FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRepromed CHCH Girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
balcy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balcy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:22pm
I think its crazy that they can run out of funding as well. Surely they keep a track how many people they have on the waiting list and work out the wait period a bit more accurately.

August - it must be frustrating knowing that you can get IVF but have to wait another year for a donor.
I saw on the news a few nights ago that there is a shortage of donors out there.

And yea, a flow chart would be great. I also have NO IDEA what to expect...
Sponsored Links

MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 10:31pm
With publically funded I guess the money ran out. Really sucks, at times I wish I had just got a loan.

Chiqua I agree. It was actually kinda surreal when they told me I would start in Jan, with xmas, that wait went so fast and wham here I am.   Good Luck with FET when that happening?

Sorry to hear it may be another year before a donor is available August, that must rip.

Tischler, Seb, Balcy hang in there, but do ring them when those months are up.
I know I didn't want to nag them in case it affected my waiting which is silly really they are all really nice.

Keep the dialogue going I know its helping me.

Hugs
seb77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 9:24pm
Hello ladies
Thank heavens for the internet - you are all such a huge support.
Does anyone ever have the urge to turn to a friend who has recently announced they are pregnant and tell them to get lost?
Maybe I will take out my frustrations on a young teenage mum who had unprotected sex one night with a guy she hardly knows - and fell pregnant.
Other than my dignity that have I got to lose

MAC35 I agree there are times when I wish we had just paid. Has anyone seen that ridiculous ASB advert. Firstly, just because you get a loan doesnt mean it will work. And they only put one embryo back in so triplets is highly unlikely.

Listen to me, I am on a role tonight. Better go take some rescue remedy and calm down - ha ha.

Sending nothing but positive baby vibes to you all
SEB
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 10:07pm
Seb77 so so so understand. I had a very very very good friend give birth late last year and it took me a month to visit. I just couldn't I knew she was due but when it happened I froze which I was not expecting. Very profound because I have visited lesser friends in the last year no trouble with new borns. I made every excuse in the book. I was scared I couldn't hide my envious, jealous eyes. She knows me well to know the green eyed monster is not me but ?

Finally when I visited I felt so guilty I over compensated with gifts when all my dear friend needed was a hug and a helping hand in those first few weeks. It was her first baby. I am hoping that I will big enough to apologise next visit but 50/50 on that one. Still grieving abotu having to ahve IVf in the first place. This wa never the damn plan.

TTC has at times turned me into someone I do not recognise. Your thoughts today mirrored mine the other day.

Vent away and I will join in.
balcy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balcy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 2:49pm
Im with you both MAC35 and SEB77...

I know I am very lucky to have a son who is 9, and I love him to bits.
The thing I find hard is that when I got pregnant with him, he was a surprise. At that time in my life there was no way I wanted children. However, I wouldnt have it any other way.
But, now I am ready and desperately want my husband to be (in 5 weeks) and I to have a baby, and we cant.
I am also grieving at the fact we have to have IVF. This was never my #@%!* plan either.

And another thing thats makes me sooooooo angry, is when I hear of girls that get pregnant unplanned, but still they continue to drink alcohol and do drugs. These stories turn me in the green eyed monster more than anything.

Anyway, life seems to be a right b**ch if you ask me. So guess Ill just carry on waiting, waiting, waiting....

Edited by balcy1
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 4:07pm
Right with you there guys!!!!!!!!! Child abuse and those unplanned unwanted pregnancies just do my head in I'm hoping by not getting too upset by it, and keeping calm (except for the odd OB rant) that it will be good karma for me becoming a Mum too ......

I so desperately want to be a Mumma myself and to have a baby with my delightful DH. I have the blessing at least (if you can really call it that) of 2 step-children which we have with us at least 7/14 days. BUT it is certainly not the same being a step-mum - I'm a great cook and cleaner and taxi!! And DH didn't even want the vasectomy but the ex encouraged it - grrrr.

IVF is really frustrating, but we have to hang in there and think positive that we will all soon have wonderful babes in our arms I almost envy those of you about to go through it for the first time - as it means there's the potential for more ahead for you ..... my ovaries are really 'old' and I'm not sure whether by the time we hit the wait list I'll qualify for public funding anyway ...........

