FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYou’ll just know

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 5:54pm
Interesting topic-DP only wants 2 but im not sure i want either 3 or 4. But as kiwikt said it depends on what we are blessed with and how many embryos we get (or if we can save enough money for another round of IVF)
Sponsored Links

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 6:06pm

I just know I want another one......however somewhere along the line common sense has to kick in unfortunately lol!! We have our hands full with 3, our house is full our car is full and our sanity is questionable at times!  I would dearly love another and I will be 34 this year so I kind of feel like my clock is ticking.  DH is adamant though NO MORE!!  It is still a slight bone of contention although I have tried to convince him otherwise he wont budge and I am slowly coming to terms with it.  Thankfully my sister has a gorgeous 3 month old so I get to have baby cuddles and give her back!!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 8:01pm
I just knew I wanted another one about 2 hours after Kiara was born lol. And the more she grew up the more nostalgic I became about getting to go through all the stages again.

The thing is, I had to talk my partner into this 2nd child, he was quite happy with just the one (though the way he is with her he will be quite happy with another too)
However I can't say definitively I don't want another, cause I feel like I may end up with 4 O.o (don't quote we on that). But for health reasons there will be a bigger gap before the next one(two I like even nummbers :D)
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
mumoftwins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by tictacjunkie tictacjunkie wrote:

Re tubes tied- it's mostly up to your ob I think. I was offered it after #3 when I was 23, it was my 3rd c-sect though so that may have had something to do with it.

If you have them done during a c-section they don't seem as strict on the age etc.....but if you have it done as a separate surgery you need a certain number of points to qualify for it publicly. I was 33, had 3 kids and was possibly looking at a miscarriage and told I was too young by my doctor! However the pregnancy continued and I had them tied during my c-section with no questions from my OB (I have anti-bodies that can be dangerous to baby so had I not asked to have them tied, the OB said he would have strongly suggested it to me!!)
millymollymandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millymollymandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 8:49pm
Two's enough for me I have known this since I was young. Personally I don't really like the whole newborn thing. Sleep deprivation leads to depression for me. Not that I don't love my kids! I also don't want to be having a baby in my 40s. DH wanted more until we had kids! lol
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 8:34am
Some people say that they just felt they were "done". Like they were happy and content with the kids they had and didn't feel the urge to have anymore. That their family just felt complete.

I thought i didn't want anymore after #2, especially since my two were both reflux babies with sleeping issues for a long time. But after a while i started to want another. I hoped i wouldn't get that urge. lol. But we'll be trying for #3 next year. I'm hoping i won't get the urge to have anymore after that, 'cause we won't be! Haha.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 3:36pm
Yep I was definately "done". I was done at one, but had another cos my hubby wasn't "done". He then had a vasectomy when C was 5 weeks old, so thats it. Persaonlly though, I actually didn't plan on having children so maybe that "sealed" my "doneness". After J though I did feel very clucky straight after, but waited utill J was almost one before TTC, with C I have never ever felt clucky.
I also think terrible pregnancies and chronic morning sickness played a huge part in the Uh uh, no more thing too.
I guess you look around you table and at your family pictures and see if you can "see" another face in there somewhere. (i'm stealing that from Petra Bagust)
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 4:11pm
I know I am not done and that damn clock it getting VERY loud in my head but I think that DH is probably done. He was always less keen than me.
I am the opposit to fattarts - pg & birth pretty easy on me. BF was the really terrible bit.

I haven't given away any of our baby stuff yet, only loaned out a couple of things. I am 36 so I don't have as much time to sort this out as some!

My two are at a funny stage where there are a lot of days when i think - am I mad to want another??? As they are close in age they play together a lot and thus fight like cat & dog Maybe in a couple of months, once Amy is in school I will try to make a more final decision

RedHeadDuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHeadDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 4:31pm
TBH I'm not clucky I don't think. I think babies and all that are nice, but don't think I'm very clucky. But we are still planning #2 for when #1 is about 3ish or so...

At this stage, I think 2 will be it for us though. Although I have plenty of time to change my mind as it means I'll be having #2 when I am 23 and DH will be 29/30 (depending on when #2 is due) so we'll see At this stage it could sway either way. Dh is open (kinda...) to the idea of #3 so I guess it depends on where we are in life. Either way I think we'll wait until #1 is about 5 and #2 about 2 till we decide (for similar sized gaps inbetween)

I just need to think of a long term, but temporary form of contraception after #2 cos no way do I wanna keep taking the pill for years to come!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123