FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYou know you’re a mummy when...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pumpkino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pumpkino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You know you’re a mummy when...
    Posted: 23 July 2010 at 6:27pm
Hi all

A friend of mine who is pg for the first time was asking me what major changes I had found to day to day life since Toby arrived (I know! She is in for a shock!), and I thought I would share some funnier things some other mummies and I came up with – add yours!

You know you’re a mummy when...:

1.     You accessorise every outfit with a little bit of baby sick.

2.     You manage to go the whole day without brushing your hair – and you don't care.

3.     Anything vaguely emotional makes you cry, even adverts – especially anything with baby animals. And you can’t watch nature documentaries – that gazelle that just got eaten by a lion had a MUMMY you know!

4.     You narrate everything you do out loud and wonder why people look at you strangely - then you realise baby is at home with DH!

5.     Your handbag is the baby’s changing bag.

6.     You can have entire conversations with someone whose vocabulary consists solely on variations of the word 'da',

7.     You sing or hum the tune to your baby’s toys rather than the latest hits.

8.     When out and about with the pram you make stupid faces and noises to amuse your LO, to the point where people start staring at you - and you don't care :)

9.     On the rare occasion you get to go out for lunch, your personal taste preferences go out the window. Instead you scan the menu looking for anything that can be eaten one handed, will still be edible once it has gone cold (as baby will inevitably require attention the moment your plate hits the table) and won't do any your child any harm when they grab some and stuff it in their mouths. Hubby of course can eat whatever he wants, for some reason.

10.     If you are BFing, you answer the door with your boob hanging out because you forgot to put it away in your rush to get to the door.

11.     You rock the trolley in the supermarket back and forth as though it were a pram to keep baby quiet. Then realise that he/she is at home with daddy!!

12.     You look like you're on a gameshow as soon as you put baby down for a nap. I may only have 30 minutes... GO GO GO - washing, cooking, cleaning - GOOOOOOO!

13.     No matter how early they decide to wake the sight of your baby grinning at you from their cot means that you find energy you didn't know you had in order to smile and play with them.

P :)
Sponsored Links

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 6:55pm

Ahaha all so true...

You know you're a mummy when

-  you climb into bed at night and you find toys under the sheets that you have to fish out.

- you only notice you have food stains on your shirt (from your child's messy fingers) ONCE you get home from the shops!

- you walk half way round the mall when you notice a bib stuck to your behind by the velco of the bib.

Shame.  Yes all of these have happened to me this week.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

kiwi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 6:56pm
When you are fortunate to get a day by yourself every time you get up you look around yourself looking for something you have forgotten.
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:05pm
when you go out with your friends, to a pub/club and you can hear babies crying

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:09pm
ooh look theres a train!

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:10pm
When you are out by yourself and see someone you know and instead of asking how you are they ask where the baby is!

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:17pm
Oh so truee!!!!
monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:30pm
Ha Anouska - you poor thing wandering around with a bib hanging off you!

All so true - esp the hearing babies crying - I sit watching tv at night and swear I can hear DS crying all the time.

On the rare occasion I find myself going shopping to buy something for myself - I always seem to come home with something for DS instead!
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:34pm
Oh my gosh.. so many of those are true, I can especially relate to the rocking the trolley!

You know you're a mummy when -

you immediately start rocking back and forth when you sit down - even though you don't even have baby with you (I do this all the time and I'm sure people think I'm nuts)

you go out to take a break and spend the entire time thinking about baby and perhaps call home a few times just to "check in"

when you have some extra money to spend and immediately you think of what baby needs instead of buying something for yourself!

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:40pm
You get a rare night our with DH and you spend the whole time talking about the kids!
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:58pm

You get so much more excitment out of buying clothes/toys/accessories for your baby/children than buying for yourself!  I'm always shopping for the kids and forget about what I need!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 8:29pm
your at work, sitting in your office , about to do some work , reach into your handbag to pull out a pen , instead you find a nappy , a rattle , and a baby spoon .... no pen tho! hapend to me today!!!!!

Edited by julz
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 8:44pm
You know you're a mummy when

- its 7pm and you are wearing your 3rd bra of the day, while 2 sit in the dirty clothes pile full of baby sick ready to be put in the wash before bed.

- you give yourself a baby-wipe "shower" because you *just got out an hour ago* and it was only a little dribble...

- blowing raspberries on your childs stomach followed by making faces and sleepy cuddles is your perfect day.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 8:51pm
Aww love your last one Kahlia!!

My4beauties I always buy for Lily now!!

Anyway you know your a mummy when...

You get excited about every little thing your baby does!

You would do anything for your child
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by MrsEmma MrsEmma wrote:

Oh my gosh.. so many of those are true, I can especially relate to the rocking the trolley!

You know you're a mummy when -

you immediately start rocking back and forth when you sit down - even though you don't even have baby with you (I do this all the time and I'm sure people think I'm nuts)

you go out to take a break and spend the entire time thinking about baby and perhaps call home a few times just to "check in"

when you have some extra money to spend and immediately you think of what baby needs instead of buying something for yourself!

all so true - I do all of that
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 10:06pm
* when you no longer get to go to the toilet by yourself
* you refer to DH's building tools as Dusty, Turner, Phillipe, Stretch, Pat, Squeeze and Rusty
* 7am is a sleep in and after 9.30pm is a late night!
Lindsey

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 10:13pm
You know your a mummy when:

You get Birthday and Christmas presents from other people that are actually for your baby!

People who don't usually visit, start to visit because they want to see your baby!

when it takes half an hour to get out the door to go to something due to organising children where you only use to have to put shoes, on grab keys and bag and go!

when you have to write a list and prepare the night before before you go away just for a day trip

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 10:19pm
Oh Linzy that last one is soooo true!

NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 12:00am
you know you are mummy when you wait till your 2 year old is in bed before having your chocolate bar cause you know she will want some.

jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

ooh look theres a train!

LOL, I find myself looking for horses when I drive past the pony club even when I don't have Caleb in the car with me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>