Okay rant over
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
Daisy25 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 7:01pm
Gosh you have all summed up my thoughts exactly! Although I'm sorry that any of us have to go through this sh*tty experience, it's lovely to hear others that can relate to how I feel. People that haven't experienced infertility just don't quite seem to understand the magnitude of it all.
I hear what you are saying about drunken teenagers getting pregnant - grrrr!
MAC35 - try not to feel too guilty, I can relate to how you feel. My sister had a baby a few days before we were diagnosed with our infertility. It took me so much strength to summon up the courage to visit her too.
Tischler - I have my fingers crossed for you that you still qualify for funding when you hit the waitlist.
Balcy - you're getting married soon - how exciting

Edited by august
seb77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 9:09pm
I won't claim this quote as my own. It is from a book but when I read it I didn't know whether to cry tears of sadness, frustration or hope.

She sums it up beautifully..

I can't know the pain you may have experienced in your quest for conception - the disappointment, the frustration, the hope and the hopelessness of each negative pregnancy test. Perhaps you, like me, have felt the heartbreak of conceiving and losing a child. Perhaps, like me, you have given the power over your own body to doctors in the hope that somehow they will make everything better. I dont know why we have been chose to undertake such a painful journey, why we must go through such struggles to bring our children into the world.

But I do know that when we look into our babies' faces, they will never have to wonder if they were wanted.

Ours are the children who, no matter how they came to us, will look at their parents and know, from the deepest place in their heart, how much we cherish them, and how we laboured to give them life. And in that there is no greater security and no greater gift.

Edited by seb77
seb77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 9:12pm
A friend sent me an email this evening. She has reached the top of the list. She is down in Dunedin and it only took her 7 months - aaaargh.

Anyway, from what she is saying sounds like you start the drugs about a month before the egg collection. So once your name gets to the top of the list you probably have a couple of months before the embryo is placed back in.

Info from her email:
Egg collection hopefully w/c 7 March. Which means that I start on the hormone drugs this coming Monday. In about 1 month, the 2nd drug is added. I inject myself (stomach) each night
LisaLooo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaLooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 9:20pm
Hi ladies.....

Seb77 - How lovely is that quote!! Thanks for sharing

Tischler - I know where you are coming from with the step kids - DH & I have his 10 yo DD and love her to bits but would love to have our own baby.

Balcy - Congrats on the wedding hunny!! What an exciting time for you both

FS has just increased my thyroid meds to 1 tab a day rather than 3 per week so bloods again in 4 weeks so hopefully FET will be soon......

Hi to everyone else and hope you are all well and may your name come up on the waiting list very soon
IVF ED 2000 BFN
IVF ED Oct 2010 BFN
FET March BFN
FET April BFP then m/c
ED cycle Feb BFP m/c 8 weeks
balcy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balcy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 9:44pm
Thank you everyone for your good wishes.
When we chose our wedding date, we had 19 weeks to organise, now we are down to 5.

I have to admit that it has been awesome to have something else to concentrate on, instead of counting down the weeks to hopefully hear about IVF. Counting down to a wedding is definately quicker.

SEB77 - what a great quote. So so true!!
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 5:29pm
Balcy - hope your wedding goes fantastically. A distraction is a great idea! Seb I love the quote, inspiring!

Just realised that whilst I don't know the exact in's and out's of the public system, I have been through IVF privately twice - so perhaps I should give you a bit of a heads up on how it works! Duh me, sorry for not doing it sooner.

This may be TMI - sorry if so, don't read on if you don't want to know!

When you get your letter I would assume they would ask you to go to an information session on IVF. We were skeptical about it, but it was actually really good, you get to talk to the nurses and the embryologists and they step through the whole system.

You are required to have had a recent smear (within 6 months) and you need to have day 3 and day 21 bloods (get used to blood tests!). I think they also do an internal scan (no biggy) as well ... maybe about day 3-5 [don't quote me on that - can't remember if it was before or just during the drugs etc].

You will go along to see the Nurse to have a drug education session and have a practice of administering an injection (even me as a needle-phobe coped well). Once they have all that sorted they'll put together a drug plan for you. There are lots of different protocols they can put you on depending on your FSH levels etc. Once they have your drug plan you get to start (and I'm sorry I can't remember what day of the cycle it was ... thinking day 1).

You generally start off with drugs to down-regulate your cycle (so you don't ovulate) and once your hormones are at an appropriate level they then introduce another drug to grow lots of follicles. During this time you get regular blood tests and internal scans (after the intro of the second drug) and then once you have enough follicles at a decent size (bigger than 16mm) then they will provide you with a injection to trigger ovulation to have exactly 36 hours before egg collection.

During egg collection you get lots of drugs and they remove the eggs and let you know how many they got. They then either get sperm via PESA/TESA or sample. They then fertilise the eggs and start the wee embies growing. You find out the next day how many have fertilised and then they decide whether to do a Day 3 or Day 5 transfer (depending on number of embryo's, quality etc).

