corgette today, loved it!
thmprs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 9:59pm
Hi Girls

hope everyone is doing ok. And all those wee babies are behaving. have been to read back yet on what been happening.

I love going on holiday but i really miss not reading OB then when i do come on i have missed so many pages it hard to catch up.

We had a nice time in Taupo with mum, my bro & SIL. Wasnt as cold as i expected so that was a bonus. Now we are home at mums.

But Me & DH are both sick with colds. Good being home having mum to cook us dinner.. ha ha

Poor Lucas is sick as well, actually had to take him to the after hours the other night. And the poor thing has got croup. He sounds like a wee seal. But he is happy enough so that is a bonus, although he not eating or drinking as much.

Dr we saw was really good & gave him a dose of steroids which he said should make him better. But he was good & even rang the hospital Peds Registar to check it was ok to give it to him.

Think he got a bit of his appetitte back today though cause he liked the banana & mango baby food, and had pumpkin & sweetcorn for dinner so fingers crossed he on the up

Now for mum to get better too before i have to go back to work on monday.

Sorry girls this turned into a ME post

<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">[IMG]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/ue02p12.png" /
AngeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 10:51am
Thmprs, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.

Just a quick me post. Proud mummy moment. I have a clever wee man. Decided that baby rice was not his thing so opened a wee tin of apples and silly me fed him straight outta the tin so now the rest is no good but thats ok. He smashed a good centimetre outta the top of it. Guess he just likes real food. lol. Might mash up some pumpkin and carrot for him and see if he likes that. So proud. He just kept opening his mouth for more. Was really cautious about how much I gave him as it's his first time.
Anna27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 1:39pm
Thmprs: Seems like everyone is sick! I have compulsory dress rehearsals for my pupils exams this weekend and already 2 saying they are too sick to do it. Now not sure what to do as I say if they dont make rehearsal they cant do exam hmmmm Just think there are some nasty bugs going around!

I think Lacey is finally on mend :) Today her naps she hasnt woken crying because of coughing so lets hope. She still coughed heaps last night but any improvement is a good sign. I think I owe it to the vaporizer, some people swore by it and I really think it has been the turn around. I have it going in her room all night and all day I carry it around with me so in lunge if she is playing or other lunge if she is napping (has port a cot for day sleeps)

Hayz a wed works for me too, just wondering if next wed may be a bit soon to pass on anything. I guess thats 5 days away and if we still sick we can just pull out last minute. Cant remember what days FB was free. I ussually have such a good memory lol this sickness must be making me forget everything. Thanks so much for the offer of help! Ive got such a full on weekend I just have to go with it, at least DH will be having Lacey so she wont have to be out in the cold too much.

His parents get back in the morning after 3 months away so bet they are looking forward to seeing her, DH is picking them up and taking her to meet them at airport :)

Ange C thats great about solids! I tried L on peas/potato and brocolli today she did eat it all but screwed her face up each time lol quite funny! Lacey takes half a tin each time now, when are they supposed to go onto 2 meals? She was soo grizlly after it though wondered if sore tummy but gaveher a rusk and she settled down (her first rusk) maybe its teething pains.
Ceres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 3:27pm
Hi girls, just doing a super fast check in to say alive and well. For those that saw my facebook post the other day, if you were wondering why it disappeared I had to take it down. One of my IRL friends text me to say they could see it! It wasn't something I was comfortable sharing with 'the world' so I deleted it. But for those of you who do know what was going on, A is absolutely fine and obviously had someone realllyyy looking out for her. I'm buying her a lotto ticket this weekend!

Still in the midst of unpacking, argh. Can it be over yet?

Sorry to hear that there's a lot of bubba, and mumma, sickness around the place, sucks . Haven't really read back and will have to do so but wont' get a chance for a couple of days now, soooo much to do I've been really limiting my OB, and FB, time. Grumble grumble.

<
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 4:00pm
Yes Wednesdays are good for me:)

Am finally feeling normal again, yay. Rose actually had close to 6hrs solid sleep last night, though I only got 4hrs as I got woken up by some drama going on next door, there was an ambulance in the driveway and they all looked upset.

Finally got the bill from the lawyer for the signing of the seperation agreement. Now have to come up with $185

Hope all you that are sick get better soon, must be the time of year for it as everyone is getting sick.

Rose still loves her food as well, she had baby muesli last night as I couldn't be bothered cooking anything for her and she loved that. May mix it with some banana tonight, or might try her on potato. Though my plunket nurse said that it is always best to introduce new food earlier in the day but 6pm always works best for me when it comes to Roses dinner time.

Oh and what happened Ceres?
Isabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 4:15pm
Quick check-in... Glad to hear A is OK Ceres - quite the scare for you!! And weird it showed up to all on FB, I thought if you posed on the group then it was private? Good you were warned though.

Yay Anna - L is on the mend! :) Poor wee poppet.

AngeC - Yay for the apples! :) S hates farex but is a bit more receptive to savoury mush

So sorry - I cant remember who asked me! The doggy with the grey tooth... I'm not too sure what has caused it to do this (without seeing it in person) - but I would be suspicious that it is decayed (too many lollies huh? ) and might need to be removed. It also might just be staining but then the others should be affected too..

