FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtoilet training anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
Author
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 4:25pm
porcelina my 2.5 yr old prefers the toilet insert and never liked the potty. We still aren't TT'd yet though....

I've been thinking about posting in here for a while....

IMO Gabrielle has all signs of readiness apart from being able to tell when she needs to go. Is this something I should wait for or is something learnt through 'accidents'? She can always tell me after the fact... but when she has an accident if she is wearing knickers she gets really surprised...

Ideas? I thought I might switch to pull ups with the wetness liner next time I buy nappies and see how that goes...

I would love G to be TT'd by the time she is 3 but I am all about following her lead.

edited to make sense :-)

Edited by xXELAx
Sponsored Links

porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 4:35pm
I am SO sick of people saying that it's time R is TT. I am sure forcing them will make it worse!!! They will when they are ready after all.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 4:45pm
IMO pull ups are a waste of time and money - they are just like nappies only *nicer*. My mum decided that Amy should have them as she was totally not co-operating with TT at age 3+. I was just going to put her into the cheapest nappies I could find but no, it had to be pull ups. She now admits that I was right and Amy loved the pull ups and never once *pulled them up*.

We did TT boot camp in January with both girls> Sophie had never had much nappy off time and it was her first go in undies. She knew when her poos were coming but not wees. After 2 days in undies she started to know. We are still having good and bad days - mostly bad when she is a bit sick or when her molars are playing up, but I think that after trying both ways (waiting until they are ready and cold turkey) that cold turkey is better.

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 4:49pm
Thats some food for thought as I have been thinking for ages about just throwing Gabrielle and knickers and seeing what happens. I just feel that all of her other signs are enough and that even if it takes a little while she probably won't be able to tell when she needs to go without the accidents.

The hardest part for us is that my 15mth old loves playing in the toilet so it is hard to let Gabrielle have free reign when I need to close the door all the time to keep Tane out. Only one way to learn though aye....
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 3:59pm
Forget it - pretty much TT now anyway

Edited by Bobbie

julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 11:03pm
hey ladies , i couldnt be botherd reading through the whole forrum to see the answer even tho i know it would have been asked before . what is the average age for toilet training ? my girl is only one and not walking yet so i know it not gonna be any time too soon but i was just curious .
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 3:47pm
julz i dont think there is an average age...   neither of my boys trained till after 3 yrs old... Eden on the other hand is in undies now and is 2.5yrs old... some kids are in undies by 2 even.

I was just reading back and oh my gosh - what a journey that was getting the boys to TT.

I do have a question about night TT though. Eden hasnt had a wet nappy in the morning for nearly 2 weeks (that i can remember, i wasnt really checking them before that) and i wonder how long before i can go without nappies at night?

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 4:01pm
julz my DD was fully TT at 20 months. I completely followed her lead, one day she said to me no nappies Mummy, so I put her in knickers and that was it. She was obviously ready for it, glad she let me know as I had no intention of TT her so young!

We had a wee bit of regression a few weeks ago, but it turned out to that she was having issues at kindy which was causing the regression. It only lasted a few days and she was back to normal.

bizzy, DD can go for months with no wet nappies at night then she will go a whole week of wetting every night, theres no rhyme nor reason for it, so I just put her in a nappy to save me more washing
denny25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denny25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:46pm
Ava (now 2) is having tt issues!

I havent really forced the issue yet as she doesnt tell me when she wants to go etc. the other day though, I put her on the potty in front of the tv, and she did a wee!! So we celebrated etc etc.

Then later on that night i heard her fart, so I took her nappy off and put her on the potty and she did poos! WOO HOO! BUT she completely freaked out and went "Eww eww gross gross" and got so upset by it. I tried to tell her it was good but since then she has refused to go on the potty at all. She also has been hiding the potty behind the curtain in the lounge! HELP!!
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 6:42pm

Wow I better start reading this thread lol. For the last 2 weeks Clodagh has started going 'psssssss' then sniffing furiously and rubbing her nose whenever she has done poos....at first I thought it was a conincidence cos she's 'only' 15 months old but nope it's a definate acknowledgement on her part that she has done a poo and wants to be changed (cos she then tries to take her pants off!).

I guess I want to know where to from here? We have a potty and she's very interested in it and also in DF and I going to the loo. She makes all the sounds hehe but I don't want to force her IYKWIM? But I maybe had a goal to follow her lead and perhaps by January or so (she'll be 19 months then), she might be a bit dry during the day? Is that unrealistic? Any advice appreciated

TIA

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 7:25pm
she may or may not - eden was very aware at a young age but it took till now (2.5 yrs) for her to really want to. but then again we moved twice and had the stress of house buying and selling in there. i would certainly let her use the potty if she wanted and see where it leads you.