You go in on the appropriate day and have the transfer (about 10 mins in total) and then get pessaries (ick) to use daily until your BT. The BT is between 10 and 14 days post transfer.

Phew - hope that maybe helped a bit. Ask away if you've got any questions. As we paid privately we just started into it (once they'd done the initial tests) and it took 2 months to do the cycle, so it was probably 3 months from initial contact to the pregnancy test.

For thawed transfers (if first try doesn't work) they like you to have one 'normal' cycle after IVF before doing the FET. Or you can choose whenever you wish, just ring them on CD1.

It is pretty intensive and emotional and the drugs do play havock with your system - but it's OK. A counsellor is available also to talk to, which we did once and it was really good.

Have a great weekend all - it's lovely weather
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 6:58pm
Hi Ladies

Well I have a great read this afternoon from fabulous set of ladies. You gals. I am knackered today, is working fulltime such I good idea I ask myself today?............. I have literally been on the couch for 2 hours now.

I have had to write all you names down to keep track - does that sound stalkerish???

The quote was fantastic Seb, made me cry but made me positive also.

Tischler I hope it all goes well in September and the months fly.   My woes are from a failed vasectomy reversal.   Tisch and Lisal I too have step children 22 and 24 believe it or not. My husband is 14 yrs older. They are more like little sister and brother than children, but I love them very much as a step mother and at times older sibling. They are great but I want my own.    

August - Thanks for the pep talk I try not to think about those so easy unexpected pregnancies out there and how they happen and I do believe in Karma but as I have stated I can get GREEN with ENVY. My husband often states its all about timing. Most times I want to knock his block off but this time half way through my first IVF cycle I have become bizarrely philosophical 11/2 days ago like I am in woodstock festival and all loved up and peace man.   SO ............... I am glad for the first four years of getting to know my step son and step daughter and the last 3 of having hubby and wife time. DINKS - Double income no kids (at home).

Balcy - a wedding soon - how exciting. that has gotta take your mind off it for while I bet. I am sure it will be a wonderful day, have you sorted everything yet or still ticking a few boxes. So much to organise.

I have just added 10GB to our internet connection for the weeks to come when I need to phase out. For 2nd scan and blood Monday EPU Wednesday at the earliest.

So positive and non obsessed today I almost forgot my 6pm injections. I had to smile this is a better day. Two days ago I would have cried.

Roll on Monday - take care gals

LisaLooo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaLooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 8:31pm
Mac3 - Maybe I should write names down to, i have a terrible memory but tickers help as you can see where everyone is at.

Tischler - Great explaining of the whole process. I am not so familiar as we had a ED so I skipped most of the meds except proygonova and the horrid pesaries.

I'm not liking the increase in thyroid tabs as I get hot flushes and headaches But it will be all worth it in the end.

Weekend is shaping up to be nice and warm so get out and enjoy xxx
IVF ED 2000 BFN
IVF ED Oct 2010 BFN
FET March BFN
FET April BFP then m/c
balcy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balcy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 10:33pm
Hi everyone

Tischler - thank you for the briefing on IVF. It sounds very in depth, but in no way changes my feelings about having treatment.

MAC - I think we pretty much have everything organised. Just all those last minute bits and pieces that cant be done until the week before left to do.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend... Ill be here checking to see whose popped in no doubt.

Take care everyone
seb77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seb77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 1:22pm
Great idea about writing down everyones details as I am also losing track.
have a super weekend ladies
MAC35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAC35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 9:29pm
Hi Lisaloo

I am struggling to get a ticker added any hint or step by step instructions most welcome.
TTC June 2006
MFI
ME 35 DH 48
IVF #1 Jan 2011 BFN
FET x1 April 2011 BFN
IVF #2 July 2011
IVF #3 Feb EC 2012

balcy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balcy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 10:09pm
It looks like you almost have it right, you will just need to change the format of the URL... But, here is step by step....

First of all you have to make one. Just click on one of mine and you can create one thru the link it will take you to.

Then once you have created in you need to bring up the url - it will need to be in this format PseudoHTML, UBBCode and BB Code ... once you have it up highlight it and copy it.

Then in the forums click on the profile button. The one next to the Private Messenger button, just above the new topic button..

Paste the url you copied into the correct box and you should be all good.

Hope this makes sense... Im not the best at instructions but good luck!

Edited by balcy1
LisaLooo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaLooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 8:57am
Excellent instructions Balcy :)

Hope you all enjoy the scorcher of a day we are about to have
IVF ED 2000 BFN
IVF ED Oct 2010 BFN
FET March BFN
FET April BFP then m/c
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 3:44pm
It's 37 degrees in Rangiora ......... I'm melting!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>