FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2011 babies :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 431432433434435 436>
Author
Buttons2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttons2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 5:57pm
Oooh Freckle & Ceres!! What dramas you're both facing...Huge hugs going out to you both
Haven't been on for days, life just been so flat out with working, Charlie and B starting school
Will go back and read to catch up on everything bit later. Hope everyone else well and babes bringing smiles and joy Plus sleep!

May 2010
Sponsored Links

Isabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 6:05pm
Sorry to hear about the soy reaction Ceres :( Hopefully now they can stop messing around and get you straight onto Neocate - I am sure it is still subsidised (thats what the pharmacist told us) - you want it to be, its ****** expensive to buy off the shelf!

You have had a rough time of it lately - poor wee A (and you guys) need a break!!!

Freckle - I hope your DF is doing better? Like the others have said, anything at all I can do to help in whatever way.. My thoughts are with you xxx

Ugh only had ONE group through the open home today.. Doesnt seem worth all the fuss to clean it. The agent only has 2 weeks left on contract so well flick it to another agent as soon as thats finished and then x fingers something will come up then..

The MIL is coming up for the weekend on friday so that will be good - she hasnt seen her since she was 2 months old so will def notice the difference!!

Got some DVDs out for the first time since before S was born - and managed to stay awake to watch BOTH haha.. Such a nana these days :)

Hope everyone (esp Freckle and Ceres) has had a happy weekend filled with loads of bubba smiles
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 8:29pm
Awesome news with the better sleeps PB, and bummer on the lawyers bill, sux that it is something you have to do but you have to pay so much for it. must be a weird feeling when everything gets put down in paper like that??
Ceres i heard it was fully subsidised... i really hope so that is mega expensive!
hope the next 2 weeks goes fast n you get a much better agent isabella, taking ages to sell eh. wot agent sold the house next to you? wow she will def notice a difference from 2 months old!!! awesome!
E sitting incredibly now, like it is locked in her head how to n she will never forget! she seems so much happier sitting up too, maybe cuz she sees more around? she slept tin till 8.40 this morn for the 1st time in ages (she woke at 7am clucking but we ignored her so she went back to sleep after 7.30am mean eh). had 2 big naps which is great i would much rather that than 3 small ones!
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 10:54am
Caughtknee, I agree thats the only thing I find a little annoying with the highchair but I'm getting the knack of standing behind the chair and sliding it out pretty quickly.

CJ, I can't wait til B sits well without help, she seems to really like being in her highchair so I think she'll enjoy it more sitting up on her own.

FB, sucks about the lawyers bill, but great you're getting better sleeps.

Isabella, your MIL is going to notice a massive difference from 2 months. We have the inlaws coming on Wednesday for a few days and they haven't seen B since 3.5 months and thats going to be a big enough change.

DH is home with a bad back today so I'm playing nursemaid and trying to get the hosue in some sort of order for his parent visit. Oh woe is me

Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 11:02am
Oh Caughtknee, just remembered you asked about fb group... Ceres sent a message re what she was talking about before. Are you two FB friends? I think our group is due to be archived if it isn't upgraded to the new format, who were our admins? Guess when we sort the upgrading we should make it a secret group and up the security settings so we're free to post on it without anyone seeing.

Isabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 11:28am
So I went for the talk about my third job (mum, vet and now this) - and it sounds pretty cool!!! Just have to be REALLY careful I dont over-commit...

Working mummies - how many hours are you doing/week? Are you finding this ok?
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 1:06pm
Is this job the one you mentioned that you can do part time from home Isabella?

*ETA* can you take it on for a trial basis or if you take it on are you committed for the long haul?

Edited by Faffer

thmprs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 1:25pm
Isabella i work full time 8.5 hr days. It is ok, at first I missed L like crazy but you get use to it. I mean i still miss him heaps but I also enjoy working too. ANd when I am home I love my time with him.

Question for you girls on solids. I know they say offer milk before solids, do you give milk then leave a certain time between milk to solids?

As i have an hour for lunch i have been giving L milk then feeding him solids but i think he is filling up on the milk & not wanting solids.

Wondering if I should be changing his routine around a wee bit

<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">[IMG]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/ue02p12.png" /
red1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 4:29pm

Thmprs-its a tough one hey....although we are still establishing solids I try to leave a bit of time in between but our cheeky monkey sometimes refuses the boob til its on his terms....which can be an hour later and by then hes too grumpy for soilds, sorry I havent any advice but leting you know your not the only one wondering???

Faffer yip just seen my msg from Ceres.....poor thing!!!!  Not sure whos in charge of FB gropup but I know I requested to join back when I joined here and havent got confirmation....I saw that it was going to be archived!!  Like the idea of private settings though!!

