FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtoilet training anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
Author
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 11:04pm
well done phat_cat. We can regularly get three nights in a row dry but am going to wait until we get two to three weeks of no wet nappy at night before i risk getting rid of night time naps. Vincent had his first accident today in AGES. He stopped in time, only a real lil bit in undies but sadly enough to wet his jeans. He stopped it, ran to the loo, turned on the light & i pulled his pants down & he got on the loo. I couldn't believe it when he then did something! I was so proud of him Other times he has stopped himself, he hadn't then gone on to do something. so i feel very excited.

Oh, he also comes up to me if we are out & asks if there is a toilet. in other words, i may need to go. i think i do. we try. maybe nothing. but guaranteed 5 mins later he'll wanna go again. :) i think it's great he knows even when he's busy now.

Sponsored Links

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 11:07pm
AzzaNZ, Could this be because she just isn't ready yet? Have you thought about perhaps letting her wear her undies over top of a nappy to get used to them? Don't know if it's a helpful suggestion or not, lol, just know when Vincent gets upset (usually about wearing the naooy cos he wants undies on top) we let him cos i see no harm.

maia07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maia07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 11:42am
Hello all

Great i have found a forum where i can ask questions etc seeing when others are toliet trainning.

With my daughter maia she was showing signs of toliet training i started with her she was doing really well then started crying so i thought she perhaps wasnt ready. And now that she is 2 i am thinking that i should start toliet traininig her, but is it best to toliet train them when they are showing signs? or when i thought i might try but not sure, any advice or tips would be great :)
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:22pm
welll we have had a successful day without nappies today - he did one huge wee on the potty, and two what I would call Mini wee's. A pebble of a poo (think it was just him forcing it out) but NO accidents. He did sowell and I feel its about time (hes 3 end of next month) unfortunately he has caregivers tomorrow where I will nappies on as he will get too distracted so won't bother with undies (although will put some in his bag incase he wants to wear them) but after this weekend if hes still doing well then I will send him to the caregivers with Undies.

I hope it lasts but it could all go back the other way too....

Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 1:45pm
well that was short lived - today and yesterday all we have had is accidents and nothing on the potty

its so fustrating but I really thought we had it - I am wondering do I continue like we are or should I just go back to nappies and try again some other time - I just think its a huge step backwards! Will try rest of today and tomorrow but then hes back at the caregivers so into trainerpants he will be!

Andriea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 9:50am
Hi guys my little guy has totally surprised me, after tryin toilet train him on and off with no interest at all, he decided 3 days ago he wanted to go toilet. In all honesty I thought yeah right but got my big fat preggie belly off the couch to take him and sure enough he went. Hes been everytime since and havent had wet accidents yet.

He wont do poos on it though, I think hes scared to sit on it (we have one of those little people seats as well and still doesnt want to) and doesnt want to sit on the potty either. He just wants a 'tappy' on, then hell do it, any suggetstions or should I just wait till he is ready and wanting to do it.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 10:53am
Andriea Sam won't do poos on the toilet either, unless you count a five cent piece worth he did the other day. He waits until he has a nappy on and then does it.

He also decided the other day that he wanted to do wees on the toilet so I let him and then put undies on him. I have been asking him every 1/2 hour to 45 minutes if he needs to go and he says he does so I put him on, he does wees and then wants to sit there for the next half an hour to 'do wees and a big poo' but doesn't do anything else.   Then he gets really upset if I try to take him off the toilet.    Then after sitting on the toilet for half an hour, he will get his undies on and then go outside and wee in them!

50% of the time he is good though and will do wees on the toilet and be dry until the next time he asks to go, but we are going through lots of undies!

Edited by neeandsam
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:17pm
OK, can I ask a dumb question? If you're TT boys, do you start with them sitting down to pee?
Mum to two wee boys
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:22pm
Sam sits down to pee and I honestly have no idea at what age I am supposed to teach him to stand up to do it.   He's not all that tall and couldn't reach standing up so it might be a while for us.   We gave up on the potty mainly because I am very very gaggy at the moment and even wees makes me want to throw up!     He just sits on the toilet seat for now, as I haven't gotten around to getting him a training seat, infact not sure if I will now as he's happy sitting on the cold plastic toilet for ages!
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 2:52pm
Luke decided he wanted to wear undies and sit on the toilet 2 days before christmas. Now he is fully TT in the day, day sleep nappy dry.!
So amazed and only 1 accident! on xmas day!

