FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYoung Mothers???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
NelsonChick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NelsonChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 8:47pm
heyy i had little sebastian about a week after i turned 17, have had alot of different reactions mostly being "but you're too young!" which it so not true, we are just as capable as older parents! sebby wasnt planned but now he's here i cant imagine being without him, i love him more than anything.
Sponsored Links

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 10:01pm
i had caitlyn at 20 and looking younger than 20 i get some disparaging looks-but u just learn to live with it and ignore it.
There are older, married mums who stuff up with their kids too.
But....sometimes i can see why young mums get a bad rep-when i see all the young mums walking around holding baby in one hand and there smoke in the other, going out with guy after guy, and it pisses me off cos for us young mums who are trying to do a good job and are doing our best-they ruin it
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 6:45am
I can honestly say that when I got pregnant at 26 with Jake I felt too young. For me, any age would've felt too young!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 8:23am
I was 17 when I had my little man. My parents were very supportive and I could never in a million years have managed to do so well without them. The guy was a loser and was soon off the scene after my little one was born. I was doing 7th form cos I wanted to go to law school and it was lucky that I had Christopher in the weekend before the two week holidays in April!! I had the two weeks off with him and then was back at school. My parents looked after him during the day and would bring him to school so I could feed him and spend time with him during breaks etc. The school was also very supportive of me being there and I was allowed ot take him with me to school a couple of times and have him in class. I got in to law school and got an A Bursary over 4 subjects that year. I ended up not liking it at varsity at all so decided if I could get a good job during the summer break - I would leave. I got a very good job,left varsity, met the man of my dreams and we got married in January this year after 8 years of being together. He has always being the dad to my little man.
I know that my story is very different to most young mums but it annoys me when people typecast us and look at us funny when we are just as capable as any other mother out there. It doesn't matter how young you are - what matters is your child and how much you love them and the personal growth that you undertake to be the best mother that you possibly can.
My little man is soooo proud at school when he tells people how young his mum is and he thinks that it is totally great and his friends are jealous and envy him!! We like the same music and I can sit there and appreciate wrestling with him and its so cool being his friend as well as his mum. I think I do a fantastic job with my son and get annoyed at the picture that gets painted of young mums by people that have no idea!! Anyways - way to go girls!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456