FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSCARED!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 10:32am
Only you know what your family is like, I'm finding having a baby doesn't make them behave any different to how they did before.

If anything they irritate me even more, I'm possibly a little more sensitive with pregnancy I also feel protective towards my daughter and feel its my job to stand up for her and stupid comments that people make.

I hear ya about lack of visitors I live in Feilding and you'd think it was the end of the earth for people to come and visit. Without OB and FB I think I'd go crazy. Especially with Dh being away I've found it quite lonely.

Do you keep a movement diary? I know there is a page for one in my MW baby book. If in any doubt give your MW a ring its only a phone call and she can put your mind at ease.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 10:45am

very true fleur!! no i havnt needed too coz she was so active, she would give me my 10 kicks before i even got up in the mornings lol

OMG! i know the feeling, without OB and FB id been really screwed! its the only thing stopping me going completely off my rocker! well have babes soon to keep us more occupied tho Wink

I really need to go to some of the meet ups if i can as i think that would help too, but im really shy at first and get anxiety when trying new things like that so it becomes really hard for me.

Although sometimes i worry about being too addicted to it, coz even when im away from home i want to check my fave threads and FB :S but i think id be worse without it as id have NO human contact other than DH and PIL....

CHEM 6/12+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 11:15am
Everyone is feeling the same way at the meet ups, the first time I went to a Palmy one I wasn't even pregnant and felt like a right idiot. Everyone is lovely though and super friendly.

ATM I've only got work and the cat, its sad when I look forward to Mondays so I have someone else to talk to even if they're only boys.

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 11:20am

lol yeah i look forward ot mondays as thats DH's friday so that means we are close to our weekend and i can go out and do stuff!

Maybe ill make the next palmy one if i find out about it before it happens for a change haha and maybe  i can provide NB cuddles as an icebreaker haha

CHEM 6/12+
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 1:34pm
Nic for me, it wasn't so much that there were fewer movements, but as DD got all squashed up in there, the movements were much smaller as she couldn't do big kicks and punches anymore. Def call your midwife if you are worried though. I had mine come and monitor me in hospital during a long weekend cos DD had gone quiet - I felt bad bothering her, but it was worth it for DD's safety!

And yep, do come to the next Palmy meetup. In fact, why don't you go and start a meet-up thread for a day you can come? If I'm not working, I'll be there
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 6:12pm
Bamn - I know how you feel in terms of one car family at least... it really does suck. It gets more isolated when you have a baby, too, so I'd recommend making a plan for how and where and when you might get some socialization because that isolation was a big part of my PND as was lack of support.

I remember those last few weeks of pregnancy I was soooo uncomfortable. I wouldn't be surprised if OB and FB get the flick once baby is here though - at least for a little while

Edited by nathansmummy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 6:13pm
P.S. Their movements slow A LOT in those last weeks. I remember going on the movement monitor once (forgotten what it's called) and he was fine...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 6:21pm

Edited by BAMN08

CHEM 6/12+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 7:16pm
hmm now I'm wondering what your reply was....!!
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 8:04pm
Me too
Lindsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 2:22pm

its ok im fine....iv been feeling really miserable and crampy and had some nasty "practise" contractions last night which were really bad compared to even the evening ones which i was timing as were 30mins apart...i have a feeling ill be dealing with this for quite some time...yay for fullterm today though!!!

I have had more of the baby cant be born this day or on a weekday and sh*t too, dh tried to get me to go down to pram to see mum anyway and screw the petrol costs but im feeling so rejected and miserable that i just dont want to, i feel like im not wanted anymore...not that he realized it when he said it but, dh also said "its really sad that a mother doesnt want to to see her own daughter"...i had to bite back the tears while i dropped him off

Edited by BAMN08

CHEM 6/12+
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by nathansmummy nathansmummy wrote:

It gets more isolated when you have a baby, too, so I'd recommend making a plan for how and where and when you might get some socialization because that isolation was a big part of my PND as was lack of support.

I agree very strongly with this. We ended up extending our mortgage so that we could buy a second car so that I wouldn't be stuck on my own all day. Now I tend not to go more than one day at a time without seeing someone, somewhere. And in all honesty, the day that I got in the car and drove to the early years support service in tears, I hate to think what would have happened if I'd not had the option of somewhere to go, and a way to get there. Can you organise for DH to carpool, or for your PIL to drop him off for a while? Or can you borrow one of their cars when you need it? It would be really good for you to explore your options now.