He is TT so happy just had to gloat!
maia07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maia07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 5:10pm
Hi all i am after some advice just found out i am expecting again in july this year, and i am worried my daughter wont be toliet trained in time, i am trying but she is really not interested what can i do?? we did do so well few months ago then she got sick and didnt want to do it punching myself now and we should of just tried to keep it going
]http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker2/777777/000000/My%20pregnancy/08/25/2010.png[/IMG]
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 9:35pm
Sorry can't help Maia, we have just started TT Jack.

Question - he refuses to go on the toilet or potty, but will happily sit there for stickers. He knows when he needs to go though, and has awesome bladder control (usually goes 2 hours without peeing). Will he eventually just start going on the toilet seeing as he hates it when he soils himself? Today the only times he went was when he was napping, and one accident, so it was hard to remind him to go!
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 9:59pm
from my experience i have found that a reward helps we had stickers for trying, then made a big deal & two stickers for actually going then a lolly for poos. He got to the stage that he was so proud of doing it on his own that he stopped asking for stickers & "pollypops" - well that was until the other day when we bought some new "pollypops"..(mini candycanes) but its only one a day im sure he will soon forget again. Heaps of praise & letting him choose some big boy undies did help. & patience! crikey ive never been so patient in my whole life lol but its so worth it! Tristen wasnt interested in nappy pants we only used them at night I just stocked up on the undies & went from there. Oh he only pooed his undies once & SO didnt like it hasnt happened again. He also comes & tells us if hes had "an assident" We now have the other extreme that he likes to pee anywhere & everywhere & do "bigones" in places like the bucket
also i think each child has different bladder control I was putting him on every 1/2 to hour & nothing but then decided to trust him to tell me when he needs to go he can go several hours without needing to go sometimes...

Edited by Phat_Cat
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 10:01pm
oh & for TT boys sit them down until they are tall enough to stand (and pee wee is long enough for them to control lol)
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Curtis - 26/02/12
aqua36 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqua36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 7:37pm

In need of some advice.  We started toilet traing our 29 month old last week, having used pull ups the week before to teach her the sensation.  She picked the sensation up quickly so started her in undies during the day (except for sleeps).  Last week lots fo accidents, then in weekend started to prgress with telling me as she went (rather than after) to telling me just as needed to go.

Progress to yesterday when she went wees twice and poohs once.  Have been using lots of praised, rewards and ringing grandparents. 

Today sent twice this morning happily, then suddenly says wants to go but when gets there either sits on seat for a few seconds or refuses to get on.  She will continually do this for ages; 5 times in 10 minutes!!  This has been going on all afternoon, she really does need to go (espcially number 2's - I think is scared?? and now got a tummy ache cos needs to go).

Does anyone have any ideas what to do now?  Am sure she is ready, freaks our if does a wee in nappy before bed.

Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 10:59pm
we had this at the beginning i would sit with tristen & we would sing songs & stuff & he would hop on & off several times before he finally went poos. Once he got used to it it all became ok. He would also get upset but i reassured him that its ok & i would hang with him until it was over - now he tells me to "leave me alone, me call you when me finished" & shuts the door lol
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Curtis - 26/02/12
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 6:00pm
were slowly starting TT
Jett loves sitting on the toilet but never does anything on it! he says he needs to go but never does
and he hates undies& boxers & is slightly warming up to pull ups

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 9:19pm
every child is different, so might just take time.
i start potty training my daughter at 19 months old, and now at 21 months old she is completely out of nappies and fully toilet trained.
elmo potty time dvd was a hit in our house, as was a sticker chart, every time she went potty she got a sticker that she got to put on her chart, this probably lasted a few weeks, then she was just stoked that she was a big girl now and didnt care about the stickers!!
good luck :)
rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2010 at 10:06pm
so far i only have one child out of nappies during the day, he has taken to it really well, only started a few days ago and he is taking him self to the toilet unless we are at playcentre where he needs help i think im more afraid he will fall in lol.
im hoping mason will be out of nappies soon but ill wait til he can talk a bit more 1st, he is 21mths so we have time. my oldest however refuses.
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 4:03pm
Anyone who's been through TT got any ideas, we sat Ruby on the potty a few days ago and she farted which was great but this morning she said potty but then when I asked her if she needed it she said no and looked frightened and said scary potty What can I do?

I might try her with the kids seat on the toilet instead?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>