FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 248>
Author
hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 1:11pm
yes I will make it my mission to go onto facebook!
DH has been offered a job in christchurch, he is really keen but im scared of moving to a city where I dont now anyone. All my family lives here and it would be hard leaving them behind. Anyone from christchurch on here? whats it like?
Sponsored Links

greenstone27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 3:47pm
yes def facebook!

my hubby has his medical next friday and if he passes then we are moving to aussie!!! im in the same situtation Hayley..... although further away, but I see it has exciting and ill join a playgroup.

happy 4 months to Caden!!

Ive been to chch a few times, but not keen with the quakes lol, but that can happen anywhere

Hes finally here :-)
FullHouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FullHouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 6:28pm
Proud & busy mama of four earth walkers & two angels.
About to get even busier!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 8:22pm
Hi Hannah!!!!! How u doing??????? 15 weeks already!!!

Guest_44362 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_44362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:40pm
hi everyone,I'm back!!! Have finally gotten things sorted and am now on prepay broadband.Yay!Just wanted to quickly say Hello and let you all know that all is well.I will try and catch up with posts tomorrow and post a message myself to fill you in on what we have been up to
Guest_44362 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_44362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:51pm
ummm not sure why that post has come up as guest???Its meant to be mumzie4.No idea what Ive done wrong
FullHouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FullHouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 3:44pm
I'm doing ok thanks greenstone still have MS tho
Yup, 15 weeks already! I look about 25weeks lol altho I still had left over from Ruby&McKenna

Hope you're all doing well!!!!

xx
Proud & busy mama of four earth walkers & two angels.
About to get even busier!
Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 3:36pm
Hi Hayley i'm from christchurch, feel free to get in contact if you move here and we can meet up for a playdate with our bubs

Hi Fullhouse yay for 15 weeks!
hayley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 3:45pm
Thanks Jas! its scary moving to a place where you dont know anyone!
poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:09pm
Wow thats awesome Hannah, that 15wks feels like its gone really quickly, funny how when your pregnant it feels like it drags on forever!
I am feeling much more human again, am starting to get focused on losing weight now, I have been eating day and night, it tends to be my way of dealing with my emotions so I have put on a lot of weight and I stopped exercising for a few weeks cos I was feeling so bad.
Levi had a good night last night, went down at 9.30 and woke at 2, then slept through until 5.45am, he tends to be awake for hours first thing in the morning so from 5.45-10am he wants to be awake :( sucks!!
The Tamariki Ora nurse said its because he has colic and reflux and thats why he wakes and is unsettled for long periods around the same time of day each day (his other period of wakeful/unsettledness is usually from 6pm-9.30 when he finally goes off to sleep :( The good news he should grow out of it by 4-6 months so we are already half way there!
Thats why the formula didn't make much difference, although its nice to have a back up for those days where I cant stand sitting there feeding him all night.
We have all got hideous coughs and colds which is a pain as we only just got over the last ones! My DH is on tonnes of night shifts over the next few weeks which sucks!
Hope you are all well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:23pm
have they given u anything for the reflux? Caden was on gavison but it made him constipaited so then he was in ranidene and that was great! havent given it to him in over a week and hes been great! hes even mastered burping himself now... phew....

Hopefully his nights get better for you! there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Jas2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jas2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 9:40am
poohbear, Lyle is on Omperazole (Losec?) for reflux and it made a HUGE difference would highly recommend talking to your doc if thats a possibility for Levi.
Keoedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keoedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 12:04am
Hey all sorry I haven't been around in ages I have been so busy that when I do get on line I do a quick facebook check and trade me and thats t most of my facebook is done via my cell.

We are algood, Aneira is sleeping with absolutely no probs in her big girl bed now and started daycare last week she will just be going for 2 afos a week too give me some time to do things like groceries. I thought she would have real troubles with daycare but she loved it and had no problems with me being gone.

School hols now so I will have all 4 home 24/7 I have signed the boys up for swimming lessons so have to go to them every morn at 9:20am for 45mins, should be fun lol. I have also foolishly agreed to both the boys being allowed to have a mate sleep over, I think they got me in a moment of weakness

Lucan is also doing good, he has got to be the most smiliest, happiest and talkative bub I have ever come across. He only cries when he is hungry or if you put him in his bed during the day otherwise he just cruises, he will lie on his mat for ages, sleep in his carseat and quite happily cruise out talking away to anyone who will listen and talk back lol Its good he is like that cos if you remember I said awhile back the DH wasn't bothering with him much, well now he is all over Lucan because of the way Lucan is.

