FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 89>
Author
Journey for life View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey for life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 1:31pm
Hello ladies, oh well we did try to catch up :-) perhaps some other time.

I have a scan on Tuesday really looking forward to seeing our wee girl. Funny I am really starting to get quite excited. Have my invites done for my baby shower just need to get into post. Planning all done (I am a planning freak)!.

I have being getting really distracted lately concentration going a little haywire

Pleased to see everyone is doing okay. Thinking of you Auzzymum, gosh I would love to take some of the strain from you.

CindyP take care you try to get that rest!!

Welcome Canuckiwi - I don't think we have a private forum.

Welcome back Calais!

Over and out for now - JFL
Sponsored Links

ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 1:31pm
Buntingsmum are you in Auckland? If so the Egg Outlet is brilliant- went in there recently and they had $10, $20 and $35 racks!

CindyP so glad the scan went well! Hope the pain eases for you- I had quite a bit of pain when preg with DS for no reason.
Whats the grabone deal you are doing? Exciting- hope it goes really well

AuzzyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuzzyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 5:58pm
Hello Ladies.

Well today I turned 30. I spent the whole day running around after DS and feeling sorry for myself coz I need rest.
The pain is still bad and I fear that every twinge will be my waters going. We are 24 weeks now so bub is getting active and heavy. Not sure how much more weight I can handle.
Bub is laying across which the midwife thinks is the only reason he is still in there. Back is up and legs and arms down so he can't put to much pressure on my cervics.
So any day now he may turn and I might be off to Auckland.
Lol great news to hear on my birthday.

Sorry you didn't get to meet up. It would have been great to hear about it.

I got this dress of Ebay. It's great summer maternity at a resonable price. They are not as short as I thought being a Tunic would be.
They also have it in a straight skirt but I don't like them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-DEAL-Womens-Maternity-Dress-Tunic-Short-Sleeve-V-Neck-Stretchy-FT875-/330737683068?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&var=&hash=item4d01808a7c

I hope your pain goes away also CindyP. I feel for any of us that have to deal with this. Hugs. Rest is your best friend. So is a warm bath.
Moobear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moobear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 5:27pm
Hi Ladies, just popping in as it's been a while. Happy birthday AuzzyMum ereynolds could you please tell me where the egg outlet shop is? Hope the pain goes away that some of you are experiencing. Not much from me - time is flying by. Found out my sister is also pregnant so I am so happy for her Hope everyone else is well x
Angel Babies       
Sept 2011 March 2012
Piglet13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 5:36pm
hello im looking for some advice im 28 weeks and am used to the times our little one moves, im getting worried as shes not moving half as much as normal not sure what to do :/ x
Buntingsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buntingsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 8:24pm
Hi ladies

Auzzymum - happy birthday for yesterday! Hopefully your DH was home today and you could have a belated birthday rest! I bet you're glad that school is back next week.

kjrlhb - our baby moves more some days than others. Has the same timetable each day but defintiely some days are more than others. I think you're meant to feel 10 movements per day from about 28 weeks. If you're worried, give your MW a call.

ereynolds - thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I'm not in Auckland, no maternity shops where I live so it's all internet shopping!

JFL - cool a baby shower! I didn't have one for DS (thought I didn't want one) but wish I did! I'd feel a bit cheeky having one for #2.

Bought my first PINK outfit today!!!! Was buying a new hat for DS and it was on special.

#2 must be having agrowth spurt ... I am so hungry!

Edited by Buntingsmum - 13 October 2012 at 8:26pm
[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb2m.lilypie.com/OCHup13.png][/URL]

[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lmtm.lilypie.com/sz8Fp12.png][/URL]
Canuckiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuckiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 9:51pm
Journey for Life & Bunting's Mum - Thanks for the welcome! Am very excited to get to know some people who are expecting around the same time. :) Yes indeed, Canadian, but been here for 9 years now and DH is Kiwi country boy through and through!

AuzzyMum - Happy belated birthday for yesterday - hope you got a bit of R&R today... thanks for the link on ebay - it looks like a super cute dress.

kjrhlb - ring your MW - that's what they're there for - hope all's okay. xx my bub's been really active today (because I've had an incredibly lazy day), but when I'm up and around more, s/he's really quiet, so that may have something to do with it?

ereynolds - where's the egg outlet in Aucks? do they do any plus sizes? I'm in between normal and plus size, which makes it a challenge to find nice clothes sometimes.

Edited by Canuckiwi - 13 October 2012 at 10:03pm
Canuckiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuckiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 9:53pm
Sorry - I didn't realise there wasn't a private forum by the way - I was reading the welcome at the start of the group and just trying to get my head around it all!

Edited by Canuckiwi - 13 October 2012 at 9:54pm
Piglet13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 11:50pm
hello thank you for all your advice i dont have my own midwife im just with the primary care midwifes so gave them a call and went to hospital all is ok a icy cold water did the trick :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buntingsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 8:34am
ohhhh! Icey cold water! Intriguing! Glad all is ok though. At least you can relax today
Canuckiwi - don't worry about the private forum thingy - there has been some talk of it so it would get confusing! My DH is canadian and a vancouver supporter at that

Canuckiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuckiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 10:43am
Glad that all's good with you and bubs is moving again! I'll file that icy cold water tip away though!
Buntingsmum - We Canadians are pretty endearing. I'm a staunch Toronto supporter, but I'm pretty fond of Vancouver (I have to pretend that I'm not, in order to wind up my sis-in-law though!)
AuzzyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuzzyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 3:40pm
Sorry I should have posted the Ice water trick here rather than pm it.
I thought it was a well known trick.
My midwife told me when I am having a busy day and don't think I have felt anything just drink an icy or really cold drink then lay on the couch or in bed for a hour. Sure fire way to wake up a sleeping bub and reassure a worried mummy.

