FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 72>
Author
squizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:26pm
How do I join this group? Do I just post on here? I just got a positive test this morning. Due date 14th Nov.
Sponsored Links

squizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by bobo1 bobo1 wrote:

Hi guys!! First time poster here too and am roughly 5 weeks preg. M/c in Sept last year so pretty (make that very!) nervous about this one!! Started out with v sore boobs but that's eased off now which makes me worry a lot! HAven't felt hungry either - actually feel the opposite, feel bloated and full. Is this normal or is it a bad sign? Am kind of thinking the worst :-( Went to doc on Friday but found him very discouraging to be honest. He organised bloods for me but told me not to go until later this week - but I want to know NOW lol!!! I feel like i want daily hcgs just to check the levels are rising!

Hi bobo1, my breasts were really sore too for about 4 days. It stopped yesterday and am 4 wks and 2 days today. I imagine it must be very stressful for you though. What's your due date?
dixie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 9:25am
My Dr gave me a referral for a dating scan so I figured that was just what you do. Didn't give any particular reason why I need it. However, she also said its too early to find a MW but I'm going to sort one out anyway so I don't miss out! It's hard when you have no idea what is meant to happen and just have to go with the flow.
Starting to feel sick now but have to keep telling myself its a good thing!
squizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 4:58pm
Oh I hope I don't get sick. I am trying to keep it secret from my work for at least 12 weeks. Everyone will be very suspect if I am regularly ill. When does it usually kick in?

I'm going to the doctor for my first visit tomorrow as I have a thyroid problem that I think will need monitoring.
bobo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 5:55pm
Thanks squizzy - I am due around 6th Nov I think, although that's kind of guess work!! LMP was 30 Jan, but I'm sure I ov'd on 11/12 Feb. So am roughly 5 weeks and a couple of days I think??

Have just had my bloods done so can't wait to find out the results, don't like all of this not knowing!!!
Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 6:05pm
Hi everyone. Nothing too much to report here. Getting some waves of nausea which I can quite happily deal with. Crossing my fingers that they don't progress to hyperemesis this time round. Tried to do a night shift in neonates last night a failed miserably lol. Was struggling to stay awake as it is so warm and dark in there. So I gave up and the nurse I was with was happy for me to head home. I have been feeling so tired so am going to switch my night placements to day. Appetite comes and goes. Feel bloated which i know is normal. Boobs are taking on a lifeforce of their own!

I am not going to have a dating scan or bloods. I know my LMP and want to scan as little as possible. I have done 2 HPT's so with the missed period and syptoms added in I am pretty confident i am pregnant lol.

Hope everyone is doing well and no-one is feeling too icky yet!

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by JennyL JennyL wrote:

Linzy: I'm having my scan in 2 week because then I'll either be 6 weeks or 10 weeks and the doc said you couldn't see anything until 6 weeks. So, maybe you want to wait a week or so too.

I am the same, when I have the scan next Thurs I will either be 6wks or 10wks (well maybe about 9.5wks). You are unlikely to see a heartbeat yet before 6wks but you will see the sack etc

I am only have a dating scan with this pg as I am unsure of dates. With Jack and Ben I was certain about dates, waited for the 20wk with Jack but got a 12wk with Ben. This pg will just be next weeks scan and then the 20wk, don't want a nucal fold done

Dixie - completely ignore your GP and find a mw now, they all seem to book up really fast, especially in AKL. And if you want to have a look around you need time. My GP (retired now) was lovely when I was pg with Jack but out of touch with how things are re mws etc, and from other threads/posts I have seen many GPs seem out of touch with how busy mws are.

Not feeling sick at all which is strange for me. Feeling good the last few days as well. Last week I was hitting a wall at noon and shattered for the rest of the day, but that seems to have passed

Edited by Linzy
Lindsey

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:08am
ick... the nausea is progressing but am hoping it will not go the full hog. Am ok now that I have food in ma belly but had the 'oh my god i'm going to spew' moment this morning. Can totally deal with it at the moment so not going to rush off and get accupuncture or anything yet.

