FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 89>
Author
Buntingsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buntingsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 2:54pm
CindyP - that is absolutely disgusting. I'd be furious.
I'm glad someone hepled you out. Sounds just awful.
Good luck wiith the house move. Tough when your pregnant.

I'm waiting on my GD test results - trying not to ring the MW and bother her as it will be what it will be. But I hope it hasn't come on yet ...

Have a great long weekend everyone! Hopefully we'll get stuff done around home.
[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb2m.lilypie.com/OCHup13.png][/URL]

[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lmtm.lilypie.com/sz8Fp12.png][/URL]
Sponsored Links

AuzzyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuzzyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 9:28pm
Hello Ladies. Sorry I don't get in as much at the moment.
DS is back at school now so I should have more time.

Had my GD test yesterday. Buntingsmum I am trying not to bother the midwife for results also.
Bub was not moving for the rest of the day after the test so got me a bit worried as most of you have said bubs was very active after.

CindyP some people should not be let out of their houses. Stupid rude people.

So my pains have stopped the last few days. Looks like I am out of the danger zone for now. Thankfully bub has not turned. I'm not sure if he will later but I'm almost hoping not even if it means a c-sec.
Or if he does turn he can wait for at least another month.
I am 26 weeks on Monday. So another 10 weeks and I would be very happy.
I can't believe how close it's getting for us all.

I have resined myself to not getting a nursery again.
DH can't move to the garage as we had hoped. So I get half the room. Enough for the change table and cot. I am going to set up my BFing station in the lounge. My lazy boy is all ready I just need a table next to it for snacks and my water bottle.
The change table is all ready to go. Boxes under it. 1 for nappy changes, 1 for bath time and 1 for me. The 1 for me has breast pads, hand and nipple cream, magazines and snacks. I'm sure I'll add more to it.
DH suggested this so I can just ask him or DS to get me the box and they know they are getting what I need rather than having to find whatever it is.

I hope you are all going well and looking forward to the long weekend.

CindyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CindyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 10:56pm
Hope you lovely ladies have a lovely long weekend.

I officially go offline this evening until around wednesday/thursday when the internet will finally be installed. Not sure how I am going to survive.

Auzzymum- Love your idea of a third box. I am going to steal that idea
Canuckiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuckiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 7:37pm
Cindy - Yuck! that is just vile! Thank goodness there are some decent people still about to help when needed.

Auzzymum - Glad to hear that you're doing better and out of the danger zone. Hopefully you can keep getting lots of rest over the weekend while you're offline.

Hope you're all having a great long weekend!
Piglet13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 11:04pm
how do u do the pregnancy ticker thing? x
Journey for life View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey for life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 2:04pm
Hello ladies,

CindyP - miserable sod - need I say more - obviously one of those low life’s of society!

Auzzymum - great to hear the pains have settled for you - may he stay in you tum for the duration!

I haven't started our room yet - keep meaning to do it but then something else comes up. We were going to do it the weekend just gone, as life goes though one thing popped up after the other that needed dealing with. Perhaps this Sunday???? We have had our cot for a year and a half now and the shop that we purchased it from has gone bust so I have my fingers and toes crossed that it will come together without any hitch's.

Test results came back all clear. My scan went well love seeing my little girl. She is breach at the moment. Made me laugh I had said to my husband a couple of weeks ago "I feel like she is kicking me in the bum but know that isn't possible because her head is meant to be there" - lol when she was indeed kicking me in the bum.

Only 8.5 weeks left of work for me (41 actual working days). I had last week off - needed some rest. I hope I last the distance. 11 Weeks until baby is here - getting rather nervous on one hand and on the other I can't wait until we meet her!
Canuckiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuckiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 7:02pm
Hey Ladies,

Hope you all had a fab weekend - I have a question - have any of you experienced SPD? If so, is there anything that can be done to relieve the pain? I've ordered a belt and will get a referral for physio from my midwife next week...

I'm in a lot of pain and may have burst into tears several times today at work.
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 7:53am
Oh CindyP thats horrible! So glad someone helped you!

Auzzymum that is a good idea! We are planning on having a box for DS- mainly when i'm breastfeeding and he wants attention (special toys, some books, maybe a snack). My MIL suggested it as she said it really helped her.

Oh Canuckiwi SPD is, well, literally a pain in the ass. Sorry you are having so much pain with it. I have a smileybelt which helped me HEAPS with DS and I have just started wearing it this time around. I was never diagnosed with SPD per say, but did have extreme hip/sacroilliac pain with DS and its starting again now.
I am getting referred to a physio by my midwife as it helped last time- they have me a bunch of stretches etc to do (of which I've forgotten them all now) and I found yoga helps too.
How long do you have to go at work? Have you looked at the chair that you sit in (assuming you are at a desk?) Just a thought as maybe that might not be helping things?

My GD results and blood tests were fine... except my iron. the lower end of the range is 10 or 11 I think and mine was 6.1! eek! So off to get a prescription of iron tablets I go!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buntingsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:55am
Whoop whoop! My 2 hour glucose test was well within the norms. Diabetic nurse is really happy with me (they'd warned me I'd have a high chance of getting it at around 28 weeks). Also happy with my weight ..... I have to continue daily testing to keep an eye on things but I am SO STOKED that it's not here yet!
Off to have a celebratory muffin! Haha - kidding

Canuckiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuckiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 6:36pm
Buntingsmum - Woo Hoo! Great news on the GD test!!

Em - Glad to hear your tests all came out okay, too! Iron's easily dealt with... I'm often on iron tablets, regardless of pregnancy.    Thank you for your advice - I got my Smiley Belt today and it helps when I'm walking, but the sitting/rolling over at night is all pretty painful...

