FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLooking after yourself

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking after yourself
    Posted: 23 June 2011 at 9:25am
What things do you do to look after yourself?

I'm temporarily single parent till DH comes home next month, I have my 2nd cold since he left and I think its mainly cause I'm not getting enough rest, DD has had it as well meaning she isn't sleeping much at night.

I really don't want to get sick again before DH comes home what can I do to boost my immune system while bf?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 11:29am
I try to drink plenty of water and make sure that I make a nice dinner every night with veges. When I do the shopping I buy myself one treat food for the week and make sure that everything else is not to over processed. I live with family and have othere living close by so I can pawn DD off to them in the weekends to get a break.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:57pm
You can take things like berocca while breastfeeding. Pop into a health shop and talk to them about a supplement you can take.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 1:43pm
Garlic!! (if it doesnt give DD wind of course). I am some kind of machine though i never seem to get sick and i wander around underdressed with barefeet. Immunity machine! But yeah, water, keep warm, eat healthy and veges.
AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 5:15pm
I must admit I have picked up a lot more bugs than previous years and I think a lot of it is to do with being a single mum and not quite focusing enough on my (health) needs once I realised this I took a course of Buccaline which seems to have helped perk up my immune system... other than that, I do try and eat well (not always successful) and make the most of a very willing Nan to help out when I need a bit of timeout.
 Post Reply Post Reply