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 7:27am
My DD is finally TT! I did throw her in knickers to see how she went and she was going well but I had to insist she go to the toilet and she quickly got the hump and would hold on and not go on the toilet and then have accidents instead. I put her in pull ups after that and decided to stop pressuring her. She woke up 2 days ago and just decided to wear her knickers and has been taking herself to the loo since. Stubborn by nature it seems she wanted to do it on her terms but I am so happy now and wish I didn't stress it so much before.
Manda23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 8:31pm
Slowly trying to TT my DD now, she is 3 at the end of this month... She hates it! nothing unusual though. She loves not wearing nappies but hates sitting on the potty! I'm hoping she will get used to it eventually.. :)
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 4:28pm
FINALLY my nearly 4 year old is Toilet trained - has been a very long road and tried EVERYTHING but it is done ☺

Manda23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:41pm
DD is starting to feel a bit more comfortable on the potty- yay! and when she wants to go she lets me know- finally progress! :)
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:20pm
I have started TT Arianne, she keeps taking her nappy off, loves the potty and tells me when she has done a pee or poo (as she calls it).

Since it is summer I thought it the best time since its so hot she loves not wearing a nappy now but still haven't gotten a successful pee or poo in the potty. Still im taking my time and getting her into a potty routine.

After she wakes up I take her to the potty, before and after her nap and before bed at night. See how she goes
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:40am

we finally seem to be getting somewhere with the toilet training yay!! DS is nearly 3, he has been fine with wees for awhile, if he had no pants on he would run down and go in the toilet but when I put him in undies he would wee in them! He has now got the gist of that though and will pull down whatever he is wearing to go.  Poos is a no go though, still getting that in his pants unfortunately.  Does anyone else have a little one who is afraid to sit on the loo?  He has never sat to wee, he has watched his big brothers so has always stood (on tippy toes lol - so cute!!).  He gets upset when I sit him on the toilet

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:32am
Ok I think we are going to start TT DS.
We've had the potty out in the lounge for months, and DS would need to go wee's so would go behind the couch or ask for a nappy on. I was going with the approach of he'll just do it when he's ready. I was right!.
Last week I was in the kitchen and he was nappyless, and he said 'Ryan done wee's on the potty' I didn't believe him, and sure enough he'd done it. NO pressre or anything. SInce then he's when he's had his nappy off will go on the potty. Except one evening when he wanted his car with him and got up to get it and went on the floor. But thats ok.

Monday he did one before bed. Tuesday (yesterday) he went before his arvo nap, then i put a nappy on him sent him to bed when he got up I took his nappy off, it was dry, and he sat on the potty and did a wee, and was nappiless for the rest of the day and did 2 more we's after that. THis mornign he's done 3 wee's since 7.30.
His night nappy was quite wet but not as wet as it can be!

So where to now?
We are having a day at home so I'm plannign on trying a whole day with no nappy and just let him do it. I'm a bit nervous about the poo though. He does one a day and it varies on when. I think then tomorrow if it goes smoothly we'll try the undies.

Oh and I'm running out of marshmello's. and he has filled 2 lines of 10 on his star chart just for wee's.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:22am
Anyone else tolieting a baby? DS turned 1 this week. In the last 3 weeks he has started sleeping through the night, and is now dry overnight too- about every second night. Havent been brave enough to decrease the ammount of pads in his overnight cloth nappy yet tho, and was wondering at what point shuld I do that? Was thinking of waitinf til he is dry 2 weeks, then just using a day nappy overnight,...then if hes dry a few more weeks will leave it off.
Hes done almost all his poo's and up to about 5 wees a day on the potty or toilet since he was 5 months old.
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:42am

We are using pull ups - the cheapest ones I can buy though. We wear undies in the afternoons but in the mornings when we tend to be busiest we are wearing pullups. We have been nappy free (apart from nights) for 5days now.....we are getting lots of wees in the potty, and have had several poos. We have only had one accident in his undies and he came straight to us and said "I was too busy playing it was a accident"...so cute!

I know he has done the odd wee in the pull up and I purposely leave them on so he can feel "wet". I havent been brave enough to go out with undies on him yet, but dont think we are far off!

We have very much been letting him set the pace for his TT, and he seems to be ready now, so are going full steam to try and get it sorted a bit before preschool starts again and before baby arrives!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>