FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtoilet training anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
Author
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 12:59pm
well done Jake! Vincent has started using the potty again. He started a couple of weeks ago telling me he was doing poos. by the 2nd time i realised he hadn't done it but was about to so out came the potty & he sat down. Within a couple of mins there it was. i was so proud! Since he was done 4 wees on it too. We told him 5 times & he could get a new train for his thomas track. So yesterday #5 wee so out came a special "Jack" for his set. Now he wants more tracks so he know she has to get 5 more times. am finding if he is going to do it, usually it will be there within a few mins. YAY! still not pushing it but taking it easy.

Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 3:52pm

Well I am back here again. Josh so wants to be in undies like Andrew that I have now put him in them after he took him nappy off got himself on the toilet and did poos in there all by himself!!! Hewas calling out to me "poos, bum, wipe mummy".

He has been sitting on the potty and toilet (he prefers the toilet) from a very young age.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 1:17pm
OK, so we started potty training over the long weekend. We managed to get all poos over the 4 days on the potty. Its was a bit of a rush when he told us he needed to go sometimes, and he got a little stressed a couple of times, so held on to me while going ... but I think we did pretty well overall! (He had been telling me for a few months before he poo'd, so I knew he was ready).

As for wees .... we did managed to get one in yesterday, but that was it. On the first day he said potty or poo (not wees) a couple of times, then after sitting on it, stood up and wee'd next to it (so kinda got the idea, but I think he only goes standing up normally!!). And alot of the time I think he didn't realise til it was too late (or at all?!).

Hes a bit too young to understand treats, ie: as soon as I mention he gets one for going, he is up trying to get his treat and forgotten about the wees/potty! I did give him a new car on the first and 4th day for doing all his poos on there though ..... but its not like he really made the connection (or expected it the other 2 days).   SOOO ... do I just persist with putting him on every now and then, and telling him if he wees in his undies that he should be on the potty?? Or just let him do poos on it for now and try again with wees in a few weeks?

Also, hes in daycare (4 days at the mo, but it will drop to 2 in may) .... do you think that will disrupt things? They said to me this morning they wait til the child tells them they are wanting to use the toilet (no pottys there, just baby loos) .... so I'm worried he will freak out when he needs to poo (and I'm not there to help him on the potty), after 4 days of doing it in the potty!!! Or will he go back to thinking its OK to do it in his nappy if he can at daycare?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm new to this!!!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 6:20pm

When you drop him off at DC take him to the toilet so he knows what it is and that is where he can do his poos. Strange the DC doen't have the potty for the kids.

Josh did a day of undies at DC today and only one accident!!! They are loving him at the moment with his toileting.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:08am
Talking to someone else there, they do have a potty but try to change them to the toilets quite quickly. Unfortunately his key carer has been away this week sick and they have said I need to discuss it all with her to come up with a plan. We're still doing OK with poos at night (even though he is going in his nappy at dc) but haven't even tried again with wees.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2009 at 3:08pm
havent read the whole thread but 3 times now (twice today and yesterday morning) Megan has pointed to her nappy and said poos and sure enough she has done poos. would that mean she would be ready to start toilet training in the next few weeks??

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 4:35pm
i would take that as meaning she knows & deffiantely worth introducing her. especially since you newly preggy, worth doing it now rather than closer to bubs arriving. congrats by the way.

I decided on Saturday to bite the bullet & start tting again. Working pretty well. We now have a toilet seat that we call the potty seat. He thinks it's great. also have a GREAT toilet training star chart book from total learning (thanks sunnyhoney!) that he loves us to read to him whilst he is on there. usually by the third page he is doing his little wee. had poos in the undies today, but that will come i believe.

Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 5:29pm
I have had Rhyley in undies all day as he seems to want them on. But this morning he poo'd and wee'd them and then when i put on the potty and poo got on his foot he was really upset - so I made fun of it and a little game and saying its alright - last thing I want is him gettin put off...
So this afternoon he had dribbled a bit of wee's and then he stopped himself and ran to the potty and sat down - but didn't do anything - so glad he hasn't been put off but when he does go for a wee it'll be a long one as he hasn't really wee'd much today.

whoops spoke too soon - he just wee'd on floor and didn't even tell me - I hve put pull ups on but don't think hes quite ready so will just encourage the potty/toilet and see how we go.

