FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 72>
Author
salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:39pm
Hey Crazycas Im Rotorua too will PM you!

Sponsored Links

Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:47pm
Im in the hutt and I recommend Alison Wightman but not sure if shes taking on new clients as shes retiring in the next couple of years so might just be doing 2nd time ones... Shes away at the moment so I haven't been able to book ehr yet but hoping I still can!

Her back-up Lesley Gummer is amazing as well. She delivered DD and was jsut awesome. If I can't get Alison for any reason I will try Lesley.

Erm but I can't seem to find them on the list so a little unsure what group of midwives they work with

Angel baby - May 2008
Babynumberone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babynumberone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 4:21pm
Hi guys well iv got a bit of a dilemma, we have staff drinks on wednesday and of course i cant drink. how do i not sound to rude in not going or what sort of drinks can i have?

Told my parents last week we put a bib around our dog saying grandma, grandad, nana, pop lol. so will be telling the in-laws sometime this week.

No MS yet, but today i was felling a little sick :( and have still been having cramps. my boobs hare huge and sore lol

MissyM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 5:36pm

Hey Babynumberone I had the same dilemma I had a good
friends 30th I just pulled the sober driver card no one asked me if I was pregnant but they dont ask anymore as it took over a year to get pregnant. You could say you have dinner with family or a headache. Good luck.

I havent told family yet just 3 close friends and my boss.
Only told my boss because morning sickness has set in quite
bad!!
squizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Babynumberone Babynumberone wrote:

Hi guys well iv got a bit of a dilemma, we have staff drinks on wednesday and of course i cant drink. how do i not sound to rude in not going or what sort of drinks can i have?

Told my parents last week we put a bib around our dog saying grandma, grandad, nana, pop lol. so will be telling the in-laws sometime this week.

No MS yet, but today i was felling a little sick :( and have still been having cramps. my boobs hare huge and sore lol

I went to a wedding on the weekend at which we were staying the night so the sober driving excuse was no help. I just told people that I was on antibiotics. Drank mocktails, water, and oj. Felt terrible lying but as Mum_mum said in the forum above, people will understand.
squizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 5:54pm
So told my boss today. As I'm currently working in a different town to where I live I'm going to need my bosses to cut me some slack. They are a bit reluctant but I think they'll come round.
Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by CrazyCass CrazyCass wrote:

Ugh just rang the midwife a good friend suggested & she's retiring
Time to start again.... Does anyone know any Rotorua based midwives?

CC I'm in Rotorua too, rang a midwife today on recommendation from a friend and she's got heaps of room in November. Let me know if you want her number
Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 7:47pm
well morning sickness has well and truly kicked in dammit :( Feel like a ginormous pile of poo in the mornings. It subsides to a dull roar and i start feeling like I am human around about 11am and then the ms kicks back in from about 5pm so at least I can function for most of the day. Thankfully, being a midwifery student those around me understand and have some empathy. Am relly hoping it doesn't get any worse. Wearing wrist bands that make me look like I am making some bizarre fashion statement (or people know exactly what is going on!) and feeding the nausea when possible. This is the part of pregnancy that does my head in!

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 8:30pm
I've got a number for now Atiamuri - She's on leave till next week so will let you know.... They seemed suprised that i'd rung so early
My Dr also said I had to go to them not the MW first... gah everyone I speak to has a different view. Oh well Dr app is next monday we'll just have to go from there

Where are you based Atiamuri? We are based out Ngongotaha, Salz is in Rotorua to!

PumpkinBaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PumpkinBaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 8:43pm
Well I feel really stink, I just called a midwife in my area who told me I had to call back in working hours unless it's an emergency. I started explaining I cant call in working hours and she hung up on me!
Made me feel really awful and upset, damn hormones!

Anyway I won't be calling her back.

Today I started feeling really uncomfortably bloated at work (but not quite throwing-up sick) so I think my morning sickness is about to kick in, Already quite lethargic and the boobs started being tender today too. My Hubby is away too so having to deal with all this by myself.