Dixie - a lot of midwives get booked early now because the new screening tests mean midwives need to see women earlier, Particularly us oldies

Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:32am
Aw Katte, I really hope you don't get as sick as last time!

I haven't booked a MW yet but thats cos she is away so hoping she isnt booked up for November already! Will wait till she gets back in 5 or so days.

DH thinks that we should just wait till 12 weeks to have our first scan as then we have more of a chance in having a healthy baby there to stay rather than get an early scan at 7-8 weeks and then find out things go pear shaped after that. Im really not sure what I want as I don't want to get to 12 weeks and find out there's nothing there or had a missed m/c or something and I could have found out at 7-8 weeks. Really unsure what to do.... what would you guys do?

Angel baby - May 2008
Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 11:24am

31st October - jamsta          
1st - Babynumberone   
2nd - Dixie           
2nd - Salz            
5th - anahr          
5th - katte
5th - MissM          
8th - squirtsmum
9th - Mum_mum   - will be finding out!
10th - Linzy    - not finding out!
11th - Smurfette
13th - JennyL
14th - Squizzy       
BabySurprise    - ?th - Not finding out but thinks Boy
Bobo1 - ?th

Angel baby - May 2008
Tinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 2:41pm
Hi everyone.

Thought it was about time i said something,

Number 2 due on 11.11.11.

Already have the MW I had for number 1 due to the pile of complications I had!

Looking forward to journeying with you all!

Edited by Tinks

JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 2:52pm
Hi everyone
I am due about 12/11.
This will be my fourth baby :-) I just found out this morning and will wait (if I can) to tell DH till tomorrow since it will be our 5th wedding anniversary. It wasn't planned, but I know he will be super excited!
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by smurfette smurfette wrote:

For the first time Mum To Be's on here, I hope you get to enjoy your pregnancy, because it's a lovely time. Try not to be too hung up on hormone levels or every little twinge. A relaxed and chilled out Mum goes a long way in producing a relaxed and chilled out bub, and that is definitely what you want! All the girls in my coffee group who stress about everything, have highly stressed kids. Honest!

This is very sage advice
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 5:34pm
Katte, you doing the 12 week test??
Kel

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:00pm
Yep Kel. Due to my age I will do the new combined first trimester screening test which is the maternal serum screening blood test plus the 12 week scan.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:03pm
Nice, jabs early lol
Kel

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 6:19pm
yeah. nothing like a blood test to make your day lol usually done around 9-10 weeks. Welcome to pregnancy

squizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by AandCsmum AandCsmum wrote:

Originally posted by smurfette smurfette wrote:

For the first time Mum To Be's on here, I hope you get to enjoy your pregnancy, because it's a lovely time. Try not to be too hung up on hormone levels or every little twinge. A relaxed and chilled out Mum goes a long way in producing a relaxed and chilled out bub, and that is definitely what you want! All the girls in my coffee group who stress about everything, have highly stressed kids. Honest!

This is very sage advice

Thanks ladies.... just relax. Will do my best. Went to the doc today for my thyroid blood tests. She made me feel really relaxed, she reminded me that pregnancy is a natural healthy state to be in, and not a disease that needs to be treated. She said I won't have a MW because of my thyroid. I'll have to have an OB, I was looking forward to a MW, I hope my OB will be nice. Oh well whatever's best.
Tinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:56pm
Squizzy, I think you'll need a MW for after you have bubs? cause I'm pretty sure OB's dont look after you...(well mine didnt for #1!)
Just double check k?

squizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Tinks Tinks wrote:

Squizzy, I think you'll need a MW for after you have bubs? cause I'm pretty sure OB's dont look after you...(well mine didnt for #1!)
Just double check k?

Tinks, Thanks for that, so I would still need to look at booking a MW now then?

My GP mainly has men as patients so she doesn't deal with pregnancy much. She has had kids herself but that would have been 25 years ago. Whilst the basics are still the same, I am sure the management has changed. She was very reassuring though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 72>