I'm a teacher and I was going to work until the end of the school year (so 8 1/2 more weeks) but I may have to talk to my midwife about possibly ending earlier/getting a note to cut down on playground duty etc. She's got a referral for me to go to a physio, so I'll start that next week.

I sit on a Swiss Ball at work because that's more comfortable than any chairs - my poor kids watched me kneeling/leaning up against my ball for a while today, as I watched them practise for assembly! They're lovely and very sympathetic, so that's really nice. The best thing about it though is that my gorgeous DH sent me a beautiful bunch of flowers to work today to cheer me up.
Fruitikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruitikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 8:59pm
Hi Ladies,

I am a bit late joining this thread but I am due 3rd Jan 13.
AuzzyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuzzyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 11:18pm
Welcome FruitiKiwi.

I'm 27 weeks on Monday and thought it might be time to share belly photos.
Any idea if we can do that on here?

DH and I have not been out without DS for an Adult dinner. Ever.
So tonight we did.
DS is 5 so it's been a long time coming.
We also get to do it again in a few weeks.
I'm loving the time with DH. We don't get enough now days.
It's great to be able to make the most of it now with bub only 3 months away.

What will you miss most when bub comes?
I remember missing privacy. I didn't get any in the first 3 months after DS was born.

Hope your weekends are going as well as mine is. Hugs
Piglet13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 11:27pm
Im 30 weeks and feeling really tired, wake up in the morning and half hour later i just want to go back to bed, i cant seem to find the energy to do anything, any ideas on where i can get an energy boost from.

hope everyone else is ok :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buntingsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 8:57am
Hi ladies
Just a quick reply - will post more later - had a really busy weekend with DS 2nd birthday party.
Rickers - have you had your iron levels checked?
Welcome to Fruitikiwi!
Auzzymum - yay for dinners out. Def needs to be done eh? I'd share a bump pic but only in a private forum - maybe we can get admin to set a separate private forum for us if anyone else feels the same?

CindyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CindyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 1:43pm
Hey ladies,
Yay finally have internet again. Welcome all the new ladies.

I have msg'd angiebaby and asked if we can get a private forum.
Hope you all have a good week. I am so tired got hardly any sleep. Was woken up by a noise and was not able to fully fall asleep again. Sigh.
AuzzyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuzzyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 5:44pm
Rickers I am the same.
I get up at 7, get DH and DS of the work/school then I'm home to have breakfast then back to bed for 2 hours.
I find it gets me through the day after that. I just can't seem to get going in the mornings.
I am now on Iron tablets so that might help soon.

CindyP YEY for internet!!! I'd be lost without it.

I have another busy week coming up next week. Working on having a quiet remainder to this week. Bub is still laying traverse so I'm still getting pains. Thankfully they have eased up enough for me to cope with.
BH are getting stronger now and hurt a little. Today I had one put me off my feet for 5mins.
Is that normal? With DS they didn't hurt it was just tight for a few min then over it.
Oh well. At least bub is still in there. Thats the main thing.
Piglet13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piglet13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 9:58pm
Well i had the glucose blood test and she said my iron levels were slightly lower than they should be but didnt say anything else, i have been taking pregnancy vitamins for 2 months and they have iron in them, im a very fussy easter which doesnt help as i dont like the foods which contain iron apart from red meat, ive read that you can start to feel tired again in the third trimester so hopefully it doesnt last, hope everyone else is doing good :)
Journey for life View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey for life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 2:46pm
Hello ladies

Sorry I haven't been around for the last wee while.

I too am really starting to struggle with my day to day activity. I am continually finding I literally have to stop and grab something to steady me or drop to the floor to stop me from falling over and to catch my breath. I am beginning to think that perhaps I need to knock back work (last thing I want to do). The obstetrician I last saw (wasn’t my regular) said it was normal pregnancy symptom’s …. Hmm yes I total agree to some degree just not to the degree that it is happening to me, unfortunately as much as they would love to help it is really hard for them (even harder when they don’t fully know your background) when there is no ‘reason’ for what goes on with my darn body! I’m the 2 ‘percenter’ that despite all the tests under the sun there is no rhyme or reason why. The worst thing is it scares the crap out of me!! (Have had two strokes and developed seizures so far and really don’t want anything further to happen to me). – I see my physician next week she will no doubt   be able to give me some (me specific) advise.

On the positive my wee girl is perfect (she is breach and loves to give me lots of love ) and my family do try to do what they can for me - I am my own worst enemy hate to ask for help and like to do everything myself!

Baby shower this weekend!!! yippee ya I get to catch up with all my friends and family.
Canuckiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuckiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 8:10pm
It seems to be getting to that tired/uncomfortable stage for a lot of us, and unfortunately, some have it a lot harder than others!

Sending you guys lots of loves and healthy mum & bub thoughts. xx

(Also happy to share a bump pic on private forum. Somehow, I'm also unable to find the facebook group/lovely lady to send the message to! I kept getting other random pages! I feel like I used to be a lot smarter before I got pregnant.)
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 5:19pm
Oh eek Journey for Life, I hope you get some answers soon!

Canuckiwi, has the physio/belt been helping you?

I'm so glad hubby is off on university holidays now as its not so much my hips that have been an issue but my sacroilliac. So hoping my physio referral comes through soon! Its been hard not being able to pick up mr2 when he gets upset.

I found the person to contact re: the FB group, sent a message and a friend request, but haven't heard back. Keen for a private forum, or perhaps someone could invite me to the private group somehow on fb?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 89>