On a brighter note I got to read about a new week today in my copy of what to expect when your expecting, and on my phone pregnany app :) 6 weeks today.
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 7:45am
That sucks Pumpkin! How rude of her!
Where abouts are you? Have you got any back ups you can call?

Tinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 11:16am
That is terrible PumpkinBaker! I wouldnt be calling her back either!

Squizzy - Antibiotics was a good call1, Go you!

Still no MS for me, which is odd cuz with #1 i woke up the day my AF was due and felt ill and it carried on till 16 weeks!

Hope everyones weeks have started out well.

fairy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 11:30am
Good luck everyone. Hope everything goes well and you all have adorable babies at the end. Very strange to think this time a year ago I had just become pregnant with my little man.
Squizzy, if your GP is saying you need to be under a gp then they should refer you so you don't have to pay. If you are under a ob (at least in the public service) you can still have an independent midwife to monitor you. From my experience with the public sector (I was under an ob and referred by my gp) I recommend an independent midwife.
Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 6:06pm
Awww pumpkinbaker thats not very nice! Would definatly NOT be calling her back!

Got my scan booked for 1 1/2 weeks away so will be 7w2d. Am excited.

Starting to feel pretty yuck, specially in the afternoon making cooking tea hard but think I just need to eat more as after dinner Im feeling better.

Katte I really hope the MS isn't as bad this time for you, I think I remember your pregnancy last time and it sounded aweful!

Angel baby - May 2008
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 7:50pm
I hope it's not tempting fate too much, but I'll tentatively stick my head in here. I'm due Nov 17 - and have a little boy who is 19 months.

Edited by Bexee
PumpkinBaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PumpkinBaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 8:30pm
Right, midwife sorted! contacted a lovely lady who is based above the doctors surgery and only about 1km from home :)
Thanks very much for your support, I didn't think it was right for the other lady to be so rude either.

Does anyone else keep forgetting they are pregnant? I haven't had any awful symptoms yet so often just feel normal and forget this huge amazing thing that is happening in my life. I think once I hit 12 weeks (easter weekend) and we are able to tell everyone it will be better, I hate keeping secrets!
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 7:46am

31st October - jamsta          
1st - Babynumberone   
2nd - Dixie           
2nd - Salz            
5th - anahr          
5th - katte
5th - MissM          
8th - squirtsmum
8th - Bun-Mum
9th - Mum_mum   - will be finding out!
10th - Linzy    - not finding out!
11th - Smurfette
11th - JD
13th - JennyL
13th - Pumpkin Baker
14th - Squizzy
16th - Crazy Cass - not finding out!
17th - Atiamuri
17th - Bexee       
BabySurprise    - ?th - Not finding out but thinks Boy
Bobo1 - ?th

Just updating the list with newbies! Should we include the MW & Scan dates on the list - makes it easie to harass for news

Atiamuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atiamuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 7:46am
Morning ladies,
I just want to know your experience with having a scan earlier than 12 weeks - I had a missed miscarriage on our last pregnancy (found out at 12 weeks, baby dated at 8 weeks) and am of course a little apprehensive this time about the same thing. Do you think I should be pushing my GP for an earlier scan?
Mum_Mum I see you have an earlier one, what is the rationale for that?
Bexee - snap - we're due on the same day!!
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 7:52am
Right Housekeeping out of the way - My isnt the list growing!

I'm still feeling pretty good - back to full nights sleeps which is nice - sick and tired of feeling hungry all the time though... trying to not eat too much more because its not needed at this point!

Yup can't wait till we can tell people, I had to lie to mum yesterday when I was complaining I couldnt take my hayfever meds (its flaired up real bad this week), I just had to blow her off and say I stopped taking all the stuff that is preg safe when we started trying, have to learn to suffer at some point aye!

Anyone got interesting ways of telling family that are out of town or overseas?

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 7:55am
Atiamuri - Seems lots of people have early scans - just let your Dr know you want to be safe

My sister had scans what seemed every 3weeks during her pregnancy - her midwife would write a request out for her when ever she asked.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 72>