Aneira is obsessed with hi 5 she loves it and dances and sings away, she knows all the moves to the dances and does them all before the actual actors do in the song lol and cracks up laughing and looking at us to react the same at what she considers the funny bits.

I actually went out last night for a mates 30th and it was a great night we were hoping hubby could go to but mum was sick and the chick whos 30th it was had stole my babysitter lol so he had to stay behind but was still an awesome night and didn't get in til almost 3, then Lucan decided to wake early so that was fun lol.

Well sorry forte big write up but now I am off to bed as I am exhausted and don't expect the next two weeks to get much easier.

No personals as I haven't read backyet but Hayley I am in Timaru which is abot 1 hour 40 away so if you don't mind the drive you are welcome here anytime and when I go up there I could flick you a text and catch up

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 2:02pm
As usual I've been reading but not posting much. Grace is doing well, she's 4 months old this week and I can't believe it! It's going much too fast She sleeps well at night, and has one long day nap 1 1/2 to 3 hours and the other 2 sleeps are usually around 45 mins. She's starting to giggle occasionally, which has me laughing as it's so cute. DS loves her and is slowing becoming more manageable, which is great.
Is anyone else looking at going back to work soon? I'm suppose to go back on 29th August, but I was trying to arrange jobshare, however I found out this morning that I suck at arranging as my work won't let me jobshare, it's fulltime or no job! I'm rather upset to say the least as I really don't want to work fulltime, but I don't know how I'm going to find a part time job in the climate here in Chch at the moment! I also have full medical insurance as part of my salary and we need it with DH's health, so I'm feeling rather stressed to be honest. Really not too sure what to do. Each time I look at Grace, I want to cry as I don't want her in fulltime care like her big brother had to be at the same age. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 2:49pm
Maybe look after kids at home?? my friend didnt go back to work and looks after her daughter and her sister in laws kids... gets paid for it of course>

RJB00 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJB00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 4:35pm
Hi ladies Rhys has been asleep for 2 hours and ive been rushing around like a mad fool getting all the house work done. Its usually pretty good during the week but as soon as the weekend comes and DH is home it kinda gets trashed and I spend all monday getting it tidy again Kinda a clean freak. Rhys is good, hes been a good sleeper at night, sometimes he does the whole night, sometimes 1 feed. Day times are the same, he has to be rocked in his pram, I can get anywear from 45 min - 3hours. Going to work on "bed sleeping" for his day sleeps.

Keoedy, wow sounds like you will be having a very busy 2 weeks.

Yay congratulations Full house, Take care of your self

Poohbear, Dont worry about it to much, as my friend said to me, you will be fighting to get them out of bed in a few years......

Wow i think our babies are growing up sooo quick, its sad but at the same time fun to watch all the milestones.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 8:29pm
Hayley how u going???

Just checking in as I know u dont have facebook

MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:48pm
Hi guys! Sorry haven't been on here for ages, I miss a few posts then keep thinking I'll read back later and never do.

RBsMama, I'll see if I can find it but if you are the main carer for your baby and want flexible working hours they HAVE to consider it if you put forward a formal request - it was a law change or something like that back in 2008. Or that what you've already tried?

Have had a house full of germs for the last couple of weeks, both girls had terrible colds and croup - everytime I hear Aislinn cough it freaks me out, it sounds horrible! And also been super busy with my home biz which is good, but hopefully it pays off!

Aislinn is still waking 1 - 2 times a night but she has a quick feed and settles right back down again. Lena on the other hand has been sleeping terribly! We've been up 3 - 4 times a night with her, sometimes for more than 2 hours, eep! We just can't figure out what it is either.

Hope everyone is staying snug in this crappy weather

Come on Huhu#3 ...~Chem Apr 13~
MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:01pm
Here it is - Flexible Work - http://dol.govt.nz/er/bestpractice/worklife/flexiblework/act.asp

"The Act provides certain employees with the right to request a variation to their hours of work, days of work, or place of work."

"If your request is declined, your employer must explain why. They must give a reason from the eight allowable in the law along with an explanation of why that reason applies."

Edited by kyromaniac

Come on Huhu#3 ...~Chem Apr 13~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 12:02pm
Hubby passed his medical for the aussie job today, so looks like its all full steam ahead in moving over there!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 248>