FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 72>
Author
Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:33pm
Squizzy.... is your OB a private one or attached to the hosp? Most private ones have their own midwives that work with them and if you are under a hosp OB then you would be looked after postnatally by a community midwife who works out of the hospital. The only way your would be able to have an independent midwife look after you postnatally was if you had been under a midwife at the start of your pregnancy and then were transferred in to the hosp. Then you could opt to have your original midwife do your postnatal care. Hope that makes sense?????

Sponsored Links

Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 10:22am
Hey all, hows everyone feeling? Pretty much symptomless at the momment but pretty sure with DD I didnt get any symptoms till 6-7 weeks so must be just around the corner!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend

Angel baby - May 2008
choco69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choco69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 10:49am
**lurker in**

Squizzy - as Katte said if you choose a private OB then you will need to pay - even if it is shared care with your midwife, alternatives are full OB care using their midwives for after care support (cost about $3500 in Auckland), or your midwife will refer you to the hospital OB and you will get whoever is on at the clinic/delivery on the day.

**lurker out**

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 4:07pm
Hi everyone Maybe I am stealing all the symptoms Mum_mum Coping heaps better than the last two times tho and hoping the hyperemesis will stick it's nasty head in the sand. No vomiting just nausea in the mornings and around mid afternoon. Will know in the next week what I am in for as it got worse around 6 1/2 weeks with the other two.

Have a fab weekend everyone and enjoy the sunshine!

Kosmolicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kosmolicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:34pm
Hi, My babe is due November 8th. Wow - It's such an exciting and nervous time. And the hormones, I've cried 3 times already today! Once during a music video!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kosmolicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:42pm
How do I get that cute little baby counter ticker thingy?
I'm in Wellington by the way. Lower Hutt to be exact :)
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:50pm
Hi ladies - found out on Thursday I'm due the 16th of Nov! Argh, nearly 6months of trying it seems to be untrue (but a few HPT's later I am)

DH is determined to not get excited which sucks big time, but we're taking it as we come. Other than AF being late I had no other signs.... though my boobs are getting more and more sore which sucks!

Looking forward to the next 8 months with everyone!

Bun-mum click on someones 'ticker' that you like, go thorugh the steps to create one for you, then click on the word 'Profile' up the top of this page... scroll through and you'll see the part where you can put in your signature. You can also add any other details for people to see when they click on your profile button that is on the bottom of each of your posts

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:54pm

31st October - jamsta          
1st - Babynumberone   
2nd - Dixie           
2nd - Salz            
5th - anahr          
5th - katte
5th - MissM          
8th - squirtsmum
8th - Bun-Mum
9th - Mum_mum   - will be finding out!
10th - Linzy    - not finding out!
11th - Smurfette
11th - JD
13th - JennyL
14th - Squizzy
16th - Crazy Cass - not finding out!       
BabySurprise    - ?th - Not finding out but thinks Boy
Bobo1 - ?th

Just updating the list with us newbies!

PumpkinBaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PumpkinBaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 9:21pm
I'm due on the 13th of Nov 2011 and we will not be finding out the sex of the baby.
This is our first baby, so exciting! especially after only one month of trying, (while on honeymoon) we were quite surprised.

Edited by PumpkinBaker
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 10:03pm
Lemon muffins might help Katte???
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 4:07pm
Hey ladies,
I just got me a BFP so am joining you in here
Due date calculator estimates my date to be 17th November but my cycle varies in length a bit so might be later. Off to the GP for me this week to get it all confirmed and hopefully numbers will keep going up and up!!
Sore (.)(.) were my giveaway and tired ++... when they say you know you know and that is definately true!
How excitement!!
squizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Katte Katte wrote:

Squizzy.... is your OB a private one or attached to the hosp? Most private ones have their own midwives that work with them and if you are under a hosp OB then you would be looked after postnatally by a community midwife who works out of the hospital. The only way your would be able to have an independent midwife look after you postnatally was if you had been under a midwife at the start of your pregnancy and then were transferred in to the hosp. Then you could opt to have your original midwife do your postnatal care. Hope that makes sense?????