Buntingsmum- I have the same problem with clothes. All online for me.
I can give you a list of the shops I have used this time around if you like. I'm a cheapy so go for the sale items or cheaper sites like ebay
CindyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CindyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 9:06am
O yeah,
Deal is running on Grabone today.
Just saw there is so much to read on this page. Will have to get my coco pops and read through this properly :)
Journey for life View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey for life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 5:45pm
Scan tomorrow yeah Super excited.

My wee girl has been very active I swear it's felt like she has been having a dance party in there the last couple of days.

Funny isn't it! I worry when I don't get alot of movement now Im worried Im getting too much movement!

Had the test today to check for gestational diabetes results should be through tomorrow for when I see the doctor. I read that the test could take two hours thank fully I was there a total of 1 hour and 10 mins so not too bad.

Have a nice evening all.
Bobstar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 9:38am
Hi girls and welcome to the new girlie's,

Haven't been on here for ages so took a while to catch-up on the thread.

JFL - So sorry I missed the opportunity to get together, next time I hope.

Anyway..........Its a Girl!!! 29 weeks tomorrow and it feels like we have waited for ever. We have one of each already so no matter really but I was secretly thinking pink, I sooooo love to play dolly-dress-ups DH believes his wallet will be happier as we have girls stuff from our 4 yr old DD but he is just deluded, bless him...

We had a 4D scan and we could see that she has her sisters' cute little mouth and nose.

Someone was talking about a private forum, its not on this website but via your fb page. Just send a 'friend request' to Rayon de Soleil (also known as Hannie) with a short message saying you are from this forum and she will accept you. You will then be on our 'Due in Jan 2013' private chat group. It is nice to pop in here from time to time but my fb page is always open so have daily (real time) chats with the girls, do feel free to join us, the more the merrier!

Wishing you all happy, healthy baby vibes

[/url]
[/url]
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buntingsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 9:46am
JFL - I hope the scan went well for you. I have my 2 hour diabetes test tomorrow. You do a 1 hour polycose test as a screeneing test -if you 'fail' that you have to do the 2 hour one. Because I had GD last time I have to do the 2 hour one straight up. I think I buy myself a book and enjoy the quiet (I am not allowed to leave the path lab building).

Auzzymum - thanks for the offer the sites for cloting - always great to know - I need some tops - think I've got the bottoms sorted now. If you could pm me them that's be great. I hope you little man is still lying transverse!

Hope everyone else is going well :) Congrats on the girl Bobstar! LOL at your deluded DH.

Edited by Buntingsmum - 17 October 2012 at 9:47am

CindyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CindyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:52pm
After a hard day of working in the garden- well actually watching hubby work and every now and then trying to be helpful, I am totally buggered.

Moving house on Saturday and the property manager is being a cow. She wants to inspect the house on friday at 11 which is before we move and wants the keys on Saturday at 1. Talk about being a pain.

Auzzymum- how is mum and baby doing? I hope all is well and you are getting to relax. Hubby told me he is allowing me to act like a princess and just be lazy so I am happy. Happy Belated Birthday as well.

Moobear- Omg its been ages that you have been on.

Canuckiwi- Welcome to the group. When is your little one due?

Buntingsmum- How are you and DS doing and the little one of course.

Bobstar- Congrats on the the girl news. So excited for you.

Journey for Life- How did the scan go and the test result. I have a glucose test next week. I have to remember to schedule that in some time.

Anyway its nearly 11 at night I better get my tired body into a warm shower and bed.
Hope you all have a nice week.

Canuckiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuckiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:00pm
JFL & Buntingsmum - Hope your GD test came out okay! I had to do the whole 2 hour one (because I have a host of the risk factors) - but I did get a HEAP of knitting done while I sat there.

Thanks for the info about the fb group, Bobstar - I'll send Rayon de Soleil a message. Congrats on the girl! I have a gut feeling mine's a girl, but DH thinks it's a boy.

Cindy - Thanks! Bubs is due on the 13th of Jan, so trying to get stuff sorted little by little now... otherwise s/he'll be sleeping in a drawer come January!

Hope you all have a wonderful (and dry) long weekend!
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 7:56am
Phew haven't been on here for a wee while! lots to catch up on!

I am having my GD test done today... yahoo... not! Just hope its all ok. Lucky hubby has today off so can look after Mr2 as I dont quite know what I'd do otherwise!

Thanks for that Bobstar! Will do that now. :) I'm on FB a lot more than I am here (and really, a lot more than I should be...)
Congrats on your girl!! :D

JFL sorry about the catch up. Definitely keen to do it sometime though! Earlier this week was hectic.

For those interested, The Egg Outlet is at 115 Khyber Pass road in Auckland city. Mon - Fri 10.00am -3pm. Sat 10.00am - 2pm. Definitely worth a look if you are in the area as some of their stuff is really cheap. They do have some outlet stuff online, but no where near as good as instore.

Hope you all have a good labour weekend. Hope its nice weather all around too!

CindyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CindyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 11:19am
Hi ladies,

Just came back from doing a quick run to the warehouse to get bulbs as moving house this weekend. Wish I did not. I was driving down a one way and this guy decided to take a chance and come up it illegally. He then blocked my way as well as the cars behind me. He would not move and then decided to start verbally attacking me and then decided spitting at my car was appropriate. The guy behind me came out and came to my rescue and had an argument with this guy.

I left so angry and as I drove away my window was open and he spat in my face. Aaargh. Some people uurgh.

Sorry just had to vent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 89>