FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedyummy chocolate chip biscuits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yummy chocolate chip biscuits
    Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:40am
1 Huge bowl

(sounds like a lot of butter etc, but this recipe makes around 5 dozen biscuits...also batter freezers okay)

750gms chocolate chips
500gms butter
1 1/4 cups castor sugar
5cups self raising flour
1 can condensed milk

Soften butter, add sugar and cream, add rest of ingredients.

roll into balls and place on baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork...bake at 180 for 20mins

Sponsored Links

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:12am
ohh Kazzle I have almost the EXACT same recipe - and can vouch for the fact that they make VERY yummy cookies - plus the cookie dough is really tasty too

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:37am
Sounds great...i might try tonight.
emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:15pm
I have this recipe too - soooo yummy. In fact, because it makes a lot of bikkies (if you don't end up eating the dough first) we roll it up into a tube shape, double glad wrap it and put it in the freezer - means that you have fresh cookies 25 minutes away in a cookie emergency.

JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 4:36pm
Can you substitute the castor sugar for normal and the self raising flour for normal flour with baking powder?
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 5:11pm
yeap, i almost always use castor sugar now days instead of normal sugar and for every cup of flour i use just under a tsp baking powder

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 7:35pm
Choc chip biccies just arent the same without the condensed milk. We made some today almost the exact same recipe but it is dairy free so no milk - still yummo tho.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 7:51pm
Thanks. Great idea about putting the dough in the freezer. How long would it last in there for?
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 8:41pm
ive had the batter in the freezer for about 3mths and its still good, wouldnt leave it much over that though

JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 9:30am
Well in case anyone else wonders.....I wizzed the normal sugar in the blender for a bit, and mixed some baking powder into the flour and they came out fine!

YUM!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Can you substitute the castor sugar for normal and the self raising flour for normal flour with baking powder?

I do this in every recipe calling for self-raising flour.. I never buy the stuff

Post Reply Post Reply