Thanks Katte, I'll have to find out if there are any private OBs in my area (which is not Wellington but for privacy in this early stage I would like to keep quiet).
I have Southern Cross so I think they will pay for part of the OB visits.
squizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 4:19pm
I've been a bit queasy at times but I don't know if that from being pregnant or due to my total guilt of lying to my friends...telling them that I'm not pregnant. I went to a wedding, every second person (slight exaggeration for effect) asked "why aren't you drinking? Are you pregnant?". Way too early for me to tell anyone so I lied. I have noted down the names of all the people who I lied to so I can call them and tell them personally before I announce to the world.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 6:05pm
Welcome to the new Mums-to-be in the Nov thread.

Feeling good still except for a killer back ache after moving about .75m3 of soil into my vege garden! No MS at thins stage which I am glad about, had it with both boys.

Getting very impatient waiting for my scan on Thursday.

Anyone started thinking about names? My asked me about names yesterday, was really surprised that she asked especially so early on. Still love Bella for a girl, was the name we had if Ben was a girl. Have no idea on boys names yet
Lindsey

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:50pm
Yay for more nov girl!

I'm still ok -just hungry before a meal which usually doesnt happen.. and lots of 4am wake up calls and can't sleep againt till 6ish other than that I'm good as gold seeing as we arent telling anyone till the 12 week mark i'm spacing out going to the dr & ringing the midwife.... need a step as i go along so i dont burst!

We decided ages ago (before Twilight) that we like Isabelle for a girl (I desperately want a girl called Izzy but the Izzy had to be short for something). No boys names as of yet. Not finding out the sex which will make it interesting

Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 7:53am
Welcome to all the newbies - Squizzy don't worry about lying to people, they will understand but yeah I've had to tell people "soon" when they ask if we're planning another yet.

Feeling quite queazy in the mornings but trying not to gag lol. Changing DD's nappy in the morning is hard

Names - I liked Grace for a girl but DH doesn't. Also Bryn for a boy but again DH doesn't, he likes Dave, Im just not sure I can bring a tiny baby home and call him Dave.... kinda like Dave from the pub name to me

Angel baby - May 2008

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kosmolicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:58am
Morning everyone,
So, midwives. All the ones I've called seem to be busy. Is this normal? I mean I'm not due til Nov. What do you do if you can't find anyone?
This is my first pregnancy and and I am terribly excited but nervous as well. Just hoping we make it to 12 weeks with no problems. That's normal right?
Babies- Yay!

38yrs with a 4yr old. Been TTc for almost 2yrs now. Have just tried Letrozole but think I have luteal phase defect. 23ish day cycles.
miss_freckles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_freckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 11:30am
*lurker*

Hey Bun-Mum... Wellington is a bit tricky with midwives from my own experience..I'm due in September with our first as well and at 5 weeks I had to do a bit of a search - which was tricky as it was New Years - I'm Tawa/Porirua way... I'm not in the Hutt, but if you try this link: http://www.wellingtonmidwives.com/
its a pretty exhaustive list... I then googled names from the list to see who was recommended on forums etc. and then met a couple that could fit with my date. In the Hutt the only midwife that a friend recommended to me (then remembered I'm Porirua way) was Grace Pilay. I'd heard that Hutt hospital have a good team too....but no first hand experience with that one!

Congratulations and enjoy....the first 12 weeks I found nerve racking too, particularly as you try to relate to other peoples experiences. I got myself in a pickle for a little while with over thinking and then settled...Go with it and enjoy (as best you can if MS becomes a problem!!)

Congrats to all the other November mums!!!

lurker out....I'll return to my September corner..LOL

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:19pm
Ugh just rang the midwife a good friend suggested & she's retiring
Time to start again.... Does anyone know any Rotorua based midwives?

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Bun-Mum Bun-Mum wrote:

Morning everyone,
So, midwives. All the ones I've called seem to be busy. Is this normal? I mean I'm not due til Nov. What do you do if you can't find anyone?

It can be very common so keep looking and ringing around. With Ben I called my mw at 4w1d to make sure I got her, this time I was 4w2d and have got her again altho she is away the month before my due date.

This is my 3rd pg and I still have to remind myself not to overthink things. I am actually hoping that the scan on Thurs puts me further along so that I am closer to the 12wk mark.

Still feeling good. Saw my notes from Ben and my first mw appt at 7w3d said I had ms, so unfortunately there is still time
Lindsey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 72>