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:51pm
Jakes regularly doing pees and woos in the potty without being prompted. We take his night nap off and he sits on the potty straight away and wees then runs around all morning with a bare bum. We have maybe one accident a day ATM.
He doesn't quite manage the potty if hes got pants on though so need to work on that I guess. Got him undies and using them to start off with to get him used to taking them off when hes gotta go.
He gets a choc button or part of a snake lolly (I break them into bits) when he uses the potty and hes quite clever coz he pees a little bit then comes to get a lolly then promptly sits down and pees the other half out lol then wants another lolly! Its so funny!! He gets his lollies too coz hes using the potty! Little smartypants!
ange221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ange221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 1:51pm
We finally managed to get our DS to do poos on the toilet after a two day strike. I told him I'd buy him a guitar (actually a ukalele (however you spell it) only $19.99 at the warehouse) and he ran to the toilet and sat there for half an hour and low and behold he produced the goods. Could be rather expensive if i have to bribe him every time. Told him he needed to do poos again today and he said "no, I did it yesterday", so he obviously thinks once is enough.
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 3:11pm
This may be a really random question, but has anybody else's little one decided that they want to be using the potty since everybody else does at 11 months?????

I'm still using nappies full time, but she HAS to come into the toilet if I'm in there, and will climb onto her potty while I'm on the loo. This started about 6 weeks ago when she bacame the "toilet stalker" - she wanted to watch EVERYTHING. I'd shut the door, she'd open it, crawl in, stand up in front of me and try to look into the loo to see what I was doing. So I told her I was using the potty because big girls don't need nappies. And, well, now she wants to sit on her potty every time DP or I go into use the bathroom.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 3:23pm
Flutterby, i never had this but take the chance whilst it's there! Vincent probably was reading ages ago but i didn't take the opportunity as i was heavily pregnant, & now we are struggling with it still!

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 3:07pm
Hi ladies, thought I would come hang out in here. Spencer today told me "poos" whilst grabbing the front of his nappy, he had done wees but doesn't seem to realise that that is a different word to poos. So yeah am hoping this progresses and then we can start TT in the spring.
We have a potty, he knows what it is for and sometimes likes to sit on it but so far no action on the potty. Mostly he is clothed when he sits on it though!

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 3:44pm
i note there was mention of it being strange that a daycare didnt have a potty - but ours doesnt...their way is to teach the kids to go on a toilet (smaller version of real thing) and no potty - so we sold our potty unused as decided to keep up toilet thing at home too....was worthwhile as Ella is fully toilet trained at 28 months and has only had a few accidents in past few months.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 4:03pm
Oh for anyone going that route I saw that bumbo have a seat for on the toilet, looked very comfy. I always think the plastic potty looks really uncomfy, so if Spencer goes of sitting on it I think I will get the bumbo one for the loo.

YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 12:39pm
Hi all,

So last week on Monday we officially started TTing for our DD who has just turned two. She picked it up really quickly with only a few accidents, however on Saturday things changed and we are now having more accidents and she is not telling us she needs to go.

Any suggestions

Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 5:18pm

well we are back on the TT bandwagon again as Mr T has decided that he wasnts to wear "undies" without a nap, nap. No worries there but when he wets he then comes crying to us. Sometimes he says toilet other times he gets really distressed. We ask him if he wants to go toilet and he also asks to go but nothing happens. Also he doesnt like sitting on the little toilet seat hes starts crying even with some distraction ie singing of songs etc and begs to "get off" then promptly does wees inhis undies and gets upset. We have told him that once he does wee, wees on the toilet he can have a present but still no joy...

Any suggestions?

Edited by Phat_Cat
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 11:53am
We're making steady progress here.

So far we have wees on the potty every day and periods of about 3-4 hours wearing undies before he will ask for a nappy again.   Not going near night time training for a while as he is a heavy wetter and wakes up soaked some mornings.   He is interested in poos and talks about poos but so far no poos on the potty/toilet.

I'm just taking things slow with him and letting him guide me really.
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 12:28pm
We've started TTing this week and so far its not going well.

She loves her panties but doesnt care one bit about going in them and is happy to sit around wet and soiled rather than letting us change her

She's always gone and hidden when she wees or poos and never tells us when she needs to go... and if you catch her she screams at you to go away.

I have no idea why she's this odd about it.

Hope next week goes better.

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 8:56pm
well we are two weeks into it and things are fab! We had two days of accidents then once he did go we were away laughing. Apart from yesterday hes done everything on there -he does get a bit upset with poos just the sensation i think but i sit with him and reassure him and we get there. The wiggles wipes are great as well, & ive involved him in as much as possible (ie choosing his undies and toilet seat). Yesterday was a bad day full of accidents but I gave him an incentive today of having a "present" if he kept his undies dry until bathtime and it worked. He stopped asking for stickers (for wees) and a lollie (for poos) so have left it as it is for now. The last couple of nights hes been completely dry over night but i think thats more of a fluke at the moment.
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>