Congrats on making it to full term, and enjoy these last few weeks on your own

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 3:18pm

i cant borrow theirs as they are all needed and are manuals which i cant drive anyway..i also thought of getting them to drop dh off for a bit but i still dont know where i would go as my friends are all miles away and are busy working or uni so its hard to make any plans...

T-Rex - enjoy the last few, ergh i just want her out lol im over the false pains its like having my endo period pains for days in a row again just not as bad

CHEM 6/12+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 3:41pm
I remember all those false contractions - not nice!!! Hopefully it's getting your cervix prepared so that labour won't be so drawn out.

In terms of making a plan... what normally happens with most mothers I have heard and is my experience is that it's like opening a whole new chapter in your life. Often you don't end up seeing your old friends as much - especially if they don't have kids - and you end up making new friends which can take some time. That's where I'm at at the moment.

So in terms of planning socialization I'm more thinking about planning what coffee groups you'll attend or if there's a SPACE programme at your local Playcentre or some other things where mums meet up. And how you might attend those groups, eg. walking with the buggy. And when DH can look after baby while you have some time out - and what you'll do.

The first few weeks you might want to just be at home recovering but if you do that for too long that PND can set in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 3:50pm
Do you have any contact with your antenatal group? There's most likely a few in the same situation / stage as you. Especially those that have finished work and are at a loose end till the babies start to arrive.

Meh, ignore the stupid people that say which day she's to come on, she'll come when she's good and ready, babies don't take notice of anyone else's schedule.

Also with parents sometimes they don't have a clue what's going on in anyone else's live accept their own, go visit if it will help you.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 7:09pm
Yeah as the others have suggested look into Playcentre, AN coffee group, or Plunket have a New Mothers group in Levin you could check out.
La Leche League has a Kapati group you could check out. My Mum is still friends (30yrs on!) with some of the women she met at LLL when I was a baby. LLL also encourage you to go before baby is born so you could try it out now if you can.

Also ask Plunket or your MW if there is anything like Parent Port in your area as they can help you after baby is born if things get too much. I have used our loacl one twice now, once when I was first diagnosed with PND at my mw's suggestion and then recently when I got sick after a run of the boys being sick
Lindsey

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:34am
Yip agree, ignore stupid comments about she can't come this day or that...for goodness sake she will come when she is ready and it is not like you can close your legs to stop her coming lol!!! I am sure they are just joking about the days she can't come but I can sure understand why you are getting annoyed about it....any day she is born you will be happy!

Why don't you learn to drive manual, it is not that hard truly...and it will give you the option to borrow those manual cars. Probably not right now but maybe a couple of months after baby is born?

I am stuck at home with no car too, usually not fussed but if you are a social person I can imagine it would drive you bananas! Def look into some of those groups to meet new people.

Oct 11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 12:27pm

I can drive a manual but i got my license in an auto and im on restricted so im only legally allowed to drive an auto unless a full liscensed driver is in the front of the manual...iv never had a reason to get my full license and it costs too atm anyway but do plan to get it next year.

All three cars are generally in use everyday though so the chances are really slim of borrowing one aswell.

i dont mind not being able to drive places or whatever its the fact that its too dangerous to just go for a nice walk that sux, i used to walk everyday when we lived in town and loved it, was when me and DH did most of our talking and alone time..i miss it :'(

CHEM 6/12+
heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 1:53pm
hugs hun! but yay for being full term!!

i hope she gives you a break with those contractions, either that or she gives you a really good labour!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2010 at 4:26pm

YAY mum has organised to be able to take time off when she hears im in labour and so has my lil brother, so sweet, hes so excited!

so now ill get to have mum there when shes born and for extra support/taking pics etc so that mat can do more back rubbing haha

feeling a bit more supported now, i think she realized this is a once in a lifetime opp here as im her only daughter, that and my BFF and lil brother all made the effort to organise to leave work so yeah...either way im glad shes making an effort now

got mw tomorrow so hopefully she can tell me some good news on the engaged/dialation front....id love to be on the way to labour...dont mind waiting another week or two but really dont want to go overdue!

CHEM 6/12+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>