Maybe if it doesnt seem to be bothering him just keep a close eye on it (make sure the gums stay a normal colour, no abscesses form etc) and get your vet to check it at the next vaccination/check-up   

AFM - Good few days here.. Loving work.. S is being absolutely lovely, still no movement on the house - but looking at changing agents in a few weeks when the current ones contract runs out, still havent found a house to move into, hmmm - thats about it... Better not be any damn parties around here this weekend or I will have to get my staunch on again!
AngeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 5:44pm
That was me, Isabella. I have put a pic on facebook for you. Not sure if you saw it. If you go into my photos it is on there. Have made it so only you can see it. lol. Doesn't seem to worry him but you never know.

Anna, glad you and L are feeling better.

Hayz, I thought if we posted on the feb page it was only those in the group that could see it as well. Wonder if we can fix the settings on it. Glad that she is ok though.

FB, suck about the bill. Never nice getting them.

As for solids, I think I might make up some smushed pumpkin. I have a some in the fridge that I need to use. So making O some food will be a perfect idea. Will try him on more apple tomorrow.

Best go and change my little expolsion, lol. Might be an early night for my grizzly munchkin.
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 8:15pm
gaaar on the croup thmprs thats no fun, at least he is happy with it tho, which is something.
yay on the apples ange! so good when you find something they like n they wolf it!
if shes having 1/2 tin i would try her on another meal ANna, if you give her food at dinner try breakfast, or vice versa? for the 2nd one just start off small and see how she does. i just give E new food at anytime FB, just do it whenever convenient for you. silly to give them new veg etc at breakfast time i reckon!
now i'm curious ceres!
hope youy dont hafta kick ass this weekend Isabella!
e been a monster today. had a great 1.5hr nap this morn, then the resat of the day was ass. would not sleep at lunch (big resettle didnt work either) so i took her in car for nap in the end. then at 5pm she went to sleep on me just so i kept her there for 20min then the cot transfer she woke again grrr so she been sooo grizzly tonite and not really eating much solids as usual either which is dang frustrating. hate days like this, and silly me was looking forward to it being fri. having a wine cuz i need one tonite! just so over pandering to her tiredness, sound bad i know, but me frustrated!!! and DH only dealt with her for 40mins and got annoyed then tells me off for getting grumpy so wot is with that!! vent vent vent super vent
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 9:18pm
I'm curious too Ceres, but glad to hear A is all good.

Thanks for the teat recommendations, will give them a go

Haha, that sleeping position sounds exactly like us Flutterby, as does the timing. Glad you're feeling better. Hope other sick mums and babies are too!

Good to see you at big latch on Faffer - that was quite fun. I see the record was broken, yay.
Quite surprised to see on the Campbell Live news story that only 25% people get to 6 months bf. (It's quite a nice piece that one, gives a good point of view from those who need to do bottle and have got pressure about it.)

Those days can be tough huh CJ. A had hardly any sleep all day either, just 20 mins x 3, but DF took her for a walk later so at least she had one better one. She's super grabby lately, but it's quite fun.
I'm enjoying reading about all the food successes. A isn't very interested as yet (the rusk and broccoli weren't nearly as interesting as crackly paper) but I reckon it won't be too far off.
Anna27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 9:51pm
Ceres good to hear the move went well and that A is all good. I also have no idea what happened to her but just glad she is good now!

CJ thats no good you had a bad day just remember you have DH home for the weekend now so not as much pressure on you!

Spacette thats really interesting such a low percentage get to 6 months BF. I would have thought much higher but then again I know lots of formula fed bubbas so it must add up.

Auckland Girls: Guess it looks like wed works for 4 of us :) are we aiming for next wed or the week after? sorry I am such an organiser haha it comes with me running the dance school I am used to trying to organise lots of people and get them to events etc
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 10:10pm
true anna, but he off at Jakes rugby until at least 1pm tomorrow, hate saturday rugby! just want a weekend to myself! gee i am on a rant nite tonite!
I read about the low percentage to 6 months BF but that cant be right now cuz mos ppl i know BF thweir young babies? who got that random natrual parenting mag int heir mail! wot is with BFIng a 7 year old??? I mean free choice and all that, but 7 years old?????????? i personally find that hard to comprehend. like i think i will at least go to 12 months all going well, perhaps 2 years even, but past that i dont know, but i understand those that go to 4... but 7..............???
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 10:28pm
Great to catch up briefly at BLO today Spacette and yay for record breaking! My shopping afterwards lasted all of one store before B lost the plot so we went home so I could feed her and put her down then I raced back and got another hour under my belt while DH watched her.

Ceres, I managed to miss your fb thing too, but glad to hear A is ok. Whatever happened sounds like it gave you a big fright? How are you going at the new place? Hope the unpacking isn't too dire.

Anna, god that illness sounds awful. Must be some bad bug going around if your dancers are pulling out too. FX you can get some rest over the weekend and shake it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 436>