FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGerman Coffee Group in Auckland?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: German Coffee Group in Auckland?
    Posted: 30 June 2011 at 5:27pm
I am trying to find out if there is a German speaking coffee group anywhere in Auckland.
Would be great if somebody could help!
Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 6:06pm
Is there a German ex-pat's club in Auckland? Maybe they could help.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 7:21pm
I know there are lots of German mums and dads in our neighbourhood so will ask. May see some at music tomorrow.

My sil goes to a Swedish one and i have heard of a Russian one. Maybe you could be the founding member!

sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 7:41pm
I just found a playgroup in Grey Lynn which I will be checking out on Monday!
But I'm still keen to hear about others if there any that is.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 7:54pm
Soooo i'm totally just going to threadjack a little bit but i assume this means you are german or a german speaker? Because DS's dad is german and while he doesnt see his son much at all i would like DS to have a little bit of the language and mine is limited so i was hoping to find some german nursary rhymes, or little songs (like german versions of itsy bitsy spider etc) if they exist, i have done some dodgy translations of things like 'you are my sunshine' but if you could give me the names of some i will find them and we can sing them together and then we'll both sound like total nutters but it'll be fun!

Sorry for the total threadjack but it seemed a waste to start a whole new thread that you'd probably be the most help in answering anyway!
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 10:25pm
Yep, I've got some books with German nursery rhymes. Will find some tomorrow and put them up (if I remember... feel free to PM me if I haven't replied!)
NorthShoreMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthShoreMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 3:13pm
Hi Sem,

I realise it's been a few months since you poasted this ... but I'm also looking for a German speaking coffee/playgroup.
My little girl is only three months old, but we're going to raise her bilingual, and I'd love for her to hear some other German voices than just mine.

Have you had any luck with finding a German speaking group? I'd be keen to hear about it!
Scruf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:22am
Hi NorthShoreMummy,

I am a newbie here too and a German mum-to-be. I live on the North Shore, as well as you (i guess) and like your idea about a German speaking coffee/playgroup as i also plan to raise my child bilingual.
As i am also quite new in Auckland/NZ i haven't found and don't know many German speaking people or play/coffee groups either. Maybe it is best to start one on the North Shore? Or meanwhile, have you been successful in finding a suitable group already?
For me it is actually a bit early as the baby is due only beginning of March 12, but i thought it might be cool to get some "German speaking contacts" anyway, also in relation to the future.
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:23pm
I have only just seen this thread has popped up again. The group I have found is in Grey Lynn and they meet every Monday 3.30-5.30pm at the Grey Lynn Community Center. It is run by German Mums and was pretty good. We only went a few times but found the time a bit of a hazzle. And then it was holidays and we went away and now its Christmas so not really happening for us.

We were the youngest there and I think the group is suited better for older kids so I might consider it again next year.

I am out West, my girl has just turned 1 in November. Would be keen to meet some more German speaking people, so if you do arrange to catch up let me know.

There are heaps of Germans on the North Shore - have you been to the bakery in Glenfield and the butcher in Albany?
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthShoreMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 8:55pm
Hi Scruf and sem,

Thanks so much for replying!!
Yes, I like the idea of arranging something on the North Shore. I'm pretty busy until New Years, so let's be in touch again in January.

I was also panning to try out that playgroup in Grey Lynn, but my daughter is even younger than your's, sem, so it might not be suitable for us yet.

I haven't tried the German bakery in Glenfield, or the Germann butcher in Albany. I didn't even know abot them (only the German deli in Browns Bay). Will have to check them out!!

Merry Christmas!!
papillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2012 at 3:29pm
Hi everyone,

I am also from Germany and have lived on the North Shore for around 10 years with my Kiwi partner now. At the end of February we are expecting our first child (a girl) and I would love to catch up up with any other German/Kiwi mums on the Shore. We are in Takapuna right now but will be building our first home in Red Beach soon.

CU soon hopefully!
Julie
Scruf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2012 at 10:29am
Hi there,

cool, my Kiwi partner and i having also our first child (girl)as mentioned earlier above. We live in Browns Bay. We have checked out the German bakery in Glenfield and butcher in Albany as well as the German Cafe in Browns Bay already...from time to time it is good to eat some "known" food and even some Kiwi friends go there now, because they like it, especially the bakery stuff. Bakery will open again tomorrow after a holiday break, as far as i know.
Well, i guess like Julie i am waiting now, the next couple of weeks, for the "mini" to arrive. Yep, would be cool to catch up then or maybe even upfront to start a "baby group" or call it coffee group...whatever. Keep contact - Antje
zian1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zian1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2012 at 11:23am
Hi Ladies

awesome, I was just about to put up a similar post and now found this. I am German but have been living in NZ for 13 years, my hubby is Serbian and we are planning on raising our daughter (who is due 3rd March) trilingual. Would be great to catch up with you. Scruf and Papillion sounds like we are all due very close together. Hahe you started antenatal classes yet? If so where? We started last week with the PArents Centre in Apollo Drive.
zian1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zian1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 8:52am
just bumping this. Ladies are you still here? Would love a catch up some time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthShoreMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 4:06pm
Hi everyone,
Great to get some more interested people!! Sorry, I've been really busy up until last week with visitors ... but now free again and very keen to meet up!
We're in Oteha, so maybe Browns Bay would be a good and relatively central point for everyone to meet up? Or Takapuna? Or any other suggestons?
Und wann passt's? Vielleicht naechste Woche irgendwann?
nic77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nic77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 12:10pm
Hi everyone,

I'm German, married to a Kiwi and our son was born in Novemver. I'd love to meet other German speaking parents, to practice my German, as I have been living here for 15 years and of course to have my son hear other people speak German. I live out West, but would be happy to drive to the Shore to meet up. Please keep me in the loop on what your plans are.
zian1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zian1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 12:19pm
Hallo North ShoreMummy, Nic und alle anderen,

komisch das wir alle in Englisch schreiben :). Da ich momentan noch arbeite waere es fuer mich am besten wenn wir uns am Wochenend treffen koennten, naechstes Wochende koennte ich am Sonntag. Die Woche danach bin ich dann auf maternity leave also koennte auch unter der Woche. Takapuna waere gut aber ich wuerde auch nach Brown Bay kommen wenn das leichter ist. Freu mich Euch all zu treffen!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthShoreMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 2:45pm
Fuer mich waere unter der Woche am Besten, wenn's geht? Richte mich aber gern nach der Mehrheit. Was meint ihr anderen?
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 12:40pm
Looks like I have the oldest child amongst us, but still keen to catch up
I'd also prefer during the week, but work Tuesday and Thursday at the moment.

How about Wednesday 8 February? Takapuna or Browns Bay beach if the weather is nice?

Edited by sem
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
Scruf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 3:27pm
English/German?....egal...

I also prefer during the week. Wednesday and Browns Bay -beach or e.g. the Starbucks Cafe there ? sounds good to me.
What about a meeting next week already, Wed. 1st February? The 2 weeks after i am away, have visitors, anyway we can make it a weekly meeting, anyone who wants to and can come, comes.

Yep, will be exiting to meet you all. Any more suggestions for a preferred place and time to see + meet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>