FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTraining to be a mum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 3:04pm
Agree with that Amybaby it needs to be part of AN class or similar as before I got preggers a parenting course would have been a waste of time.
I went to school in the 80's parenting has moved on a lot since then and anything being taught would have been irrelevant.

Edited to add I don't think any course could have prepared me for how difficult establishing breast feeding would be, not being able to tell parents about bottle feeding EBM and/or formula is doing them a disservice. How can parents make an informed decision if they don't have all the information they need.

Edited by caliandjack

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by caliandjack caliandjack wrote:

Agree with that Amybaby it needs to be part of AN class or similar as before I got preggers a parenting course would have been a waste of time.
I went to school in the 80's parenting has moved on a lot since then and anything being taught would have been irrelevant.

Edited to add I don't think any course could have prepared me for how difficult establishing breast feeding would be, not being able to tell parents about bottle feeding EBM and/or formula is doing them a disservice. How can parents make an informed decision if they don't have all the information they need.

Totally agree.

That is the time you need the information & are prepared to take it in as it is relevant to you.

At school I would not of been interested in knowing babies are awake during the day & the night or how to change a dirty nappy. If a school has a high rate of pregnancy then they may need a program on parenting.
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:32pm
having parenting programmes when I was in high school/college would have been pointless for someone like because by the time I did have children I would ahve long forgotten.

parenting is one of those things that you learn as you go along. it would be like me learning to how to parent a teen when I have another 10 years to go before I am even the parent of teen so I am likely to not even remeber what I did learn.

Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 9:14pm
this is an interesting topic! No idea where I stand though as i am still waiting for baby number 1 to arrive though I have been wanting to get as much information as I can about taking care of him via books/the internet. Especially on breastfeeding. (I looked up how to swaddle a baby last week because i had no idea!)

i was most annoyed to find out my high school introduced childcare classes after i left so my sister got them but i didn't! It would have been more interesting and useful than classic studies in my opinion DH constantly goes on about all the useless stuff they teach you at school.. my english classes for half the year were watching and analysing movies so i guess i have to agree with him!
Hariba266492 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hariba266492 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2021 at 8:55pm
Hello, dear. I really understand you. I also want to start training to be a mum. However, it is really hard. I don't know what to do.
Heily266755 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heily266755 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2021 at 8:52pm
Ohh, I understand you. I am also a mum. Firstly, I was afraid of being a mum, I thought it would always be difficult, but then it became easier. The best idea is buying them something, children adore new goods. I often try to buy different games and toys for my kids, so they are happy. I have recently ordered them here evas-brand.com a gym play set with сlimbing ladder and gymnastic rings. They like such activities, so I think you can also be a nice mum.

Edited by Heily266755 - 28 August 2021 at 9:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123