Hayz001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayz001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:00pm
plunket told me to wait 1/2 hour before solids but I usually do it 15-20 mins after I feed her, esp in morning as she's hardly up for anytime at all before going back to sleep. I'm enjoying solids but since she's up to 3 meals a day I feel like somtimes all i'm doing is bf her, preparing her food, feeding her, cleaning up after etc etc - feels like it's taken up heaps of our 'play' time!
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:01pm
Thekelly and clover are the admins for the FB group Faffer.
Thmprs i give E solids then milk cuz it suits me best, solids when she wakes (about 1/2 hour to an hour after depending) then milk when she sleeps. Mornign if eed her first thing, after 1st nap i wait till round 11am, then in the arvo usually around 2.30, then nite anytime between 5.30 and 7pm depending on her mood (that is the solids feed). BF usually 9.30am, 12.30, 4.30pm and then bottle 8.30pm. i know they meant to get milk first tho at this age, and i think in L's case if he has been losing some weight it prob is best for him to fill up on milk as it is much more fatty.
One thing i did to help E sit was lots of practice her sitting with my legs around her at a wee distance as bumpers, and a toy on each knee that she liked to reach for. anytime she would fall over she would just rest against the knee bumpers, every day she needed the bumpers less.
Had a fun day! took E over to the park and showed her some different trees and she touched the leaves, then she had her 1st swing (on my knee). Tried a new thing with the apple (as she loves sucking, licking and trying to bit emy apple when i eat it) so i chewed it abit then put it in her mouth, lots of NAM NAM noises and figuring out the texture, think it was a winner!
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:03pm
Just saw your post and Hayz i totally agree, esp with 4 mals here now (2 middle meals are small)! i try make it fun for E... but... yeah.... play time is getting cut into! i guess once they get better at eating solids it will go much quicker, much like BFing, int he beginning they took 40mins somedays for 1 feed, now it takes 5-8mins!
Hayz001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayz001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 6:13pm
Isla has a new trick....

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 6:49pm
lurker
clever Isla
susie
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 7:20pm
Holy sh*t Hayz!!!! Clever Isla Talk about running before you learn to walk!

Thanks for the sitting tips CJ, though we may not need them. B sat for a minute or so on her own just before bed tonight.

CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 8:13pm
Wow hayz that is awesome, wot a clever girl!!!!
And clever B too Faffer, great stuff!!! funny how sometimes they just seem to go thru a time of milestones all of a sudden, then nothing, then more new tricks...
Hayz001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayz001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 8:19pm
I know what you mean CJ, I was thinking that she hasn't done anything 'new' or 'exciting' for a while (you know when they're super little and it's all 'oh, she smiled at me', 'oh she giggled' etc etc) and then today I tried standing her at the coffee table (lasted a few secs hehe) and then I had laid out some blocks and was hitting them with a tootbrush, then I gave her the toothbrush (her fave toy) and she was trying to hit the blocks as well and succeeded a few times. Proud mummy day today
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 8:31pm
Very impressed by Isla.
I know what you mean on the waiting for milestones...sorta feels a bit like that now for us, although A has made quite a leap in grabbiness, haha. Sitting is going well but DF is getting a bit relaxed and she faceplanted last night! Was ok though.

Gave her a tiny bit of my porridge today and the facials were awesome - those of you doing it all the time must be having fun on that front!
CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 9:09pm
Awww cute on hitting the blocks too Hayz! yeah funny how your wants change as they grow eh, such big milestones for them to reach now and so exciting when they do! but you're right those first smiles n everything when babies were just tops too!
Hehe grabbiness Spacette! prob is a good thing they take the odd topple when sitting so they know it's not quite so fun when they do topple so make more of an effort not to if that makes sense, thankfully E doesnt cry when she falls... yet! Oh adult porridge that must of been itneresting for her! I'm too chicken to move her past 6 month farex yet, i must do it, she is stopping eating the real pureed stuff now and seems to enjoy chewing things much more, weird huh.
Spacette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spacette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 9:48pm
True, don't want too much nose flattening though, hehe. Oh, it was hardly any porridge, just a taste. Must get round to offering her some more stuff though. Sounds like E is doing well with toast and stuff so she'd probably be sweet. Oh, I meant to say re your other question, A is sleeping from approx 7 to 6ish so that would be 11 hours (with the odd feed in there). Personally I'd prefer slightly later wakeups so you might want to stick with your civilised one!

Btw I think I just deleted my FB vid with your comment on cos I double posted it, sorry!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 431432433434435 436>